Image Image Image Image Image

Well hello there

Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

Codaks
Midi-Chlorian

Well hello there

Postby Codaks » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:33 am

Hi all

So I've been snoping around these forums for years, but have only just recently signed up. :oops: I've really enjoyed reading Photonovels and seeing all the creations like Dioramas and customs. That got me thinking maybe just maybe some day I'll make my own dioramas or photonovels.

I've been a fan since the early 90s, but didn't have the option to collect before the mid 90s, when I was in my early teens. It was a little rough growing up in the dark ages of Star Wars, when all you wanted was more. :( But ofc I got into reading comics aswell.

So I had a lot POTF figures in the original international packaging. When I say "had", I mean they are mostly opened now. Not because of kids or I couldn't help myself and just had to release them of their plastic hell. Simple reason: two floods... Yeah, one radiator broke a pipe and the second time was a flooded basement in my old appartment building... Oh the grief!!! :cry:

I'm still a collector, but living in Denmark, Europe, is a collectors hell! Main reason is that Hasbro dosen't release SA figures here, only the 5POA stuff, and where's the fun in that? I mostly get items from ebay, but I gotta admit I'm really excited about the new line coming spring 2018. No more "walmart exclusive" that will make my collection hunts in stores fun again. :D

So just wanted to say hi and looking forward to spend my time with like minded beings :D

Cheers
Ronnie aka. Codaks
Codaks --- OUT ---
Kooshmeister
Scavenger

Re: Well hello there

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi, and welcome! I'm new here, myself, but the people here seem pretty nice and I like it here so far. :D
Utinniii
Pod Racer

Postby Utinniii » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Welcome! It is always great to have new faces here, especially if you intend to make figures and customs. Check out Yakfinities for a fun contest.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Awesome, welcome to the forums!!!

I barely avoided water damage to my collection one time. It was bad for the house, but at least my figures avoided any damage!
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:15 am

Welcome, Codaks!! You're in for some fun with this forum! :D
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
Codaks
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Codaks » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Thanks guys. I'm glad I finally registered.

Utinniii - I'm not promising anything, but if the right challenge comes along I just might attend. :D

Jodo - I hope you were insured as I was. Only I wasn't covered as a collector, so the only thing I got out of it was alot of loose figures. :roll:

GrandMoffHux14 - Ohh I know, I finally registered to use the forum. :lol: I've been following the main site in ages, but the forum on and off.

Kooshmeister - and very helpful too. If you need tips or tricks to create your own stuff. It's easy to to find here.
Codaks --- OUT ---
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Welcome! If you need a hookup for figures in the US, let us know!

Glad you are interested in dioramas/photonovels... that stuff is a blast.

:wink:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”