Image Image Image Image Image

#53: The Answers 7/11/08

Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

#53: The Answers 7/11/08

Postby YAK_Jayson » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:54 pm

Responses follow below, plus this note from the Star Wars brand team:

We have created two files to help folks at home anticipate and plan for our big Star Wars 7/26 launch. These files will be available for download at starwars.hasbro.com next Wednesday 7/16. They are: 1. The "Hasbro Clone Wars Handbook" details almost everything that will be available 7/26 and over the course of the Fall for Clone Wars, with images of all basic figures, vehicles, exclusives, and more. 2. As the Handbook focuses on Clone Wars, and does not have actual anticipated on-shelf dates breakdowns of figures by wave, we have crafted a second companion spreasheet titled the "Hasbro Star Wars Fall 2008 Release Guide". This Excel spreadsheet details Clone War and Legacy Collection information, along with availability dates and wave breakdowns, so all collectors will know what to focus on when. Please spread the word that these will be available 7/16 for download at starwars.hasbro.com. Thanks!

Q1: Is there a definitive list/breakout of what will be shipped to retailers for sale on July 26th? I know it all has to do with retailer distribution, but how many Legacy and Clone Wars waves will be out? Vehicles? Battle Packs? Comic Packs? Exclusives?

A1: Yes! We will be making available on 7/16 (next Wednesday) at starwars.hasbro.com TWO great downloadable documents that will orient folks to what will be available on 7/26 and select highlights for waves and products through October. 1. The "Hasbro Clone Wars Handbook" details almost everything that will be available over the course of the Fall for Clone Wars, with images of all basic figures, vehicles, exclusives, and more. It will also be handed out in printed form at our booth at Comic Con for fans in attendance to commemorate the 7/26 launch. 2. As the Handbook focuses on Clone Wars, and does not have actual anticipated on-shelf dates breakdowns of figures by wave, we have crafted a second companion spreadsheet titled the "Hasbro Star Wars Fall 2008 Release
Guide." This Excel spreadsheet details Clone War and Legacy Collection information, along with availability dates and wave breakdowns, so all collectors will know what to focus on when. Please spread the word that these will be available 7/16 for download at starwars.hasbro.com. Thanks!

============================================================

Q2: By now, you are aware the BMF has been found up in Canada. I was wondering if the stores in the Canadian market have to meet the mandated shelf date that the US does? What is the punishment, if any, for a store in Canada that sells an item for for the July 26th date?

A2: The stores that sold unites, in violation of the 7/26 on shelf date, have stopped. The on-sale date is 7/26 the world over, not just for the U.S.

============================================================

Q3: Dear Hasbro, a boxed image has shown up online of the new Clone Wars Republic Gunship and it has sparked the discussion regarding the label/decal possibilities. Will collectors be able to "personalize" their gunships in regards to the nose art? The box front looks to show at least 2 decos (the "Twi'lek pin-up" and a red circular symbol) are these labels included with the gunship and are there other choices as well? What are they?

A3: The deco of the vehicle includes the nose art tampo. It will not be provided on a sticker sheet.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:33 pm

JediTray wrote:I'd like to know if the Gunship body will be like the "space-capable" one seen in the box art and Clone Wars cartoon, with doors that close all the way to make it safe for space travel.

Yeah, I know, I guy can dream can't he?

I thought I had posted a question to that effect but I guess it either wasn't submitted or not answered :( I'm guessing the answer is "no" which in my view is outrageous because it's really false advertising (and yes, the cover art also shows it firing laser canons and flying but the physical features of the vehicle ought to be accurate!)
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.photonovelalliance.com
The Guardians of Peace and Justice
Episode iii: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
Niktom
Imperial Alchemist

Re: #53: The Answers 7/11/08

Postby Niktom » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:51 am

YAK_Jayson wrote:We have created two files to help folks at home anticipate and plan for our big Star Wars 7/26 launch. These files will be available for download at starwars.hasbro.com next Wednesday 7/16. They are: 1. The "Hasbro Clone Wars Handbook" details almost everything that will be available 7/26 and over the course of the Fall for Clone Wars, with images of all basic figures, vehicles, exclusives, and more. 2. As the Handbook focuses on Clone Wars, and does not have actual anticipated on-shelf dates breakdowns of figures by wave, we have crafted a second companion spreasheet titled the "Hasbro Star Wars Fall 2008 Release Guide". This Excel spreadsheet details Clone War and Legacy Collection information, along with availability dates and wave breakdowns, so all collectors will know what to focus on when. Please spread the word that these will be available 7/16 for download at starwars.hasbro.com. Thanks!

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm kind of excited about that. It will certainly make the 26th much easier.
Always looking for Vintage Star Wars Holiday Special Items
Visit YaksPub.com
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Absolutely me too! I wonder if we'll see some surprises too, stuff we didn't know we'd be getting!

What I want to know is the logistics of the midnight madness thing. Is it going to be orderly such that they let in one person every few minutes, or is it going to be a free-for-all where people are fighting and getting trampled? If it's orderly then I will go, otherwise figget it!
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.photonovelalliance.com
The Guardians of Peace and Justice
Episode iii: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Darth Kikinou wrote:Absolutely me too! I wonder if we'll see some surprises too, stuff we didn't know we'd be getting!

What I want to know is the logistics of the midnight madness thing. Is it going to be orderly such that they let in one person every few minutes, or is it going to be a free-for-all where people are fighting and getting trampled? If it's orderly then I will go, otherwise figget it!

You'll be staying home then. It's usually a running of the bull type scenario. :lol:
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:21 pm

It's usually pretty nuts at those midnight madness things. Fun though.

I'm hoping Wal-Mart has their stuff for sale at midnight; I'd rather go there.

:wink:

Return to “Hasbro/Yakface Q&A”