Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Jayson
Here are the answers to questions submitted back on 10/2/09:

Q1: In light of the recent purge of peg warming Legacy figures by Hasbro reps, do you have similar plans for the comic pack line? In my area, many of the stores I frequent (Target, Wal-mart, Toys"R"Us) are sitting on several of each of the following sets - Darth Talon/Cade Skywalker, Antares Draco/Ganner Krieg, Fenn Shysa/Dengar, Princess Leia/Tobbi Dala just to name a few. I'm afraid that these sets are choking up the pegs and preventing the newest releases from appearing or being ordered by the retailers. Any plans for recalling these to allow for some fresh product grace our aisles before the holiday rush?

A1: We will not be doing a similar pullback with the comic packs.  Based on national sales data, a couple of those packs are very popular elsewhere and are not an issue, so you might be having a local pocket where there are not a lot of collectors to scoop up the extras.  That has been the issue with the comic packs overall - a little but left of many issues which adds up to a chunk of packs that are slow to move off the pegs. We're hopeful the holidays will help clear it up a bit so we can get to our Spring figures.

================================================================================
Q2: It is quite obvious that Season 2 of The Clone Wars is going to be chock full of potential character and vehicle merchandise for months to come. Also obvious is the prominence the various bounty hunters in Cad Bane's posse (Bossk, Aurra Sing, Cato Parasitti etc.) will play initially in the series. My questions are will we see an all-bounty hunter themed wave in 2010 or will you be spreading out the various hired guns over the course of the year in different waves? Will we see Cad Bane's Xanadu Blood (a repaint of the Magnaguard Fighter) in the starfighter assortment in early 2010?

A2: You will see the bounty hunters phase in at different times into the lineup, rather than as one big wave.  And yes, look for Cad Bane's ship in the Starfighter lineup sometime early next year.

================================================================================

Q3: After recently acquiring the Legacy Collection's ROTJ wave, I must say that this is a great overall assortment as most of the figures are spot on in terms of being true to their on-screen appearances. That brings us to the DSII Luke Skywalker. Although this version is far and away the best attempt thus far, he seems to be missing the belt that was present on the TLC BD2 "Sandstorm" Luke. He was clearly seen wearing it during the epic duel so was this a factory oversight and is there any plan to correct/improve this figure further either through a running change or a separate release?  Finally, there is one more major version of Luke to be released wearing this particular outfit - are there plans offer one with snap-on Sith Lightning depicting one of the most pivotal scenes in the entire Star Wars saga?

A3: We do not have plans to update this Luke figure for this run.  That's an interesting suggestion for a snap-on accessory; it could make an interesting future release.  Thanks for the suggestion.
By YAK_Chewie
I hope they're right about the comic packs this Christmas season... but what is odd, is that in my neck of the woods, TRU and Target don't have many on the pegs (combining 2 TRU and 5 Target stores). Wal-Mart is slammed with them, but it's mostly their exclusives.

Regarding Cad Bane's ship, glad to see it's coming. Kind of a no brainer for Hasbro since it's just a repaint... speaking of Cad Bane, the animated one is so bad in my opinion that I need to get to work on a custom version of my own in the realistic style.

:wink:
By Paulskywalker
Looking at some of the answers about pricing and BP contents on other answers i believe Hasbro don't care what we think and just give us lip service most of the time, actually the only time they listen is if there is an idea we suggest that is a sure thing to make them money.
Yakfinities #71 - ideas phase

So far, I think I would vote for either Desert (Fi[…]

Bodhi Rook is the only one that I hope they make. […]

1 K-2SO 2 Chirrut Imwe 3 Baze Malbus 4 Bodhi Rook […]

Wow! Looks great by far, I'm anticipating the fina[…]

Triple Zero looks great - really cool. Thanks![…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

0-0-0.JPG 0-0-0 (Doctor Aphra comics) 0-0-0, o[…]

Determine the final spot for The Black Series: The[…]

Results! 01. Paige Tico 02. Lt. Kaydel Ko Connix […]