Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Jayson
Here are the answers for this round. Enjoy!

Q1: With the release of the Clone Wars Homing Spider Droid and their prominence in the Clone Wars movie, might we be seeing another release of the Dwarf Spider Droid in CW deco? If so will it be a repack/repaint release of the old sculpt or a new sculpt altogether? It would be great in an upcoming battlepack.

A1: We currently don't have it slotted in, but agree that it is a great candidate especially after seeing them in action so prominently in the Clone Wars movie. We would most likely pick up and use the same one, since it is a good model and has an interesting kid feature, but we'll take a look at it again if/when we decide to use it.

===========================================================================

Q2: I know a lot of collectors are becoming a more selective these days in their purchases considering the price hikes in most of the SW line coupled with the big ticket items like the Falcon and AT-TE. As a result, the repacks (Legends) were the first to go. Granted business is about making money, but would it be a cost savings from a packaging development/printing and figure production standpoint for Hasbro overall if this repack subline was dropped in favor of having the Legacy and Clone Wars line only? It might make the higher prices an easier pill to swallow for collectors.

A2: In fact, the impact of dropping Saga Legends would be the exact opposite! By being able to re-release our most popular figures for the kid audience, it allows us to maintain our focus on newness in the Legacy and Clone Wars lines. Our take on Saga Legends has always been that it is not for the core collector, since the figures in the lineup are unchanged from their previous release (with a very few exceptions such as the 501st upgrade figure). As such, collectors can "ignore" them if they choose and concentrate on the Legacy and Clone Wars lines. If MOC collectors feel "compelled" to get Saga Legends to keep their collections intact, then we are sorry for the burden, but then carded collectors are used to working against some fairly sizeable numbers as we continue to have success with the line.

===========================================================================

Q3: All on-screen Jedi Council members have been made into action figure at least once - except for Jedi Master Coleman Kcaj. He is of the Ongree species and was a Jedi Council Member prior to The Great Jedi Purge (Order 66) and has similiar likeness to that of Jedi Pablo Jill you released in a 2005 line. Will we be seeing a Coleman Kcaj figure being released anytime soon, whether it be a repaint of Pablo Jill with Soft Goods or a whole new sculpt? Then all the Jedi Council members would have been made.

A3: Good one. We had forgotten about him somewhat, but will take a look. In our opinion, any Jedi Council member deserves a basic carded release or an upgrade (even if deco only) eventually.
By JediLjf
YAK_Jayson wrote:Q3: All on-screen Jedi Council members have been made into action figure at least once - except for Jedi Master Coleman Kcaj. He is of the Ongree species and was a Jedi Council Member prior to The Great Jedi Purge (Order 66) and has similiar likeness to that of Jedi Pablo Jill you released in a 2005 line. Will we be seeing a Coleman Kcaj figure being released anytime soon, whether it be a repaint of Pablo Jill with Soft Goods or a whole new sculpt? Then all the Jedi Council members would have been made.

A3: Good one. We had forgotten about him somewhat, but will take a look. In our opinion, any Jedi Council member deserves a basic carded release or an upgrade (even if deco only) eventually.

Omgomgomgomg! My question was asked! :D Thankyou so much!

It seems like a promisisng answer, my question seems to have drawn their attention to not only Coleman Kcaj who needs a figure, but other Jedi Council members they say 'need an upgrade' on basic card. Hopefully this'll mean some of those Council Scene exclusives from EpI will be released single carded with upgrades? I could do with seeing Eeth Koth and Depa Billaba upgrades, after the Even Piell and Yaddle repaints.

Woohoo! Glad this question got asked, it means so much! I'm just happy I've had a Q&A with Hasbro and that my question might actually make a difference. If we get a Coleman Kcaj figure anytime soon, I'll feel like the figures special to me so I might end up buying one and keeping it MOC. (I know that'll sound so lame to you lot! :P)

Great questions! :D Worth the wait ;)

- (A Super Happy) JediLjf.
By raziel
:D Glad your happy JediLjf!

You know - sometimes I really don't get the questions asked in these things, JediLjf asked about a character that hasn't been acknowledged or released before so thats cool ...

But

Asking if they're gonna repack something seems a waist of a question unless its something rare like So Bibble since you can still pick one up anyway.

One site even wasted two questions on costs even though its obvious H won't discuss the buisness side of things.

Thanks anyway I guess . . . this months just didn't give me anything cool IMHO :( :lol:
By Diddly
I understand Hasbro's reasoning behind the Saga Legends answer, but the fact is that neither collectors nor kids want them. Heck, look at the new lineup of Saga Legends... I can still find all of the original versions of those figures on the pegs. Heck, the Wal-Mart near my campus has a section for TLC, a section for 30AC, AND a section for TSC 2006. I even saw an ROTS Palpatine on the pegs on my last visit there.

Last week I scored some new TVC at Walmart... ht[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Completely agree... the Gamorrean is going to be i[…]

https://i.imgur.com/3uy9lk6.jpg https://i.imgu[…]

Community fodder box...

Here is everything I forgot to include. I'm OK[…]

Your customs put the company to shame. No excuse f[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

That is super cool! I have several of the NECA fi[…]

Thank you all! It's been fun doing these figures. […]

HOMEWORLD RETURN TO HIIGARA - Part 4

This is absolutely fantastic work! I LOVE the Home[…]