Image Image Image Image Image

#59: The Answers 11/7/08

Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

#59: The Answers 11/7/08

Postby YAK_Jayson » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:01 pm

Q1: Dear Hasbro, are there new Greatest Hits ("GH" designated) repack figures planned for the TLC line in '08/'09? Most case revisions from here on out don't specify any further offerings. If so, what are they and when should we expect them? If not, why?

A1: Yes, there will be approximately a dozen Greatest Hits figures in the 2009 lineup. It's too early to reveal them all, but for the most part they will be drawn from various multi-packs and select basic figure releases from the past couple of years.

===========================================

Q2: During the 30th Anniversary collection, you had a designated "EU" wave with figures like Darth Revan and Darth Malak. Are there plans on the horizon for a similarly themed basic carded wave in 2009 or are Comic Packs, Battle Packs and Evolutions sets to be our sources for most EU material figures?

A2: There was an EU-themed wave slated as the very last wave of 2009, but now it has slipped a bit and we anticipate that it will be on-shelf in January 2010 at this point. This wave will include the previously announced The Force Unleashed Shaak Ti as well as K'kruhk and a few other major figures drawn from other EU sources.

===========================================

Q3: Dear Big H, can you give us a preview of what the new Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter looks like when separated into its 2 vehicle mode? Also regarding the new JSF, will the hyperspace ring from the TAC release interface with this new design? If so, will we get a hyperspace ring optioned JSF say for Anakin or future releases since it has been featured in the CW series right out of the gate?

Q3: The Hyperspace ring will indeed be compatible with the new Jedi Starfighter. Right now, we are looking for a retail partner for a future version of this ship released with the right. It may not be Anakin as his ship is most likely to be in the mainline Starfighter vehicle assortment, but we could do additional Jedi Starfighters in this manner with the right retail partner.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Sylexus
Droid

Postby Sylexus » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:13 pm

YEAH!!!!

Im feeling happy now, those answers were really good, though my Q's still haven't been asked :?
"I have a bad feeling about this" - Multiple characters across several award winning movies.
RC 0379 Marev
Nerf Herder

Postby RC 0379 Marev » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:17 pm

No way man, those answers were bad. Specifically the one where my Kkruhk is now delayed to 2010. Grrr!

Marev
Sylexus
Droid

Postby Sylexus » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:20 pm

RC 0379 Marev wrote:No way man, those answers were bad. Specifically the one where my Kkruhk is now delayed to 2010. Grrr!

Marev

the delay doesn't matter as much as the fact that they've confirmed an EU wave and TFU shaak ti will be in it.
"I have a bad feeling about this" - Multiple characters across several award winning movies.
RC 0379 Marev
Nerf Herder

Postby RC 0379 Marev » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:43 pm

An interesting observation, and i do welcome a TFU ShakTi, but there can be no EU without Kkruhk. He IS the EU.

Marev

...who continues to plot his clandestine 007 style infiltration of SithFire's place to acquire the fabled Kruhk action figure.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Sylexus wrote:the delay doesn't matter as much as the fact that they've confirmed an EU wave and TFU shaak ti will be in it.

But we already know that they were both confirmed so it is a bummer that will now have to wait till 2010, cus we were all looking forward to them.

Hey least we know we maybe getting Ani's fighter and another type with a hyperspace ring.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
King Optimus
Midi-Chlorian

Postby King Optimus » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:11 pm

A TFU Shaak Ti would be sweet. I like her costume.
Theo Zissou
Mandalorian

Postby Theo Zissou » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 pm

sounds good with Unleashed Shaak Ti as well as K'kruhk, but yeah 2010 is a bummer. the way things get pushed back i would be suprised to see it slip further :/
“I don’t think it’s really fair for me to be on a jury because I can read thoughts.”

Liz Lemon-30 Rock http://www.30rockquotes.net/

http://theozissou.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/TheoZissou
YakPurge
Nerf Herder

Postby YakPurge » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:46 am

Now it's just a matter of which version of k'kruhk they'll make. Republic or Legacy, Un/robed?
RC 0379 Marev
Nerf Herder

Postby RC 0379 Marev » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:23 pm

It simply must be the robed and hatted version that fought Vos on the rooftops. I can accept no less..... well, i could but i wouldn't be happy about it. Sincerely Hasbro, i would really really like a SuperArti Jedi Robed Kkruhk, with a side of Hat please.

Marev
Coookieemonster
Moisture Farmer

Postby Coookieemonster » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:14 pm

Could they possibly get away with doing both on the one K'Kruhk how different is he (I mean if you remove the Hat and Cloak would he look like he does in Legacy or is it to far removed).
"Wooooookkkkkiiiieeeee Coooookkkkkiiiiiieeeeesssss"
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:22 pm

He looks grey and has a broke tooth in Legacy, so he does have a phyiscal difference
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..

Return to “Hasbro/Yakface Q&A”