Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Grimace
well I would be happy if this or a question like this was asked every round by some site
every round a different site would have the second question about the case ratio suckage

with Hasbro having to answer for it time after time, they might get the hint and change the ratios
and then I wake up and realize it was all just a daydream

here's my question

Hasbro, we have now seen pictures of what looks to be Cutup, and the mysterious phrase "TRAINING ON KAMINO". Do we have a new Clone Wars Battlepack to look forward to? Will there be any Separatist droids with the unique slivery-chrome deco from the same episode?
By darthmadonna
Dear Hasbro... I love your Clone Wars line so much I do buy every figure. I realy like Cad Bane and I have waited over a year for him in the Clone disguise. Now I was waiting for him to come out carded but I see he is packed in with Anakin and Asohka for 20-25 dollars depending on retailer. I can not afford this and as I mentioned I being a good and faithful fan to Star Wars and Hasbro I already bought these two characters in these incarnations. Now I am left out or feeling completely shut out in the cold, as I want that Cad Bane but can not afford that price for one figure seeing as I already have the other two. So I was wondering how you would feel if I bought the set and took the Bane out replacing it with an extra figure I have and just returning it to the store and getting my money back. It may seem unethical but it is also kind of rude to make me spend that kind of money and basically make feel like I am being punished for supporting your line and already owning Asohka and Anakin. What should I do?
By stroebel83
darthmadonna wrote:Dear Hasbro... I love your Clone Wars line so much I do buy every figure. I realy like Cad Bane and I have waited over a year for him in the Clone disguise. Now I was waiting for him to come out carded but I see he is packed in with Anakin and Asohka for 20-25 dollars depending on retailer. I can not afford this and as I mentioned I being a good and faithful fan to Star Wars and Hasbro I already bought these two characters in these incarnations. Now I am left out or feeling completely shut out in the cold, as I want that Cad Bane but can not afford that price for one figure seeing as I already have the other two. So I was wondering how you would feel if I bought the set and took the Bane out replacing it with an extra figure I have and just returning it to the store and getting my money back. It may seem unethical but it is also kind of rude to make me spend that kind of money and basically make feel like I am being punished for supporting your line and already owning Asohka and Anakin. What should I do?

i think this is a very fair and reasonable question. i do not think hasbro will give it the attention it deserves, but i do support it
By darthmadonna
^ thanks. I was being a bit of a smart ass but also it is kind of a good question really. It is like damn I am good and buy this stuff I agree that such beahviour is unethical but Hasbro knows darn good and well with a situation like this they are the root of such problems. Knowing full good and well that packing a new figure in with two older ones is really LAME. :lol:

It seems Hasbro has stopped answering our question from Yak anymore anyways. "Oh we must have lost your questions in the digital shuffle" Again LAME! :lol:
By stroebel83
honestly, even if you are just joking it seems like a good number of other collectors are going this route.
Even the practice of buying cases and returning the undesirables borderlines this practice (maybe not morally) at some point Hasbro has to see a negative effect in sale or at least loss prevention.
By YAK_Jayson
darthmadonna wrote:^ thanks. I was being a bit of a smart ass but also it is kind of a good question really. It is like damn I am good and buy this stuff I agree that such beahviour is unethical but Hasbro knows darn good and well with a situation like this they are the root of such problems. Knowing full good and well that packing a new figure in with two older ones is really LAME. :lol:

It seems Hasbro has stopped answering our question from Yak anymore anyways. "Oh we must have lost your questions in the digital shuffle" Again LAME! :lol:

They got 4 questions from us this time. Hopefully they answer at least 2 :lol:
By Paulskywalker
Dear Hasbro

Do you not think its really unfair repack badly outdated figures in Battle Packs for extortionate prices as value/gift type packs to kids and parents; like the forth coming Geonosian Arena Battle packs?

Dear Hasbro

Yet again we see another gimmick, this time in the form of Star Wars Battle Balls, surely by now you have realised these gimmicks every year fail? Why don’t you save the money for the tried and trusted lines, and sort out the distribution and reduce the pricing.
By kenkraly2004
Dear Hasbro , I like mostly everything that is coming out in late 2011 and in 2012 with the vingtage collection like the episode 1 figures and so on. But why for the wal mart exclusive episode 1 figures and vehicles does it have to be on the darth maul episode 1 packaging and not the vintage collection packaging? I understand it is done to commemorate the release of episode 1's return to theaters in 3D but those figures and vehicles should be on the vintage collection packaging. Why make that decision? And will those wal mart exclusive episode 1 figures and vehicles be on the vinatage collection packaging in the near future?
By Paulskywalker
Dear Hasbro

Will you be correcting the huge helmet on the forth coming 501st Trooper, or are you not bothered about what you put out? Smaller companies with lesser money and fewer funds can put out amazingly detailed, articulated, reasonable priced figures in toy shops and sci fi shops; but you can't get a helmet right first time.....

Dear Hasbro

When will you be getting round to putting a new realistic Battle Droid on the STAP, the TPM one looks really outdated now. Heck maybe just redo the thin narrowing head on it or better still put some alternate lower arms on the S/A Battle Droid that should do?
By LtColonelFifi
YAK_Chewie wrote:
LtColonelFifi wrote:Here is question:

Do you have plans to do any Wookiees beside Chewbacca, also with new accessories?

I like that, as long as we're referring to new sculpts (as they did make quite a few Wookiees in the ROTS line).

:wink:

I should mention that I meant Clone Wars Wookiees, and yes, new sculpts.
By Paulskywalker
Dear Hasbro

After NYCC it seems rather than resolving existing issues your aim is to make it all more complicated by putting multiple types of basic figures of a single character and on different cards, for example Maul on Movie Heroes, Vintage and TPM packaging. Aside from being a strange strategy of saturating a character that kids and collectors a like will only really want one of, it has made it hard to know what is what then it comes to accessories, for example will the TPM Maul be the same figure as the Vintage Maul but with more or less accessorie etc?

Dear Hasbro

Will you be putting battle damage on the Vintage boxed V-19 Torrent Fighter?
By Paulskywalker
Dear Hasbro

You mentioned at NYCC that the interior of the AAT has been redone, but nothing was shown, please can we see some pictures and details of it?
By Paulskywalker
Dear Hasbro

How do you justify the Vintage Tauntaun and the Search for Luke Skywalker sets both being $24.99, there is a clear difference in value of these sets as one has two figures with it. They to rub salt inthe wound more they are both an exclusive to the same store!
HasLab Wish list

An Imperial landing pad would be great. :wink:

Very nice work, they all look great. Amazing that[…]

Ewok Love

Great list w/ visuals, though a number of those ha[…]

DarthSinister's Customs

Thanks guys! He was fun to do. Cain, I may do a 1:[…]

Your Hans both look great! Very well done... ...[…]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/download/file[…]

Here's a few. I haven't swapped the hands or tried[…]

Yakfinities #73 - The Unknown Regions