#79: The Answers 2/22/10

Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

#79: The Answers 2/22/10

Postby YAK_Jayson » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Here are the answers to the question submitted back on 2/5/2010.

Q1: With the confirmation of the return of the Vintage line look, I was curious to know if the Power of the Force (1984-1985) style card back will be represented as well - making a great catch-all for OT and PT figures alike?

A1: The coins will not be making a return to the lineup any time soon, and in our viewpoint, the PotF design should come complete with coins. So that version is very far off in the future right now. As it is, we will be doing all of the prequel and future EU figures (such as Bastila Shan) on the current vintage card design.

=====================================================

Q2: There are bound to be several questions asked regarding the shocker of the last Legacy EU wave (wave 13) being set as a Toys"R"Us / online exclusve. With that troublesome news, what can be said about the production run for those figures. Were they produced in the same volume as prior waves or was there a shorter production run done to avoid costly over-stock now that the TLC line is no more?

A2: Most all of the red/white Legacy Droid Factory waves have been produced in lower production volumes than in previous years in order to make sure that figures don't slow up and we can bring the next waves in. Still, despite the lower production, we have still had difficulties with getting waves to flow evenly. The EU wave will be produced in a volume similar to that of the EpII wave that came out at the end of the blue/white Legacy Droid Factory run last Spring, making it the red/white wave with the shortest production run.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Re: #79: The Answers 2/22/10

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:24 am

Shortest production run eh? I guess that was to be expected. I don't know if they really answered that question though with a clear answer as to how much hard this wave will be to score at TRU.

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby wedgered2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:39 am

Since when is Wave 13 TRU online only? Entertainment Earth is still taking orders.

Is it possible you are confusing the Force Unleashed sets as now being online only?
wedgered2
Midi-Chlorian

Postby YAK_Jayson » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:22 am

wedgered2 wrote:Since when is Wave 13 TRU online only? Entertainment Earth is still taking orders.

Is it possible you are confusing the Force Unleashed sets as now being online only?

No, Hasbro confirmed in a previous QnA that the EU wave of basic figure is going to be sold initially through TRU as and exclusive and if stock lasts, orders will then be filled with online retailers like Entertainment Earth.

Entertainment Earth is still taking orders in hopes they are filled, if not, the pre-orders will be cancelled.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby zedhatch » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:14 pm

I keep thinking of "Gansta's Paradise" with a slight lyrical change to "Scalper's Paradise."

Stupid Hasbro.
Updated Mon-Fri every week
zedhatch

Postby darth_sidious » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 pm

The AOTC Legacy wave on blue cards wasnt that easy to find, but it did show up. The thing about the EU wave is that ALL the stock will be showing up at one store, so instead of distributing cases to multiple retailers, they are all going to one location - so while they may have a shorter run, chances are we will see more cases at each TRU. I'm being optimistic at this point. :wink:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm being optimistic as well, or at least trying to. I would *think* that each TRU would get in at least a dozen cases - but when each new figure is just one per case, that could create a huge problem. Supply just won't meet demand unless they ship the living crap out of this wave... which is probably the best wave of the entire Legacy run in my opinion. Really, what freaking shame this entire thing is. Why Hasbro has to make the coolest figures show up in the last wave of a run like this really is astonishing... this reminds me of the end of the POTF2 line with the EU and Commtech waves, both of which were a royal pain to get and had outstanding figures.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby Grimace » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:04 pm

I'm hoping that TRU will have the figures available for ordering on the website

the decision by Hasbro to make an entire wave exclusive to one store is astonishing and stupid
the secondary markets for these figures will be robust I bet
99%
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:11 pm

What sucks even more is half the wave is repacks (unless they change it up somehow).

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby Grimace » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:What sucks even more is half the wave is repacks (unless they change it up somehow).

I've noticed that too
one person can buy all the new stuff if he gets there at the right time, and leave all the old product behind the new shipment of old product
if a case holds 12 figures and a wave has 6 new figures, why not pack 2 of each new figure in the case?
the pegs here are loaded with older figures and the new ones are totally hit or miss
I think almost everyone who wants the older figures already has it
there's no need to have 10 Anakin and 10 Obi Wan on the pegs at every store
99%
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Kalas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:28 pm

what the when did they do this i preordered that quiet a while ago
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Kalas
Scavenger

Postby darth_sidious » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:15 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:I'm being optimistic as well, or at least trying to. I would *think* that each TRU would get in at least a dozen cases - but when each new figure is just one per case, that could create a huge problem. Supply just won't meet demand unless they ship the living crap out of this wave... which is probably the best wave of the entire Legacy run in my opinion. Really, what freaking shame this entire thing is. Why Hasbro has to make the coolest figures show up in the last wave of a run like this really is astonishing... this reminds me of the end of the POTF2 line with the EU and Commtech waves, both of which were a royal pain to get and had outstanding figures.

I think because of the drop in sales for comic packs, exclusives, and the Legacy wave itself made Hasbro shift this wave into an exclusive. Comic packs and many exclusives are made up almost entirely of EU figures, and I think Hasbro knows they flooded us with them in the past few years. If Hasbro realized that the EU wave contains EU figures that are actually in high demand, compared to some of the comic pack choices, perhaps they wouldnt have made it exclusive.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Return to Hasbro/Yakface Q&A