#81: The Answers 4/08/10

Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

#81: The Answers 4/08/10

Postby YAK_Jayson » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 am

Here are the answers to the questions submitted on 3/19/2010:

Q1: By the time this question is answered, many collectors will have started finding the final wave of Clone Wars figures in the Red/White packaging consisting of Cold Weather Gear Obi-Wan, Cold Assault Gear Captain Rex, MagnaGuard and the Firefighter Droid. Sadly, we have also found that Cad Bane in Clone Trooper Disguise was dropped from this wave as evidence by the sticker covering him up on the back of the packaging. Can you explain his removal from this wave and what future wave we might find him. Also, an interesting thing about this particular wave is that you've decided to create an all-new Cold Weather Gear Obi-Wan rather than recasting the existing Cold Weather Anakin body. In these days of trying to save tooling dollars, why devote precious resources in such a way?

A1: Cad Bane in Clone Outfit will reappear at some point, but the details are going to remain under wraps. We advise folks to keep their eyes opened later this Fall. As for the bodies, we are actually running Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time and needed extra capacity, hence the second body sculpt.

==================================================================================================

Q2) Rumors are swirling of a new Oola being offered as a pack in for the new Jabba the Hutt battle pack, I for one surely welcome the idea. Hypothetically, if that is the case, would/could she be in a reclining sculpt similar to the recent Slave Leia or do you plan on offering a fully ambulatory sculpt? If not, what if you had a the reclining version as the battle pack pack-in and then offered a fully articulated one in the basic "Vintage" line later down the road as you'd already have a completed sculpt for the head, arms and torso? Also regarding the Jabba Battle Pack, would it be out of the question to throw in one or two of those court denizens from the 2004 Ultra/Deluxe Saga pack namely Bubo and/or Wol Cabasshitte? Jabba needs his buddies!

A2: You are right in that a new Oola is coming with Jabba. However, this was an expensive pack for us to produce so we concentrated on a new nicely articulated Oola, but no secondary sculpts or other accessories could be put in. We know you'll enjoy the end result - we think it's fantastic and well worth the wait.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Re: #81: The Answers 4/08/10

Postby Grimace » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:05 am

that answer to the Jabba/Oola question has me worried that the dias wont be included in the pack

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear that we will either get nothing or the same rail and waterpipe that we've seen twice before already

I'm sorry, but the Cad Bane question seemed like a wasted slot to me
99%
Grimace
Force Sensitive

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:20 am

Yeah, doesn't sound like we're getting the dais... bummer. Looking forward to the new Jabba though and Oola. Can't wait to see some sort of pics. Shame that Hasbro couldn't give us some sort of treat there.

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:05 pm

The dais is included, just wait, it has to, right?, right? right? :cry: :cry:
Che la forza è con voi
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby YAK_Jayson » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:12 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Yeah, doesn't sound like we're getting the dais... bummer. Looking forward to the new Jabba though and Oola. Can't wait to see some sort of pics. Shame that Hasbro couldn't give us some sort of treat there.

I'm not sure I read it that way. I think when they said secondary sculpts or accessories they might have been referring to the inquiry about the extra court denizens. I would consider the dais a primary accessory in this case. But who knows, I've been wrong before.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:45 pm

They did say the dias was coming in a previous Q&A BUT THAT DON'T MEAN I THING SOMETIMES WITH hASBRO.
Can no longer remember the feeling of buying a Hasrbo SW figure.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:26 pm

YAK_Jayson wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:Yeah, doesn't sound like we're getting the dais... bummer. Looking forward to the new Jabba though and Oola. Can't wait to see some sort of pics. Shame that Hasbro couldn't give us some sort of treat there.

I'm not sure I read it that way. I think when they said secondary sculpts or accessories they might have been referring to the inquiry about the extra court denizens. I would consider the dais a primary accessory in this case. But who knows, I've been wrong before.

I certainly hope you're right... but I just don't know though with Hasbro anymore. I could see this being like the Wal-Mart Dewback set - came with the creature and a Sandtrooper, and this would come with Jabba and Oola only.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby Trooper31 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:51 am

I really hope the dais comes with it. If it doesn't then it will just add to the never ending downward spiral of collectors not buying this because it's not complete, saying they'll get it when it's complete, exclusive selling poorly, Hasbro shelving any future plans for a dais.

Hasbro has made many changes to things they said just a couple of Q&As ago, so I won't consider the dais as official until we see pics of this thing packed. I really hope Hasbro listens to collectors on this and inclusde the dais. I understand the price point is a problem when including extras, but for a new Jabba and a new Oola, I think Hasbro needs to go all out and include the dais. Most collectors will buy this if they do it right. If they skimp, then a lot of people will wait for it to clearance.
Trooper31
Moisture Farmer

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:36 am

Trooper31 wrote:I really hope the dais comes with it. If it doesn't then it will just add to the never ending downward spiral of collectors not buying this because it's not complete, saying they'll get it when it's complete, exclusive selling poorly, Hasbro shelving any future plans for a dais.

Hasbro has made many changes to things they said just a couple of Q&As ago, so I won't consider the dais as official until we see pics of this thing packed. I really hope Hasbro listens to collectors on this and inclusde the dais. I understand the price point is a problem when including extras, but for a new Jabba and a new Oola, I think Hasbro needs to go all out and include the dais. Most collectors will buy this if they do it right. If they skimp, then a lot of people will wait for it to clearance.

Very well said. I hope Hasbro is reading this.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby Diddly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:37 pm

I'd rather have the Dias than a pack-in Oola.
Diddly
Cantina Bartender

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:13 pm

That's a good point... not sure which I'd rather have? I think a dais like you said... then Oola on a regular card later.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby Grimace » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 am

Oola would be perfect on a vintage style card

the dias is much more important to have
I don't care if it comes with the little compartment underneath like the vintage one has
I just want the dias
99%
Grimace
Force Sensitive

Return to Hasbro/Yakface Q&A