Image Image Image Image Image

Temple of Aktor Playset

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm mainly interested in the steps at the bottom of it... is that at removable piece? If so, how does it look when removed?

:wink:
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:34 pm

Yeah it's removable piece, fits on the part where the dualling pad things would fit so it comes off nicely as a seperate piece. I'll take a picture if you want.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Delaton
Scavenger

Postby Delaton » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:47 pm

TRUs in the New England have tons of these at $25, but I wouldn't expect them to go much lower. Unlike the "golden years" of the $2 figure purge in 1999-2000, TRU has gotten very stingy with their mark downs. I've been waiting on the Disturbance at the Lars Homestead to go down and it hasn't. Heck, I never got the Bantha set because it never went down in price!

Ok, enough on my TRU rant. This playset has lots of potential, especially for extra Mustafar areas, Hoth cliffs, or maybe even Rynn Var?
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:24 am

I missed an opportunity to get get the Homestead for £25 and i didn't cus i didn't like the sculpts on the ones available and now it's gone back up to £40. :(
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
terman123
Moisture Farmer

Postby terman123 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:I missed an opportunity to get get the Homestead for £25 and i didn't cus i didn't like the sculpts on the ones available and now it's gone back up to £40. :(

Yeah well found out from a source at TRU if the clearance someting and they start to sell the price gets kicked back up, makes a lot of sense to me
Will sell blood for Hasbro Figures.
TradeFederationSympathy
Pod Racer

Postby TradeFederationSympathy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:20 pm

I picked up the temple here in the US at a Ross for 12.99. I also picked up a discounted German troop double pack. Sad thing is, I got home and my wife was talking to her mother and she had bought the temple on sale somewhere for $8 and it was just sitting in her closet! lol. Oh well, I kept the one from Ross and opened it anyway. So if anyone is still interested in this thing, go check out ur local Ross store.
Delaton
Scavenger

Postby Delaton » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:28 am

Sounds like Ross is a similar store to where I found them in New England, at an AJ Wright store. Same price on both the playset and the Germans. So evidence that they had Wave 3 figures at some point, with a leftover Young Indy and Grail Knight for $3.99 ea.
terman123
Moisture Farmer

Postby terman123 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Yeah Ross is also simaliar to a store called TJ Maxx, lots of discount merchandise.
Will sell blood for Hasbro Figures.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu May 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Took some picture of my Indy Temple playset a couple of months ago before i moved, anyway just decided to do a bbit of work on one with photoshop and thought i'd share it with you.

TradeFederationSympathy
Pod Racer

Postby TradeFederationSympathy » Sat May 09, 2009 2:27 am

Beautiful pic! I'm actually kinda a fan of this playset, I think it looks kinda cool. Definitely glad I didn't pay full price for it tho.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sat May 09, 2009 9:44 am

Thanks TradeFederationSympathy

Something i forget to mention is the mountains in the background are actually the shadow cast by the playset when i took the photo, i erased the shadow of Indy's head and when i added the background the shadows smoothed out and i thought i'd use them as the mountains with a little smudging and they worked brilliantly.
Clone_5X
Cantina Bartender

Postby Clone_5X » Sat May 09, 2009 12:40 pm

is this on clearance? thatd be cool ×D
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Return to “Indiana Jones”