Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Jayson
Here are the answers to questions sumitted back on 12/30/08.

Q1: The recent "Lair of Grievous" Clone Wars episode seemed to beg this question – Are there any plans for a Battle Damaged General Grievous in the Clone Wars Line complete with removable legs and battle damaged face plate?

A1: We will be updating our Grievous sculpt for 2009 with some cool new touches….you just may like what you see. Stay tuned!

=============================================

Q2: Due to their prominence in the series, can we expect to receive a Clone Wars Super Battle Droid version that incorporates the large cannon-like arm in 2009?

A2: Yes, yes indeed.

=============================================

Q3: Since last week you clarified the some of features of the new Super Vulture Droid, what else can be said about it? Is it able to be transformed into its "walking" droid mode and has it indeed been "EU-ized" to carry a pilot/droid of some type?

A3: It will indeed be a walking-type model and we'll have more details at Toy Fair. However, due to the need to have a reasonable-sized pop-out head to complete the aesthetic, we decided against having a cockpit that would fit other figures and directed our energies to make the legs split and added firing missiles.
By YAK_Chewie
Not too bad of responses this time round... I'm not too interested in another Clone Wars style Grievous (or the first one for that matter), but it sounds pretty cool for those that are into that line. Same goes for the Super Battle Droid.

I do think it's cool that the upcoming Super Vulture Droid will be a walking model... looking forward to that and the features on it sound nice.

:wink:
By Eopie Herder
I Just hope that they do like the ROTS version and have different paint schemes available.

I was also thrilled to read on a Q&A from another site that Hasbro is actually going to do something small to celebrate TPM's 10th anniversary.
By Michael
No its even worse than that Chewie they are going to release all the lame sculpts from EP1 (You know to give it the Original Vintage feel), lol.
By YAK_Chewie
Eghyuck. :lol:

I'd go for a VOTC type line actually, with EPI cardbacks with all new sculpts but priced at regular retail, similar to what we are seeing with the GI JOE figures nowadays.

Maybe make it the following characters:

1 - Anakin Skywalker SA w/ podrace gear (all new)
2 - Obi Wan Kenobi SA (all new)
3 - Qui Gon Jinn SA (using some Evolutions parts)
4 - Naboo Battle Amidala SA (all new)
5 - Darth Maul SA (all new)
6 - Darth Sidious SA (all new)
7 - Nute Gunray SA (all new)
8 - Jar Jar Binks SA (all new)
9 - Captain Panaka SA (all new)
10 - C-3PO SA (all new)
11 - Sio Bibble SA (all new)
12 - Senator Palpatine SA (all new)

Then a couple of Battle Packs to fullfill the Army Builder needs:

Escape from Theed
- Battle Droid (POTJ Security Droid sculpt) x 2
- OOM-9 (POTJ Security Droid sculpt) x 1
- Naboo Soldier SA (all new) x 2

Battle of Naboo
- Battle Droid (POTJ Boomer Droid sculpt) x 2
- Destroyer Droid (TAC w/ shield) x 1
- Gungan Warrior SA (all new) x 2

By Eopie Herder
YAK_Chewie wrote:Eghyuck. :lol:

I'd go for a VOTC type line actually, with EPI cardbacks with all new sculpts but priced at regular retail, similar to what we are seeing with the GI JOE figures nowadays.

Maybe make it the following characters:

1 - Anakin Skywalker SA w/ podrace gear (all new)
2 - Obi Wan Kenobi SA (all new)
3 - Qui Gon Jinn SA (using some Evolutions parts)
4 - Naboo Battle Amidala SA (all new)
5 - Darth Maul SA (all new)
6 - Darth Sidious SA (all new)
7 - Nute Gunray SA (all new)
8 - Jar Jar Binks SA (all new)
9 - Captain Panaka SA (all new)
10 - C-3PO SA (all new)
11 - Sio Bibble SA (all new)
12 - Senator Palpatine SA (all new)

Then a couple of Battle Packs to fullfill the Army Builder needs:

Escape from Theed
- Battle Droid (POTJ Security Droid sculpt) x 2
- OOM-9 (POTJ Security Droid sculpt) x 1
- Naboo Soldier SA (all new) x 2

Battle of Naboo
- Battle Droid (POTJ Boomer Droid sculpt) x 2
- Destroyer Droid (TAC w/ shield) x 1
- Gungan Warrior SA (all new) x 2

well, out of that list, we know that we are getting the Obi-Wan for sure, but I'd love a SA Anakin, and I bet we'll see that Evolutions Qui-Gon on a card this year or next, likely packed with a poncho instead of the robe. I also thought that they might reissue some figs on Episode I cards, but what would they do about the commtech chip?
By YAK_Chewie
Well, they could change the bubbles I suppose to not include the commtech chips.

That Qui Gon with a poncho would be pretty sweet... maybe with a different head sculpt to boot too.

By Eopie Herder
YAK_Chewie wrote:Well, they could change the bubbles I suppose to not include the commtech chips.

That Qui Gon with a poncho would be pretty sweet... maybe with a different head sculpt to boot too.

I love the head sculpt..it actually looks pretty good with a new paint job, if I would ask for a change it would be that his tunic be all the same color as opposed to the belt area being darker than the rest like it is now.

Last week I scored some new TVC at Walmart... ht[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Completely agree... the Gamorrean is going to be i[…]

https://i.imgur.com/3uy9lk6.jpg https://i.imgu[…]

Community fodder box...

Here is everything I forgot to include. I'm OK[…]

Your customs put the company to shame. No excuse f[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

That is super cool! I have several of the NECA fi[…]

Thank you all! It's been fun doing these figures. […]

HOMEWORLD RETURN TO HIIGARA - Part 4

This is absolutely fantastic work! I LOVE the Home[…]