Image Image Image Image Image

TAC: Commemorative Tin Collection

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Buzzdroid
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Buzzdroid » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:10 pm

They should have totally put R2-B1 in this set over R2-R9. Sure R9 is harder to get, but B1 is in dire need of a resculpt with better colors, a third leg, and no chrome. Especially since now that he's out of the reissue contest there's like zero chance of us getting him.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:15 pm

Welcome the the forums Buzzdroid

The R2-R9 in the EI set is different from the one included with the Royal Starship. The new one is a repaint of the EarlyBird/Hoth R2-D2 (ie the door is glued in place)
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Buzzdroid
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Buzzdroid » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:06 pm

I know that it's different, but it's not that different. I actually think the Queen's ship model is superior since it has an articulated, retractable third leg which I can't lose.

Though I must say it is quite fun to stick R9's third leg on R5-D4, and then ask the little guy what he was doing to himself to end up so irritated looking.

Glad to be here. Long time reader, new poster.
Commander DiFabio
Cantina Bartender

Postby Commander DiFabio » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:28 pm

I think they could have had a better selection in those collector tins. It seemed to me it was rushed just to get something out. I don't know how you guys feel but I think that Vader sculpt is lousy for the ANH tin. It looks really weird. Then what is up with that 3PO I mean they could have used the new throne one which is the most realistic. The tins look great but i can't buy these thing s without feeling like I threw my money away. I mean 20 bucks is fine but close to 30 forget it. How does everyone else feel I think they could have put in better figures instead of 3PO and vader.
Some poses may require additional support. Product and colors may vary.
tenike1

Postby tenike1 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:03 pm

I think the Evolutions (aka ANH) Vader is the best Vader there is...
Huntsmæñus
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Huntsmæñus » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:00 pm

They have the Episode IV & V packs over at the Walmart here in Algiers. The Han Solo looks like he's cross-eyed. Leia doesn't look too bad in the IV pack...
"And with her, die the dark ages for this planet..."
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:15 pm

I've been sitting here opeing the PT figures that I just got. My Darth Maul has an error. The left hand is filled in and he can't hold his saber. Bummer.

Also, I think Tenike posted at one point there were two possible Jango variations. My pack is a clean shaven Jango.
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:25 am

Sorry for the double post. However, I wanted to let people know that if you were just interested in getting the tins (and not the actual figures), I'm looking to sell off my tins. I'm just going to keep the figures for army builders or custom fodder and I'd like to offset the cost a little. I really don't have any reason to keep them. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Pit Droid
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Pit Droid » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:53 pm

Buzzdroid wrote:They should have totally put R2-B1 in this set over R2-R9. Sure R9 is harder to get, but B1 is in dire need of a resculpt with better colors, a third leg, and no chrome. Especially since now that he's out of the reissue contest there's like zero chance of us getting him.

i agree.
Shut him up or shut him down!
Diddly
Cantina Bartender

Postby Diddly » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:41 am

I saw these today (all three Prequel sets) and gladly passed on them. Although I did ponder if I should pick up the AOTC set, I decided that it wasn't worth that much money for a blue Clone.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:59 am

The AOTC set has a kitbashed Jango to, i got the ROTS one free when i spent £50 in TRU and i quite like it. The Yoda figure looks much better with a cloth cloak.
Last edited by Paulskywalker on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:54 pm

I saw all of the prequel versions for the first time tonight at a Target. I just can't get into these. If they were new figures, YES. But I think these were just a gimmick by Hasbro. I can't justify buying them.

:wink:
tenike1

Postby tenike1 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:37 am

The Clone Trooper is pretty much the only cool figure out of any of the tins.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:34 pm

I picked up the Bith band set Monday night at a Walmart... they are actually really cool. Really great paint jobs on the instruments and their heads. I wish they had new legs though... :?

:wink:
Theo Zissou
Mandalorian

Postby Theo Zissou » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:39 am

i have only picked up the cantina band so far in these tins. i'm thinking of picking up one of the OT sets. for those that have these opened up, which one is your favorite of the OT sets?

leaning toward the empire set. but not sure :/
“I don’t think it’s really fair for me to be on a jury because I can read thoughts.”

Liz Lemon-30 Rock http://www.30rockquotes.net/

http://theozissou.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/TheoZissou

Return to “30th Anniversary Collection”