Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By DeltaSquadSev11
Dear Hasbro
Will we be seeing more animated Padme Amidala figures in TCW line, such as scuba and Naboo battle gear? Also, are there any plans for a Tarapals and Gungan Warrior figures in TCW line?
By YAK_Chewie
Hasbro, it appears from our perspective, the Republic Attack Shuttle's success was a mixed bag.

This item didn't seem to move all that well at retail until there were some sales run on it, and even online it can be found for the $25.00 range... which can't be good at all for the companies that invested in these to sell, only to have a hard time breaking even.

The overwhelming consensus around the collecting forums seemed to indicate that most people didn't find this ship very appealing, and we'd rather see you put your resources into items we see in the films (Sail Barge, Tantive IV, Death Star Playset)... heck, I've spent over 25k on my collection since 1995, and had never even heard of this ship until pics came out of it being made... so was this really a wise choice of a bigger item to be made when there are so many other things that collectors and kids would recognize, and say, "That's so iconic, I have to get it!"

So in your estimation, what went wrong here? And please don't think the playset feature was the problem, because that doesn't classify as to what the market is asking for when we indicate we want to see playsets/environments in the Star Wars line.
By Raylen
1) The McQuarrie concept figures you did were awesome. But there is one character who was completely overlooked. Lando! There are a couple of interesting concept designs for him. We got two different concept Snowtroopers, yet we are missing one of the major heroes in the saga. Please consider making this figure.

2) Hasbro, you love to throw around the word "iconic". No vehicle is more iconic in Return of the Jedi than the speeder bike. Why then, have you not updated this vehicle yet? In addition, we should've gotten a good Emperors throne a long time ago. Yes, it would not fit on a figure card. Emperor, throne, Vader, Luke.... ICONIC scene. Reuse the best of these figures and you have the perfect battlepack.

Good grief Hasbro... Do we have to do all your thinking for you?
By Grimace
Hasbro, since it looks like the Clone Wars figures line is now on the back burner, many of us who enjoy the line are now worried that we wont be able to find the very few figures slated for release in 2012. Will you consider selling all the new figures in a set at SDCC and Celebration Six and then Hasbro Toy Shop so we the consumer don't have to waste many hours and gallons of gas looking for the one or two new figures mixed in with all the older figures we already have? The SDCC Death Star set was, judging from ebay and the few that went online at HTS, a huge sucess, as was the last wave of the Indiana Jones figures. Putting up the last few Clone Wars figures in a set like either of those would be a perfect remedy for those of us tired of all the repacks and carried forward figures.
By Raylen
Given that distribution has been such a problem over the last year (or two), could you expand your inventory at Hasbrotoyshop.com? I am just finding the AOTC wave in stores now for the first time. Yet, I purchased these early in the year through hasbrotoyshop. Considering the frustration collectors are having, if you simply stocked more of the figures through your online store, many collectors could go there to get the figures they need. Bastila Shan and Fordo have been impossible for me to find, yet last couple times I checked they weren't even available through the hasbrotoyshop site at all.
By tokiravensky
This question won't be as large as others and wont probably won't be submitted or answered but....I am wondering if hasbro has any idea if any toy companies are attempting to get a license to produce prometheus toys. The aliens universe has a wide adult fan base and I think that a line of figures and vehicles based on prometheus , alien, and especially aliens would do quite well. anyone else agree with me?
By Trooper31
YAK_Chewie wrote:Hasbro, it appears from our perspective, the Republic Attack Shuttle's success was a mixed bag.

This item didn't seem to move all that well at retail until there were some sales run on it, and even online it can be found for the $25.00 range... which can't be good at all for the companies that invested in these to sell, only to have a hard time breaking even.

The overwhelming consensus around the collecting forums seemed to indicate that most people didn't find this ship very appealing, and we'd rather see you put your resources into items we see in the films (Sail Barge, Tantive IV, Death Star Playset)... heck, I've spent over 25k on my collection since 1995, and had never even heard of this ship until pics came out of it being made... so was this really a wise choice of a bigger item to be made when there are so many other things that collectors and kids would recognize, and say, "That's so iconic, I have to get it!"

So in your estimation, what went wrong here? And please don't think the playset feature was the problem, because that doesn't classify as to what the market is asking for when we indicate we want to see playsets/environments in the Star Wars line.

Great question. I'd like to hear what they have to say about this subject.
By Paulskywalker
Dear Hasbro

When will we be getting an S/A TPM Tatooine Padme and Anakin, since these are the two main characters in the movie how come they are not priorty?

Dear Hasbro

Since Padmes Naboo Skiff is a regular in the Clone Wars series and appears in the movies have you thought about making one, say the same length as the Y wing with a bridge, cabin ramp etc??
By Grimace
Hasbro
is there any chance of making a Stormtrooper that has the holster hanging from the right hip?
almost all of the Stormtroopers in The Empire Strikes Back have holsters on the right hip, which is different than the Stormtroopers seen in A New Hope
and since said Stormtroopers never took off their helmets, any chance of said figure having the non removable helmet?
thanks for your consideration
By YAK_Chewie
Trooper31 wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:Hasbro, it appears from our perspective, the Republic Attack Shuttle's success was a mixed bag.

Great question. I'd like to hear what they have to say about this subject.

Thanks - glad you like it... if it gets asked, maybe Jayson can sneak in something about how we think that Palpatine's shuttle would have been a wiser choice... seems that if it were in vintage packaging with a new crispy Anakin and a medical capsule, Hasbro's retail partners would have had a bigger hit on their hands.

:wink:
By drod26
great idea chewie.. I would be all over an Palpatines ship.. I saw the Republic Attack Shuttle an wasnt too impress even at the $25 price point.
By Paulskywalker
Dear Hasbro

With new Star Wars toys are as rare as hen's teeth these days, i was wondering after the very impressive Daulty Dofine, especially the head will you be doing new versions of TPM Nute Gunray and Rune Haako?
By Paulskywalker
Dear Hasbro

One of my and most fans favourite scenes in Star Wars is the opening moments of A New Hope with the battle on the Tantive IV, with this in mind have you ever thought about doing a Blockade Runner vehicle/playset like the BMF. Maybe having the main corridor running down the middle with interchangeable doors (damaged/undamaged door), one side of that in the sloping parts of the hull the briefing room from ROTS (heck put that in the bulky engines?) and on the other the engineering cooridor for Leia and R2 to do their planning in, obviously a bridge in the cylinder section for the pilots and maybe an escape pod and possible an engine room in the engines; oh and add the best Stormtrooper and Rebel Fleet Trooper available. What do you think? done like the BMF was this would be a hit with fans for sure, and then what about a destroyer..... :OP

Please ask this i'd love to see what they said, i did do a similar question with the republic cruiser too.
HasLab Wish list

An Imperial landing pad would be great. :wink:

Very nice work, they all look great. Amazing that[…]

Ewok Love

Great list w/ visuals, though a number of those ha[…]

DarthSinister's Customs

Thanks guys! He was fun to do. Cain, I may do a 1:[…]

Your Hans both look great! Very well done... ...[…]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/download/file[…]

Here's a few. I haven't swapped the hands or tried[…]

Yakfinities #73 - The Unknown Regions