Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

I don't want to defend Hasbro and, of course, we would like ALL action figures to be as reasonably priced as possible.

But the last Vintage figure I bought was Han Solo. A great figure, but with tax I ended up paying $12 bucks for him at TRU.

That's pretty damned high for a single action figure. It has a LOT to do with why I've bought so few of the Vintage line.

With this set, you are getting six figures for under eleven each. There's a promo code for a 10% discount and many people reported not getting charged for shipping. (Since I bought mine at comic con, I had to paid CA state sales tax, so it's actually cheaper and easier to buy it online for those who were able to do so.)

You could spend $130 on a Death Star set with twelve already released figures.

Or you could spend $65 for six ALL NEW figures with incredible accessories that will never been seen again.

I dunno, I thought the price was fairly reasonable, given the realities of the action figure market these days.

And the figures are sensational.

YMMV.
Lance Quazar wrote:I don't want to defend Hasbro and, of course, we would like ALL action figures to be as reasonably priced as possible.

But the last Vintage figure I bought was Han Solo. A great figure, but with tax I ended up paying $12 bucks for him at TRU.

That's pretty damned high for a single action figure. It has a LOT to do with why I've bought so few of the Vintage line.

With this set, you are getting six figures for under eleven each. There's a promo code for a 10% discount and many people reported not getting charged for shipping. (Since I bought mine at comic con, I had to paid CA state sales tax, so it's actually cheaper and easier to buy it online for those who were able to do so.)

You could spend $130 on a Death Star set with twelve already released figures.

Or you could spend $65 for six ALL NEW figures with incredible accessories that will never been seen again.

I dunno, I thought the price was fairly reasonable, given the realities of the action figure market these days.

And the figures are sensational.

YMMV.

I have to agree. That is a very reasonable price. And a very tempting one at that!

I am surprised how poorly this set apparently sold. I guess it just shows that the Indiana line really wasn't as popular as many had hoped. I'm just glad these sculpts finally saw the light of day.

EDIT: Never mind! That sold quickly!
The Professor wrote:
I have to agree. That is a very reasonable price. And a very tempting one at that!

I am surprised how poorly this set apparently sold. I guess it just shows that the Indiana line really wasn't as popular as many had hoped. I'm just glad these sculpts finally saw the light of day.

EDIT: Never mind! That sold quickly!

They did sell out quickly on-line. They did NOT, however, sell out at the convention. Even by mid-afternoon Sunday, they were readily available, while just about every other exclusive (Star Wars, Joe, Marvel) had sold out.

I suspect the MASSIVE packaging at at least something to do with it. The boxes are the size of a coffee table, who wants to carry that around a sprawling, crowded convention center all day?
Got my two sets in the mail yesterday. Holy sh!t... these are amazing (sorry for the expletive)!

It's rare for me to even consider leaving something in the box, but the packaging is so cool that I feel like I might have to leave a set in the main box. It's just too cool.

I didn't open any of the figures yet, just too busy right now to even do that. But I will sometime in the next week... what a stellar group of figures (other than the German Indy, that one is a bit weak)... such a shame that Hasbro ruined the Indy line. These figures should have been in stores.

:wink:
My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Very nice work, they all look great. Amazing tha[…]

Ewok Love

Great list w/ visuals, though a number of those h[…]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

Has anyone seen seen the Force Link 2.0 Starter Ki[…]

Community fodder box...

Let me know when it ships and if you have a tracki[…]

HasLab Wish list

An Imperial landing pad would be great. :wink:

DarthSinister's Customs