Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Obi-Wan Yo Momma
Packaging is "supposed" envoke a feeling. It is not "supposed" to be something to collect- one collects things IN package because it looks so darn cool that way. This new design does neither! It doesn't "feel" like Star Wars, nore does it make me want frame it as is. For the huge milestone of 30 years of Star Wars (and about 29 and a half years for Star Wars toys) I was hoping for something that felt like a celebration. It looks nice, and is interesting and unique- but just not for this most important of years.
By Delta_82
the only thing though is that if the Toys sit on the pegs long enough i the top card does not bend like heck.

iam hoping that they made the carding strong.
By mastercasello
i can't wait for the lava miner pictured on the card to become available
Last edited by mastercasello on Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mastercasello
Obi-Wan Yo Momma wrote:Packaging is "supposed" envoke a feeling. It is not "supposed" to be something to collect- one collects things IN package because it looks so darn cool that way. This new design does neither! It doesn't "feel" like Star Wars, nore does it make me want frame it as is. For the huge milestone of 30 years of Star Wars (and about 29 and a half years for Star Wars toys) I was hoping for something that felt like a celebration. It looks nice, and is interesting and unique- but just not for this most important of years.

i feel that is a very good assesment of the new cards.
By auggiebendoggie
I think the new packaging is pretty cool. Especially the Yakface mock-up. Good job on that. As a mint on card collector I am very worried. The new card has like 10 corners instead of four. I have a sentimental attachment to the vintage look but I am certain they have plans to celebrate the 30th anniversay in some sort of way.
By Jedi Hunter
The future packaging is fantastic, i hope to collect every figure in hopes of collecting the coins
By Delta_82
i so want the Coins too !!!!!!!!!!!
By tenike1
I don't. They give hasbro an excuse to raise the price of the basic figures by at least two dollars!
By Roton7
The price isn't raising, at least not at Target.

Go to the JediDefender forums, then the TSC section, then go to the DCPI thread. It should be in there somwhere that next year's basic figures are still $6.99 at Target. And the EU 2-packs are TEN BUCKS!!!
By Ryan
Roton7 wrote:The price isn't raising, at least not at Target.

Go to the JediDefender forums, then the TSC section, then go to the DCPI thread. It should be in there somwhere that next year's basic figures are still $6.99 at Target.

That would be a raise then, seeing as how they are retailing for $5.89 at Target right now...

I'd much rather they ditch the lame gimmicks, aka Mini holos, stands, and coins, and either give us more/bigger accessories, or give us the figure at a cheaper price.
Last edited by Ryan on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Delta_82
i want a Clone Grand Army Pack.

with like 10 Clones. in the Pack.

R2-SNE4 "Sunny" "Sunny" is t[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Rebel Alliance droids of Flare Base (group one) […]

Wow! The detail work on LL-3PO is fantastic. I re[…]

Man, that Jawa Scout Crawler is a great looking ve[…]

Whoa. That's really nice stuff. :wink:

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Picked up my fourth and final Gamorrean Guard this[…]

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed