Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Jayson
Here are the answers (which were due back to us Monday, Aug. 3) to questions sent in back on July 2.

Q1: Images have shown up online giving us a glimpse at the new Slave Leia and her interchangeable leg accessory allowing her to sit by Jabba's side. The execution looks great and I think this is an excellent way to create a scene specific figure and it also give collectors more options on how we display our figures. Are there any other plans for an accessory of this type (legs or arms) to be used with other figures? The first one that comes to mind is the possibility of creating a true "Kneeling Darth Vader" as seen in The Empire Strike Back during his communications with the Emperor. It would give us (collectors) a new take on the Dark Lord while keeping a top tier character like Vader available to kids.

A1) The reaction does seem to be extremely positive to the new version of Slave Leia and was pretty much the main reason for wanting to do a new, "ultimate" version of her.  While we don't have any additional figures planned with swappable torsos, it does give us encouragement that such features would be welcome for the right character.  Your suggestion about Vader is interesting, although we think that the super-articulated Vader (also included in the Disturbance in the Force set last year) can already achieve this pose, albeit with a turned boot versus a toe to the ground.

====================================

Q2: Hey Hasbro, any chance of seeing a Blurrg in the deluxe or battlepack line from the Clone Wars 3-part storyline that takes place on Ryloth? Blurrgs have been seen in the Clone Wars cartoon, video games, and even the made-for-tv Ewok movie! See image attached...

A2) It's unlikely we'll do one, unless they show up again in future episodes of Clone Wars.

====================================

Q3: Dear Hasbro, there has been some confusion in regards to the second version of the Ugnaught to be released later this year. Will he include the same accessories as the first run Ugnaught or might he have a different pack-in? How about a repainted version of the Han in Carbonite block without the thawing effect? I think the inclusion of this accessory would be advantageous from a cost standpoint as there is no new tooling, it gives a "new" version of an existing "core" character and it's slim enough to fit in the new form factor packaging. What say you?

A3) The second version of the Ugnaught will include the exact same accessory as the first one.  The carbonite Han is a very interesting suggestion, but is too late to actually impact the production at this point.
By darth_sidious
GREAT questions this round - if only the answers they gave us were a bit more to look forward to! haha At least it answered some issues we were wondering about...

Looks like we have an answer about Barriss Offee as well (better news):

Rebelscum: A new Barriss Offee...how about it?

Hasbro: We agree she is long overdue in the Legacy lineup. Within the next couple of years there is an outstanding chance of seeing her either in basic figures or an exclusive.
By Captain Pierce
darth_sidious wrote:Looks like we have an answer about Barriss Offee as well (better news):

Rebelscum: A new Barriss Offee...how about it?

Hasbro: We agree she is long overdue in the Legacy lineup. Within the next couple of years there is an outstanding chance of seeing her either in basic figures or an exclusive.

Awesome info!
By Paulskywalker
She is in Yakface/Hasbro top 30 choices, should it be adjusted like it was with CW's Sing?
By YAK_Jayson
Paulskywalker wrote:She is in Yakface/Hasbro top 30 choices, should it be adjusted like it was with CW's Sing?

Nope, she's staying. There's a good chance that many of our (and others) figures are candidates for release and we just don't know it yet. I say that if they receive a lot of submissions/votes asking for her, she'll be put on the fast track for production and come sooner rather than later, hopefully as a basic figure release as to avoid the higher price exclusives tend to command these days.
By YAK_Chewie
I think those were some great questions, and here's to hoping that the Blurrg shows up in the animated series again - would love to see them make that creature. Only problem is, I'd much rather see it in the realistic style than animated, though I would absolutely buy it either way.

You know, if they put one in a battle pack with a clone on it, I can't imagine it collecting dust. It would sell like crazy. Especially if they could cost out adding in that Twi'lek in the pic below. How cool that would be.

:wink:
By Captain Pierce
YAK_Chewie wrote:
You know, if they put one in a battle pack with a clone on it, I can't imagine it collecting dust. It would sell like crazy. Especially if they could cost out adding in that Twi'lek in the pic below. How cool that would be.

:wink:

That would be an awesome battle pack but it would be much better in realistic style but cool either way! :mrgreen:

All troops will debark for Christmas assault. Prep[…]

Ewok Love

I loved the movie Battle for Endor, fond memories […]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Utinniii : Awesome group of maintenance droids[…]

HasLab Wish list

I'm afraid subscription figures would be at least […]

CHEWIE's customs - 2.0 - Updated 09.28.18

Pretty cool take on Beckett! 8) I think my favo[…]

Hmm I never picked up on that. Maybe he started a[…]

I hate hearing about putting dogs down. My dog is[…]

Battle of Crait 4-pk