Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

By SpaceLizard1980
Hello everyone,
Long time reader of Yakface and the Yakface Forums. I am an avid collector of Star Wars figures among other pop culture themes. Of course Star Wars is the biggest part of my collection though. Probably like most of you here I was exposed to Star Wars at a young age and it was like nothing I had ever seen before. Growing up with the prequels and the Clone Wars cartoon was a amazing time and further fueled my Star Wars fandom. Then came the games and comics and I was opened up to the expanded universe which eventually led to my favorite era, the old republic. I’m happy to be here with this Star Wars community and would be glad to share my experiences and creations with all members.

Favorite Movie: Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
Favorite Game: Knights of the Old Republic series
Favorite Comic: Star Wars Tales
Favorite Era: The Old Republic
Favorite Cartoon: Clone Wars Micro series (2003)
Favorite Character: Bossk

P.S. Come check out my recent post in the Customization Creations thread
By Utinniii
Welcome to the boards.
I like ANH best. Jawas are my favorite aliens.

I don't have favorites in anything else.

I also enjoy customizing and diorama making.
By Utinniii
SpaceLizard1980 wrote:Nice to meet you Utinniii, Do you have examples of some of your work?

Check out the customs and dioramas threads. For the older threads with my Jabba's Palace you may need the Photobucket fix to view them.
Let me know what you think of them.

Here's a few of my favorites.

And not just Star Wars

I like your username. In the 80's my cousin and I would run around playing "The Adventures of Superlizard and Buck". I was Superlizard.
By darthvlad
Welcome to the crew! We're a fun group and I always enjoy looking at everyone's customs! Once of these days I'll get to doing some. :lol:

As for favorites,
Favorite Movie: Empire
Favorite Game: Only had Force Commander
Favorite Comic: Only movie adaptations
Favorite Era: I guess the Empire
Favorite Cartoon: The Clone Wars
Favorite Character: I don't think I had a favorite. Always love obscure characters like the bounty hunters though.
By SpaceLizard1980
You should definitely try customizing darthvlad since there is plenty of characters that Hasbro won’t even consider anymore. Maybe start small and watch some tutorials, that’s how I began and it grew from there.

Really like the Jedha City diorama Utinniii, those cargo crates and the hover-tank look great! I’ve never really tried doing dioramas and vehicles, I wouldn’t even know how to start.
By ImperialOfficer
SpaceLizard1980 wrote:You should definitely try customizing darthvlad since there is plenty of characters that Hasbro won’t even consider anymore. Maybe start small and watch some tutorials, that’s how I began and it grew from there.

Really like the Jedha City diorama Utinniii, those cargo crates and the hover-tank look great! I’ve never really tried doing dioramas and vehicles, I wouldn’t even know how to start.

For vehicles, I would start small and make something small out of cardboard or repaint/ modify an existing one. That's how I started.
By Utinniii
SpaceLizard1980 wrote:You should definitely try customizing darthvlad since there is plenty of characters that Hasbro won’t even consider anymore. Maybe start small and watch some tutorials, that’s how I began and it grew from there.

Thanks! If you want a paper Kyber Crate and some other types of crates, go here.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1136994

Just start small. It could just be the ground or a background wall.
By darthvlad

Thanks. I've gotten a lot of encouragement from others on here to try my hand at customizing and making a photo novel so maybe one of these days I can devote to developing a plot. I've got ideas for characters anyway.

I'd love to get together with some locals (Chewie and Jodo) and do a customizing night (we've talked about it), but since we're all adults (well most of us anyway) with jobs, kids (not Jodo), and/or other commitments, etc we've never got one arranged... yet. Customizing nights are built on hope. :lol:
By SpaceLizard1980
Wow I will definitely be making some of those papercraft crates for my Rebels display. Thanks for the recommendation Utinniii.

I will say that the most important tool you need for customizing is time. I usually customize every Saturday unless I have other plans that conflict. But keep planning with the guys darthvlad, I’m sure it will happen one day.
I make stuff too!

I should maybe revisit that Luke; he might need bl[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

I'm working on an wanted ex Rebel militia turned […]

They carve up nice. Like chicken. https://i.[…]