Image Image Image Image Image

SDCC “LOST WAVE” Special Edition Collector's Pack

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

SDCC “LOST WAVE” Special Edition Collector's Pack

Postby Lance Quazar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:21 pm

This is all thanks to the extraordinarily talented diorama maker SHAYFORD. He got an advanced set of the "Raiders" figures from Hasbro and snuck them into his recent (and typically cool) "Star Tours" diorama. When asked if he could show better pictures of all the figures, he asked for and received Hasbro's consent.

So I'm reposting these from Shayford at rebelscum. Behold the awesomeness!!! One last gasp of Indy and they go out with a BANG!

I just happened to be wrapping up on another photo, so I threw the Indy figs in place and received permission to share. . .

This group of figures is extremely well done. And the accessories are fantastic. It makes me sad that the line ended because with these figures indicating what was could have been, greatness was surely going to continue.

First batch: German mechanic (with gun, hat and wrench), Indy with new head (with torch, sand bag, idol, gun and satchel), and Satipo (with pack, torch, and tarantulas).

Second batch: Toht (with melty head, extra hand, headpiece, hat, and poker), Marion (with torch and snake group), and German Indy (with bazooka).

The accessories with these figures are incredible. Toht and Satipo are my favorite. Especially Satipo with his snap-on tarantulas. One of the best accessories ever.

have fun,
Stephen
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Re: "Lost" SDCC Raiders figures - REVEALED!

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Wow they look awesome i hope i can pick a set up, the Marion is one sexy figure! :lol:
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:28 pm

Those are AWESOME. It's great to see the series completed. I hope I can afford them!
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
zedhatch

Postby zedhatch » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:31 am

Wow marion is 100 times better than her orginal release, Toht is cool and the german mechanic looks like he jumped out of the movie.

Is that the "ultimate Indy" cause if it is he leaves something to be desired, kind of looks like regular old raiders indy to be honest. (Thinking that it is).
Updated Mon-Fri every week
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Well, they said Ultimate Indy would be a kitbash with a new head. Unfortunately, it looks like they used the ToD head with a new hat.

But I can't be disappointed by that, as the others are just so damned amazing and the accessories rock!
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 am

German Mechanic - has an awesome "Vintage-y" feel to him - love the cap and wrench
"Idol" Indy - pretty much the deluxe figure with a different head - still nice.
Satipo - pure coolness - the spider swarm accessories is totally awesome  ;D

Toht - another awesome figure - love that he comes with the poker and medallion
Marion - great female proportion - the sculpt of the dress is great - and I love that they only gave her one shoe
"German disguise" Indy - spot-on likeness - love the hairdo too
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
drod26
Storm Trooper

Postby drod26 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:21 pm

man...this figures look awesome.. I wish I was going to comic con now... I lack on getting my tickets... :(
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Very pleased to see such great pics.

German Mechanic - No complaints, very happy he's finally going to be available

Satipo - Gotta love this figure, it's downright awesome and really is a great addition to the line

Toht - Perhaps the prize of the group, simply amazing...

Marion - Love well done female figures, though I wish she had two shoes on so she wasn't overly scene specific

"Disguise" Indy - Nice, but not way up on my list since it's essentially just a new head

"Idol" Indy - Looks good, again not way up on my list either as this really isn't "new"

I'll get two sets if they are not too pricey - one to open and have in my collection, the other for custom parts.

:wink:
Sybeck1
Droid

Postby Sybeck1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Wow, Indy is my third favorite franchise, minus the one this board is mainly about and another major space frontier one. All this time and the only Indy toy I have ever owned was a whip I bought at a fair that got me in alot of trouble with my little sister.

These are amazing. The Indy toys I have looked at in the past had bad detail and bad articulation such as no leg articulation. Are there any more this good out there?

Any knowledge if these will go retail, or will they be Ebay chasers?

Thanks
The Menace on the pegs is no Phantom!
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:21 pm

No retail only SDCC and probably HTS or StarWarsShop.com
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:06 pm

the good news for you IJ fans is that I wont be competing with you to get these

they look nice, and if they were a regular retail item I would want them
but I'm guessing these will be priced pretty high and kind of hard to get

I'm spending my $$$ on Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars
(maybe food, rent and gasoline too)
:wink:
99%
b0bb33z3r
Midi-Chlorian

Postby b0bb33z3r » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:00 am

they all look awesome!

I wish this line didn't die.

I hope I can snag this set on hts!
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:15 am

Since last years exclusive never ended up here like previous ones, would anyone care to help a lil old Brit get one of these when the time comes? :D or will a sad pathetic smilie be better? :( :P
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:52 am

Sybeck1 wrote:
These are amazing. The Indy toys I have looked at in the past had bad detail and bad articulation such as no leg articulation. Are there any more this good out there?

Any knowledge if these will go retail, or will they be Ebay chasers?

I'm sorry that you were not impressed by the Indy line. It sounds like you didn't really give it a chance. Many of the figures are truly outstanding. The figures kept getting better as the line (limited though it was) progressed.

The Last Crusade wave is excellent. The Temple of Doom wave is even better. These new figures look better still.

Hasbro made some truly sensational figures. Unfortunately, the first couple waves out of the gate were plagued with paint problems, but Hasbro eventually worked those out.

While some figures (like Cairo Thugs) do have limited articulation, most of the really great figures are super-articulated, with only the occasional shortcut (Henry Jones has no ankle articulation, for example.)

But I would definitely do some research (check out cool toy review's photo archive) and pick up some of these babies.

The best figures in the line are probably Mola Ram, Henry Jones and the "Temple of Doom" version of Indy. The only ones I would really recommend skipping are the KOTCS figures (mostly because I'm not a fan of the film), but also because the Spalko headsculpt isn't great. And a couple versions of Indy (like the Raiders/Idol version with the oversize holster) are a bit iffy.

Still, I am madly in love with this line as a whole and I am over the moon that we're getting this one last batch of figures. Whooo!

For more info, check out my detailed review of the "Temple of Doom" wave -

viewtopic.php?f=127&t=3626
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:56 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:Marion - Love well done female figures, though I wish she had two shoes on so she wasn't overly scene specific

Yeah, I kind of agree. It's cute, but I'd have preferred if she either had both on or both off (or swappable feet!)

The shoe makes her literally the MOST scene-specific figure Hasbro has EVER made. It's from a very specific moment during the Well of Souls scene. She has lost one shoe, but her dress has also been torn as Indy does a few minutes later in order to use the ripped dress to feed his torch.

So it comes from an extremely specific moment of the movie. Heck, she might have ditched the extra shoe even before Indy ripped her dress, it's possible this exact version of her never actually existed on screen. Will have to check the DVD!

:)

"Disguise" Indy - Nice, but not way up on my list since it's essentially just a new head

A few other minor differences - it's actually different legs/boots and the belt is different from the regular German soldier.

But that's nitpicking... :D

Return to “Indiana Jones”