Image Image Image Image Image

The early drought of 2008

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

The early drought of 2008

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:03 pm

It seems like not too many people are scoring things since the week before Christmas... jsut wondering what everyone's thoughts are? Are you angry? Or glad for a break?

Thoughts?

:wink:
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:13 pm

I don't mind it, though in the past weeks, I've been purchasing the new comic packs and other things I previously passed over. All in all, I think I've spent the same as I would have if there when new waves of figs hitting :lol:
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Re: The early drought of 2008

Postby Darth Kikinou » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:16 pm

I would have expected there to have been reports of the ROTS wave hitting by now. At this rate we won't be seeing wave 3 till June.
Theo Zissou
Mandalorian

Postby Theo Zissou » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:19 pm

yep not to much of a score for me at all in stores. i've found the first 4 mighty muggs which was cool. no new basic figures in awhile though. It has given me a little time to catch up on what i missed last year. only missing 3 now i think. most years i would let figures go that i missed unless it was a really cool one, but i feel like i have to complete that coin album. lol.

hopefully we start to see some new product in a week or two. last year TAC took forever to get going.
“I don’t think it’s really fair for me to be on a jury because I can read thoughts.”

Liz Lemon-30 Rock http://www.30rockquotes.net/

http://theozissou.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/TheoZissou
Rune Haako
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby Rune Haako » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm still suffering from the 2007 drought.
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:33 pm

The only ones I still need from 2007 are fireside Padme, Pax Bonkik, clone teenager (multiple), and a second Jango. Anybody looking to unload loose extras? :)
TradeFederationSympathy
Pod Racer

Postby TradeFederationSympathy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:17 pm

Darth Kikinou wrote:The only ones I still need from 2007 are fireside Padme, Pax Bonkik, clone teenager (multiple), and a second Jango. Anybody looking to unload loose extras? :)

Can you not find these figures? Those seem to be the peg warmers in my area. I got lucky and scored a McRebel last night, best find of all year I'd say.
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:29 am

TradeFederationSympathy wrote:
Darth Kikinou wrote:The only ones I still need from 2007 are fireside Padme, Pax Bonkik, clone teenager (multiple), and a second Jango. Anybody looking to unload loose extras? :)

My area tends to be among the worse off areas, being a large metropolitan area with many a scalper pouncing on the stores as they open. I don't know why I even bother ever checking, there's never anything good.
Spearhead24
Scavenger

Postby Spearhead24 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:47 am

I'm rather glad for a break - bought quite a lot of stuff around new year's day and now my car needs a repair. :(
"Go your way. Seek rightful balance. Learn to appreciate what you are given." - Master Zao
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:33 pm

I think I'm a bit glad for the break too... Christmas was expensive, and I bought quite a few of the new Walmart comic packs already, which was like finding a new wave of regular figures and buying multiples... but soon, SMACK! We're going to get hit with Waves 1&2, more comic packs, the AT-AP, etc. And then we're going to be broke. :lol:

:wink:
Niktom
Imperial Alchemist

Postby Niktom » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:47 pm

Just think of it as the calm before the storm!
Always looking for Vintage Star Wars Holiday Special Items
Visit YaksPub.com
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:58 pm

In my area the shops are stuck on wave 4 and i only have one figure from both wave 5 and 6. I'm glad because i need to slow but i am also unhappy that it appears that Hasbro have lost interest in the UK again.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Spearhead24
Scavenger

Postby Spearhead24 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:In my area the shops are stuck on wave 4 and i only have one figure from both wave 5 and 6. I'm glad because i need to slow but i am also unhappy that it appears that Hasbro have lost interest in the UK again.

I was very surprised to hear that the situation in the UK is worse than it is in Germany. Well, on second thought, I might just be quite lucky - living in a not very big city and having three or four places to go to buy Star Wars stuff. Only one keeps on getting new figures in small amounts (Wave 8 when I last got there) and another has some Saga Legends as the first regulars of TAC. The third, the only real toy-store, is also stuck on Wave 4.

Well, maybe it's not so bad after all, because if they all had the newest SW-toys in considerable amounts on their shelves, I'd spend too much money regularly... :wink:
"Go your way. Seek rightful balance. Learn to appreciate what you are given." - Master Zao
darth_frisco
Nerf Herder

Postby darth_frisco » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:59 pm

count me with those have yet to see much of the later '07 waves as yet. typical. I've found that if I want to buy at retail, I basically have to ignore what's cutting-edge and pretend to be glad to finally see stuff many months after it hits elsewhere, probably due to a combination of scalpers and lousy distribution. but the fact is most of the good stuff, 9 times out of 10 if I realyl want it I have to go to ebay for it.
YAK_Den
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Den » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:42 pm

WOW! I'm still in a drought from most of 07. My coin album isn't even half filled! I've been missing out on a lot. I'm missing at least 3 waves still.

Return to “30th Anniversary Collection”