#77: The Answers 12/21/09

Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

#77: The Answers 12/21/09

Postby YAK_Jayson » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:14 pm

On behalf of the Star Wars team, we want to thank all of the Star Wars collector-fan media, and all of the fans, who have shown tremendous support for Hasbro’s Star Wars lineup this year. We hope that you have found delight in playing with your toys, just like we have in working to bring them to you this past year. In addition, the tremendous work that all of the fans and sites have done to deliver another great Fans’ Choice poll will result in not one, but many great inspiration for years to come.

We have a lot of excitement in store for next year, and we think 2010 is going to shape up to be one of the most exciting years ever for fans of Hasbro Star Wars. With the 30th Anniversary of Empire Strikes Back to celebrate, we think it’s going to be a big year as well. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Here are the answers to the questions submitted on 12/4/09:

Q1: SInce the Build-A-Droid/Droid Factory concept is coming to an end in 2010, what can collectors expect to see in terms of the next pack-in? Will there still be a new "bonus item", will we see a return of the figure bases or will extras like this be dropped altogether in favor of controlling costs?

A1: It's too early to talk about what may replace the Legacy line. Details on the new Fall 2010 lineup (including basic figures) will be made available in a couple months at Toy Fair. Stay tuned!

=============

Q2: With the demise of the comic packs and the focus shifting away from the Expanded Universe (EU) sources toward more "core" Original Trilogy and Clone Wars sources for 2010 will that shift also mean less "Concept Art" type characters in the basic figure line too? (Hopefully not as many consider these some of the best figures in the entire line.)

A2: Yes, it means that there will be a shift in focus away from the concept art-inspired figures. Our team has a lot of heart for the concept figures, as you can probably tell since we are up to 17 or so concept figures as of last count. However, 2010 and for the most part 2011 will be a year of focus on the movies for the basic figure lineup. We have some great things on tap and can't wait to give fans a sneak peek in a couple months.

=============

Q3: Some friends and I were throwing around our own "OT wishlists" the other day and we were wagering a few credits (read: cold beverages) on whether or not some are/were in the "parking lot" of upcoming soon-to-be released figures. Without been specific of course, care to give a count as to the ones "on the list"?

ANH
Princess Leia (Ceremonial)
Cantina Band Member
Grand Moff Tarkin

ESB
Luke Skywalker (Hoth Gear)
Leia Organa (Hoth Gear)
Dengar

ROTJ
Admiral Ackbar
EV-9D9
Saelt Marae ; )

A3: You are batting .333 for figures in the lineup, which at this point extends through 2011. Or would that make you .167?
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Re: #77: The Answers 12/21/09

Postby darthmadonna » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 am

Sorry but I am not getting or understanding the answer to the last question. I do not get the batting part how do we get a fraction of a number? So are they saying they are not considering any of the figures listed. I must sau the ones listed are ones I would reallt like to see. So in true as of late Hasbro tradition they seem to be bursting my bubble.
darthmadonna
Bounty Hunter

Postby rosemaster » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:35 am

They are saying that 1/3 (3 of the 9) figures listed will be made. That is the .3333. They will be spread over the next two years, so they divided by 2 and said .1667 per year (which is just being cute because you can't have 1 1/2 figures each year). Apparently 3 of the 9 possibilities listed will be made - 2 in one year and 1 in the other of 2010 and 2011.
rosemaster
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:06 am

How much do you want to bet that there will be no pack-in next year but the price will go up, and thats why they don't want to comment now on something like that because they know we won't be happy.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby darth_sidious » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:10 am

Paulskywalker wrote:How much do you want to bet that there will be no pack-in next year but the price will go up, and thats why they don't want to comment now on something like that because they know we won't be happy.

I have a feeling there wont be a pack-in either, but I dont think they'll try to increase the price - they know many collectors ditched the hobby over price so I think they might be scaling back to ensure the price doesnt go up for a couple years, because Hasbro might be at the point where they realize anymore increases could kill the collector base even more.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby stroebel83 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:27 am

so i am reading this as rereleases and slight variation with a chance of a few extra joints
"From Endor to Hoth/ Ripley to Spock
I'll find what you want/ But there's gonna be a cost
See, my name is Boba Fett/ I know my [shots are] tight
Start not actin'right/ You're frozen in carbonite"
MC Chris "Fett's Vette"
stroebel83
Bounty Hunter

Postby TK1945 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:45 am

The pack ins can be nice, but I'm happy to just have a figure with detailed accessories. I like my figures simple like in the old days, small bubble and one or two weapons or gear.
TK1945
Midi-Chlorian

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:53 am

Yeah, I'm very curious as to whether or not we'll see a pack-in in 2010 or not. If they don't, I'd hope somehow we'd see a bit of a price drop... just .50 cheaper helps. Doesn't seem like much for single purchases, but if you buy a ton of figures each year it definitely adds up. I also doubt a price increase. If there is one, I will continue to buy less this year. Price increases have become my biggest issue with the hobby.

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby mercuryartstudios » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:41 am

hey there when will the next q&a be? i have several questions regarding a couple of ships i have been quite fond of for sometime that i would love to see created and some other stuff as well.

i mean dont get me wrong all the clone ships are beyond RAD! but wouldnt we like to see some newer stuff like perhaps, NEW SCALE SIZE GUNGAN SHIP like the one obi wan jar jar and quigon get into in ep1? or how about the mynock from the legacy comics? i mean they are making cade skywalker crew well lets make a ship!!! would be awesome!! perhaps some new speeders like citizen speeders as seen in the AOTC chase sequence through coruscant or an upgraded version of the pod racers and some new addtional pod racers, we got those funky alien pod racer pilots and no SHIPS?? WTF? i mean they could seriously tag some of that stuff down.

god i wish they would hire me!! i would sit and write ideas down all day and ask for suggestions from our beloved forums and BAM!! put them under development. oh well maybe one they will listen to our begging and pleas.
mercuryartstudios

Postby CloneLCaptain38 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:38 pm

The one figure from The Phantom Menace that I have noticed not produced yet is the yellow dress handmaidens. Will Hasbro ever consider making these, or have they made them, and I just aren't aware of them being made? Perhaps somebody can throw this question to Hasbro in the next Q&A. Thanks.

CloneLCaptain38
Midi-Chlorian

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:35 pm

Those yellow ones haven't been made yet. I doubt they're high on Hasbro's list, but I'd like to see them made too.... they should revisit that red outfit guard while they're at it too. :)

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby mercuryartstudios » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Those would really be kick ass!! they really should focus on low-level characters from the pre-quels they did great as far as the rots aotc lines but they should really revisit several indeed and i hope those yellow dress handmaidens get made one day.
mercuryartstudios

Postby CloneLCaptain38 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Hopefully somebody can throw that question out to Hasbro in a future Q&A or at Toy Fair. What about the characters in that scene that Ben Burtt and Rick McCallum portryed? Hasbro should consider those too, perhaps as an exclusive, mail-away premium, or just throw them all in a Battle Pack scene.

For those who want to make a realistic looking diorama of this particular scene, those characters should be made by Hasbro, so everybody can get them. I am hoping those yellow dressed handmaidens are made within the next year. They would definitely kick ass.
CloneLCaptain38
Midi-Chlorian

Return to Hasbro/Yakface Q&A