Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Paulskywalker
If anyone needed a hand in the collection yeah.
By ctonra
[quote="Paulskywalker"]If anyone needed a hand in the collection yeah.[/quote]

Hey Paulwalker, I do I can find them at all over here. What are the running? Let me know. Maybe I can repay the favor with some stuff that doesn't make it to your side of the pond
Chris
By Paulskywalker
Anymore news on these?
By zedhatch
Paulskywalker wrote:Anymore news on these?

yes it seems this would be big (as in unexpected) news but so far nothing. Seems like it should have broke by now.
By Lance Quazar
Unfortunately, there's a lot of speculation now that the figures were faked and are part of a hoax.

A scenario which I'm reluctant to admit is starting to look more and more likely.

There have been a lot of posts on RS and The Raven about how the figures might have been made and the various comments paint a fairly convincing picture.

I'm not 100% sold, but I'm MUCH more skeptical than I was, especially since the Con is nearly over and we've heard nothing.

This would be a gigantic shame, but, on some level, it's been oddly fun.

Time will tell, I suppose.
By Paulskywalker
Maybe they were supposed to be secret to business people?
By ctonra
I was wondering why figure packs would come out and not have any Indiana Jones paired with them? Why all centered around Raiders? But then again maybe these are someone's exclusives and the Big H can't make the announcement. I do hope they are real and not a joke
By Darth Kikinou
Lance Quazar wrote:
Darth Kikinou wrote:But why would Hasbro do this to us, tease us like that? Doesn't make sense :-)

Not Hasbro, someone else who mocked up the figures and took pictures...

Wow that's pretty malicious! Can you point to the RS thread you saw this at?
By Lance Quazar
As expected, the Con has come and gone, but the real "con" was the pictures themselves.

Yep, these are custom jobs, NOT from Hasbro.

There is been TONS of discussion about this over at RS and at The Raven. Lots of great analysis as to how the figures might have been faked.

There really were many tell-tale signs that I noticed, but tried to explain away.

Here are just a few of the problems:

Toht has no pinstripes on his suit, as the preview pics from a year ago show. Also, the heads are NOT THE SAME as the ones from the preview pic. At all. They are completely different.

It's relatively easy to make Toht customs using the Cobra Commander body. But, of course, the heads won't match Hasbro's pictures (nor pictures of leaked prototype figures, which one Ravener posted a while back.)

The Dietrich figure is WAY too tall, he towers over Toht, who is already a very tall figure. He also seems to be sporting arms from the 21st Century military line. There is NO resemblance to the character with the face sculpt.

WHY were none of the other previewed Raiders Wave 2 figures shown in the pics? Easy, because you can fake a Toht with a Cobra Commander body and you can fake images of other figures never seen. But you couldn't convincingly fake Hasbro versions of Sapito, Marion, German Mechanic, etc.

The German soldiers on the bike look fairly crudely kitbashed. The Ark ghost could be made (at least partially) from Emperor pieces.

Basically, the figures are customs. Pretty greatcustoms in the case of the Ghost and motorcycle, but only pretty good customs in the case of the Germans and Dietrich.

If anyone is interested in seeing more analysis, go to RS or the Raven, but be warned, the conversation has taken an ugly turn recently thanks to one particularly unpleasant member of the Raven community who is basically a liar and a big jerk.

Sadly, though, as much as I was totally enthusiastic a few days ago and argued strongly (at first) against the "hoax" theory, that definitely seems to be the case.

One Raven member even asked Hasbro reps directly at the Con who thought he was crazy when the figures were mentioned.

Sad....but, in a way, it was a bizarre and fun and weird experience.
By Paulskywalker
I did think why did Dietrich have swivel arms and the ghost look like it had parts of Saga Palps? But why not show the Sherpa? or was that to try and authenticate things by make out their was more.
By YAK_Chewie
Thanks for the clarification Lance, what a letdown this has to be for a lot of people. I'm disappointed as well... the one thing that really seemed weird to me was the Dietrich figure, I could not see Hasbro giving him those arms especially... swivel arms did not seem right, and his legs looked off too. I did think it was the real deal, but now it is pretty clear to me that it was a custom.

Really, whoever tried to throw people off with this stuff is a sad individual in my opinion. Way to upset a lot of collectors. :?

I suppose if one good thing does come out of this, maybe it will be Hasbro seeing the continued interest in this line.

:wink:
By Lance Quazar
Paulskywalker wrote:I did think why did Dietrich have swivel arms and the ghost look like it had parts of Saga Palps? But why not show the Sherpa? or was that to try and authenticate things by make out their was more.

The barely-glimpsed sherpa was the hoaxers masterstroke. In retrospect, it was an absolutely brilliant tactic which made the pictures seem that much more authentic. Not only are we dealing with a master customizer, but a truly fiendish mind, as well.

The parts from the Nepal Thug/Sherpa appear to be from Jack Sparrow and a Golden Compass figure.

Man, showing just the parts of that figure in the corners and the reflection added SO much verisimilitude to the photos that it took me that much longer to acknowledge the truth that was staring me in the face. A brilliant and clever tactical move.
By ctonra
Well this S U C k S, I thought for sure they were real I was so getting my hopes up, Even though My first thought was why they made Thot's hand like Spocks and not Hail. I totally missed the Century 21 figure parts in the Germans. I guess the line is over.

All troops will debark for Christmas assault. Prep[…]

Ewok Love

I loved the movie Battle for Endor, fond memories […]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Utinniii : Awesome group of maintenance droids[…]

HasLab Wish list

I'm afraid subscription figures would be at least […]

CHEWIE's customs - 2.0 - Updated 09.28.18

Pretty cool take on Beckett! 8) I think my favo[…]

Hmm I never picked up on that. Maybe he started a[…]

I hate hearing about putting dogs down. My dog is[…]

Battle of Crait 4-pk