#86: The Answers 11/22/10

Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

#86: The Answers 11/22/10

Postby YAK_Jayson » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Q1: By now you have read the horror stories regarding the arrival of the Mailaway Boba Fett at collectors' homes in various stages of damage from completely crushed to having the bubble fall off the card. Have these issues been address internally and can we expect a change up in how the mailaway promos are handled in the future in terms of protection and distribution?

A1: Yes, there will be changes. We have started shipping Boba Fetts in a white mailer outer box for extra protection, and this will influence the way we handle mail-ins in the future.

============================================================

Q2: What has happened with Clone Wars Commander Jet? We have seen carded pictures of the rest of the figures in the wave, yet none of him. Also, the pre-orders online do not show him in the case assortment for Wave 5 or 6. Is he going to be delayed like the Cad Bane in Disguise was? Also regarding the CW line, My son LOVES the Clone Wars figures and new Galactic Battle Game for his growing collection, plus it's a way for us to enjoy Star Wars together as a family. He does have one complaint though. He wants the battle cards that come with many of the figures he already owns (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Count Dooku, Grievous, clones etc.) With budgets as tight as they are these days, is there any chance that you can make available via booster packs or online download (pdf) cards for figures we, and many collectors, already own? Helps us Hasbro, you're my son's only hope.

A2:We had production issues with Commander Jet, and he had to be bumped from the Fall waves. We're looking at slotting him back into the Spring at this point. As for the Galactic Battle Card Game, we're glad your son enjoys it. We talked about doing characters from previous waves, but deciced to just move forward since there is an almost neverending supply of characters from the past that we could do, and these cards actually take a big chunk of time to design. We're glad you guys are playing together as a family - that really gives us a smile knowing that we can help bring the generations of Star Wars fans together.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Re: #86: The Answers 11/22/10

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Not overly excited about either topic, but for those that wanted the Fett on a good card, that's good news... and for future mailaways as well (hopefully).

Regarding the game cards, that's odd that it takes a big chunk of time to design them. They have a set template, so what's so hard about that?

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:07 pm

I think Hasbro missed the point of the question. The goal was to get cards they have already produced for figures we already own so kids could get the CW Obi-Wan card without having to buy the CW Obi-Wan figure.

Just make them all available for download I say.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby Grimace » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:08 pm

I think Hasbro misses the point, period
99%
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby darth_sidious » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Good to have an answer on Jett, but I agree that they dont pay close enough attention when answering some of these questions - but providing PDF files of the cards is only extra work for them, so my guess is that they ignored it intentionally...
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby stroebel83 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:30 pm

YAK_Jayson wrote:I think Hasbro missed the point of the question. The goal was to get cards they have already produced for figures we already own so kids could get the CW Obi-Wan card without having to buy the CW Obi-Wan figure.

Just make them all available for download I say.

could we do that in the forum and just post scans of the cards?
"From Endor to Hoth/ Ripley to Spock
I'll find what you want/ But there's gonna be a cost
See, my name is Boba Fett/ I know my [shots are] tight
Start not actin'right/ You're frozen in carbonite"
MC Chris "Fett's Vette"
stroebel83
Bounty Hunter

Postby heybert17 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 am

Wonder how much the shipping will go up or how many more UPCs we will need to purchase from now on to offset the extra box to protect these FREE mailaway figures.
heybert17
Scavenger

Return to Hasbro/Yakface Q&A