#76: The Answers 12/10/09

Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

#76: The Answers 12/10/09

Postby YAK_Jayson » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Here are the answers to the questions submitted back on 11/13/09

Q1: With the new season of The Clone Wars in full swing and the recent airing of the action packed and merchandise laden episode "Landing at Point Rain", a few questions have come to bear. Will we in fact see a red version of the Y-wing Bomber and if so, will it be in 2010? Also, speaking of repaints/reissues, might we see a return of the Geonosian fighter due to it's prominence in this Geonosis battle story arc?

A1: We do not have a redeco of the Y-Wing planned since we still have a large number of the (first) yellow ones to get through.  There are no plans to release the Geonosian fighter, but we like the bugs too and if they continue to play a big role we would not rule out a return.

===============================

Q2: Dear Hasbro, I have a couple of questions regarding the new Clone Commander Cody (BD44) from the Legacy Collection. First off, from the articulation to the deco - what a marked improvement over the previous version - although there is one slight problem. Despite the figure's overall accuracy there is one familiar malady from which it suffers - he has been assembled with the belt upside down. On a plain clone trooper this oversight is generally looked past, but on this figure it causes 2 problems:

A.) the yellow and gray ammo pouches end up being on the wrong side of the body
B.) the Obi-Wan's lightsaber hilt is carried on the wrong hip (note: the figure on Cody's card back is assembled correctly)

Is there any chance that this manufacturing/assembly error will be corrected before the end of its production run? Oh, and one more thing... Now that Cody has a more subdued orange coloration, would it be possible to reissue his Utapau clone troopers (TSC-026) with this matching color as the previous version's paint is practically fluorescent orange in comparison.  Cody needs his troopers to coordinate!

A2: Unfortunately, the entire production run of Cody had finished before we became of aware of the belt error and there was no chance to make a correction.   We do not have a Cody re-release planned, but if and when we do, we will make the correction.  We are working on getting Cody's troopers back out there and will look to match to Cody's exact colors.

===============================

Q3: Since their reveal at SDCC, collectors who missed out on acquiring all of carded TAC McQuarrie Concept figures were overjoyed at being able to fill those holes with additions of the McQuarrie Signature Series boxed sets to their collections. Now that they have been released, those same collectors are in a state of disappointment as many of the accessories have been left out, leaving Jedi without the lightsabers, holsters without blasters to fill them and alternate head sculpts to never be displayed. What is the reasoning behind the short change considering the missing parts exist? Was it a costing issue? If so, why then were some of the figures repainted slightly from their original releases?

A3: The paint differences were not deliberate.  Nowadays, when we re-release figures, the factories have to create all new spray masks for figures if the figure has been out of production (as all of the McQuarrie figures had been).  As such, some differences, even if subtle, resulted.  This was not intentional.  Regarding the accessories, we are baffled ourselves as to why these were left out as the intention to was re-release the McQuarrie figures exactly as they were originally released. However, at this point there is nothing we can do, since we did not indicate on package that they come with anything beyond what is shown in package.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Re: #76: The Answers 12/10/09

Postby MistaBinks » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:43 pm

Clear cut answers but probably not what everybody wanted to hear.
Stand Up To Cancer.
MistaBinks
Forum Admin

Postby darthmadonna » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:02 pm

YAK_Jayson wrote:we still have a large number of the (first) yellow ones to get through.  

Well maybe if there were not 65-75 dollar black Arc fighters everywhere instead of the Ywing...........

There are no plans to release the Geonosian fighter, but we like the bugs too and if they continue to play a big role we would not rule out a return.

The last 4 episodes I think they played a big role. It was pretty action packed and dramatic. I just do not understand why they are dragging their feet on this fighter.

Unfortunately, the entire production run of Cody had finished before we became of aware of the belt error and there was no chance to make a correction.

Another we do not know what happened at the factory but we did it catch , unfortunately only after it was too late.

we are baffled ourselves as to why these were left out as the intention to was re-release the McQuarrie figures exactly as they were originally released.

AGAIN??? seriously what is up with them? It seems all their excuses lead to factory error. I mean come on can they not control this stuff or did they lay off the folks who took care of these details?
darthmadonna
Bounty Hunter

Postby Morpheus282 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Either QC has went on permanent vacation, or someone's been watching too much Monty Python
Morpheus282
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:53 pm

"we are baffled ourselves as to why these were left out"

This line is such a sign of the quality of management and organisation at Hasbro.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby darth_sidious » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:23 pm

I agree, the answer to the last question really shows a lack of oversight - they should know whats being shipped from the factory and give final approval before it hits retail. Many of the issues that collectors bring up in the Q&A could easily be resolved if someone was watching over the product details before the factory starts cranking them out.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby Darth Kikinou » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 pm

It's a load of bunk is what it is. They know exactly what they're doing. After all, was there a slot in the PVC piece holding concept Boba for his alternate helmet? Mind you the only "winners" from such an "oversight" are the collectors who have the carded version as the price on the secondary market for these is preserved now, whereas their value would have dropped like bricks otherwise.

Anyway, I still have a lot of love for the big H, I just wish that one day y'all will submit my questions about ship weathering!! :-(
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.photonovelalliance.com
The Guardians of Peace and Justice
Episode iii: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby darthmadonna » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Darth Kikinou wrote:I just wish that one day y'all will submit my questions about ship weathering!! :-(

This is one feature that I really do miss! I mean the Torrent fighter would have looked so awesome with some weathering and the Clone tank not to mention the Y-wing. I am tired of shiny new cartoon looking ships when clearly by the box artwork they are meant to have battle scars.
darthmadonna
Bounty Hunter

Postby YAK_Den » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:44 pm

I have to agree with you all! This is disturbing that quality control is basically absent especially given the higher price point we are paying for these figures now. Though this is their answer it is not one you should admit or be ok with. This is silly and deserves action. Hasbro needs to get on it.
YAK_Den
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 am

I liked that Hasbro addressed the Utapau clone coloring scheme... hope they can get those troops back out with more accurate orange armor markings.

As for they saying they have more yellow Y-Wings... really? I did not know there were different ones, I guess I pay so little attention to the cartoon that I don't know or really care. But, if they did re-release it with weathering like Darth Kikinou and darthmadonna already do want to see, I'd probably buy it (passed on the clean one).

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:58 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:As for they saying they have more yellow Y-Wings... really? I did not know there were different ones

It was my understanding they mean't they had lots of stock still, which has made me think lately with comments thet have made and the shear quantiy or waves like Oragana ROTS wave, has their been a mistake in numbers produced and has been some big internal cock up?
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:50 am

Ah, you're right - I misread the comment. Long night last evening, I saw "Star Wars in Concert" in St. Louis - excellent stuff. I'll be posting some pics soon on that.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:13 am

I thin answer ro question #3 is VERY lame. These things sell for good money and they should've contained all the accessories :x
Che la forza è con voi
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 am

Agreed... Hasbro's poor management as of late surfaces again even in their own responses.

I wonder if they're also baffled that for every Legacy figure collectors find at retail, there's dozens of Clone Wars and Legends warming pegs?

What else baffles Hasbro these days? Hmmm???

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:34 am

Isn't that guy wo ruined the Gi Joe line first time round, in charge of SW these days? is it Depriest?
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Next

Return to Hasbro/Yakface Q&A