Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By tenike1
I am picky and a beggar at the same time, so to speak. I'm not saying the women are all over me, but I don't want anybody. As a matter of fact, I find most women disgusting, especially americans. No, girls, not all of you are hot. Anyway, if I am not marrying and having a family with the woman I like, there's no chance in hell I am going through this process again with a different woman. No one is going to stop me from doing what I want. :twisted:
By Darth Kikinou
tenike1 wrote:I am picky and a beggar at the same time, so to speak. I'm not saying the women are all over me, but I don't want anybody. As a matter of fact, I find most women disgusting, especially americans. No, girls, not all of you are hot. Anyway, if I am not marrying and having a family with the woman I like, there's no chance in hell I am going through this process again with a different woman. No one is going to stop me from doing what I want. :twisted:

Amen to that brutha', better to be alone than to be in an unhappy relationship, I know that. You know what they say, too : "toys before hoes" :) Or is it "bros before hoes"? heh.
By tenike1
I'm not scraping the bottom of the barrel for women. There's only one person I would give up my collection for and that's it. I could care less if anybody else didn't like it or not because the chances are I am not even attracted to them or interested in them one damn bit.
By Darth Kikinou
tenike1 wrote:I'm not scraping the bottom of the barrel for women. There's only one person I would give up my collection for and that's it. I could care less if anybody else didn't like it or not because the chances are I am not even attracted to them or interested in them one damn bit.

Yea the worst thing you can do is start out a relationship with a big sacrifice that gives you a sense of entitlement which will lead to bitterness if things go downhill. On your match dot com profile you can mention your collection as one of your hobbies ;) there, up front, done, they've been warned :)
By tenike1
:(

I'm not looking for women...
By tenike1
Part II

Anakin Skywalker: It looks like the first robot arm that exploded under pressure is being included. This is great. They are making use of the ROTS head sculpt and the elbows and knees look to have ball articulation. I like everything except the yellow pants. Why didn't hasbro use the brown pants and accurate belt? I think they should have made the hair a bit longer too.

http://jediinsider.net/g/albums/CIV/Thu ... ro/016.jpg

Hermi: The hood isn't too baggy over his head in this picture. I think the soft goods look great. The ankles have ball articulation but the back may be too heavy. It looks like he is falling back on himself. I'm not too happy with the leg articulation here, it's too obvious! The crotch looks bad too.

http://jediinsider.net/g/albums/CIV/Thu ... ro/007.jpg

Darth Malak: There's not much to say about this other than it looks like utter poop. What is up with those eyes and the swivel arms? Sith Fire puts this to shame.

http://jediinsider.net/g/albums/CIV/Thu ... ro/015.jpg

Starkiller Hero: She looks more feminine now. She is so skinny, it looks like her body can't maintain her weight. Oh well.

http://jediinsider.net/g/albums/CIV/Thu ... ro/012.jpg

Roron Corobb: Does anybody else see why I hate swivel arms? They don't even stay connected! I hate when it looks like someone's arm is about to fall off. I don't like the ball neck either, you can see it under his head.

http://jediinsider.net/g/albums/CIV/Thu ... ro/009.jpg

Salacious: Lookin' good, baby.

http://jediinsider.net/g/albums/CIV/Thu ... ro/006.jpg

Yoda and Kybuck: The Kybuck needs its glasses, but Yoda is lookin' pretty good too! That wasn't expected.

http://jediinsider.net/g/albums/CIV/Thu ... ro/008.jpg

General Grievous: No arm articulation, huh? I don't really like the looks of this figure anyway. What a disappointment.

http://jediinsider.net/g/albums/CIV/Thu ... ro/013.jpg
By Darth Holmes
This whole wave blows if you ask me. Too much EU crap. Whats with the shirtless Anakin in yellow hot pants? :roll: Even the concept figure sucks. Easy pass on all these for me.
By YAK_Jayson
Wave 5 – My 2 Republic Credits....

CW Anakin Skywalker w/Tattoos
A decent figure for the most part, he got the right articulation, though no swivel wrist in the "good arm". The pant aren't the right color, shouldn't he have more of a mullet style hair cut here? And he appears to include the wrong hilt lightsaber! ARGH!!!

Yoda with Kybuck
As a huge Yoda fan I love this figure. Great sculpt and the expression is really emotive, I like it alot. As for the Kybuck, I think is was interpreted very well for the most part (aside from the missing blinders/glasses) what I am worried about though is its ability to stand unassisted. If you look at the photo (especially the one from JediInsider), you can see that it has been hot glued down to the base its on. So, I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Roron Corobb (Ithorian Jedi)
A great figure all around even with those swivel elbows. I'd totally poo-poo this figure if he had swivel shoulders as well. The ball-joint shoulders and swivel wrists should allow him to hold his saber with both hands. (A must for any Jedi obviously). Although I'm not thrilled with that gap between the swivel joint on his left arm, hopefully the tolerances will be tightened up during production.

Darth Malak (KOTOR)
Admittedly I know absolutely nothing about this figure; his origins, shoe size, favorite color, turn-ons and offs and I couldn't care less. He sure does look surprised. And that plastic cape is horseshit. Sith Fire better start making mold of his stuff, cuz I'd gladly by 50 of his version versus this abortion.

Darth Revan (Fan's Choice)
I sure didn't choose him. Looks cool though if your into EU, I'm not see above.

Qymaen Jai Sheelal (pre-Grievous form)
Great sculpt, I couldn't care less about what happened before Grievous was Grievous-ified though he'll make an excellent Cantina patron for me.

Concept Starkiller Hero "Leia"
I love it. But as you can tell. I'm an OT purist and it doesn't get much purer than pre-viz OT McQuarrie. Great sculpt, excellent female proportions (for my tastes) and she brandishes a lazersword. Hubba Hubba!

Hermi Odle
Another work of art! The best figure of the wave and Ephont Mon has a new brother. Great use of soft goods and well articulated to boot.

C-3PO w/Salacious Crumb
Obviously Salacious is the star here and a welcome update to the version that was included with the deluxe Amanaman. The C-3PO is your basic reissue with green booger/Jello/Crumb spuz deco. Nice to finally have but why not reuse the pegwarmer Endor version?
By tenike1
Whoops. Misread that. hasbro hotglues stuff all of the time at conventions. I don't think it needs anything to assist it to stand
Last edited by tenike1 on Thu May 24, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BrentS
I just ordered Wave 5 from New Force Comics... looks like a great wave.
By YAK_Chewie
I ordered a case from them the other day too. I have a feeling that with how things have been showing up at reatail this year so far, this could be a prtty hard wve to complete at first. Especially considering that there's so many figures packed at just one per case in it.

:wink:
By Rune Haako

Last edited by Rune Haako on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By The Professor
That photoshopped Anakin cardback photo looks plain funny.

However, all of the figures look great, or at least the ones I care about.
TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

I agree with Lance and Jodo here, that there is a […]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

Nice. That's a good strategy. Buy two so you can[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Your customs are great and your displays/dioramas […]

DarthSinister's Customs

These are terrific! SUPER scary! Right in time f[…]

There are so many awesome submissions this round. […]

Uncle Milton Star Wars Skulls

I know a guy that bought a box online. I think it[…]

They look great! I can't wait to see them finishe[…]