Recent Finds/Acquisitions: Vintage/SOTDS

Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

darthapathy
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Re: Recent Finds/Acquisitions: Vintage/SOTDS

Postby darthapathy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:39 pm

StooperZero wrote:
darthapathy wrote:I found a loose AT-AT Commander at a local comic shop for $4.99 this afternoon. He had his goggles but not his helmet or blaster. I may track down a helmet for him or get creative and use one from an AT-ST driver

i found his helmet for you.

:mrgreen:

Thanks. I responded to your PM
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:59 pm

So far, I've bought the following from the 2018 TVC line:

Stormtrooper x 3
Hoth Rebel X 2
Snoke x 3
Kylo Ren x 1

I'm starting to see a few more Stormtroopers in the wild with good paint apps, so I have been getting them. Great figure.

I'll probably end up getting one of each figure in the 2018 series to keep carded, at least for now.

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:23 am

Picked up another Hoth Rebel yesterday at a local STL Target...

Be on the lookout of for these special shipper displays:

hazzbrojonez
Midi-Chlorian

Postby hazzbrojonez » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:25 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:So far, I've bought the following from the 2018 TVC line:

Stormtrooper x 3
Hoth Rebel X 2
Snoke x 3
Kylo Ren x 1

I'm starting to see a few more Stormtroopers in the wild with good paint apps, so I have been getting them. Great figure.

I'll probably end up getting one of each figure in the 2018 series to keep carded, at least for now.

mine is

Hoth Trooper x 4
Snoke x 1
FO Stormtrooper x 3
Jyn x 1
kylo x 2
hazzbrojonez
Midi-Chlorian

Postby hazzbrojonez » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:29 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:Picked up 2 more Rebel Fleet troopers and 2 more Endor Rebels today at SAGA Toys in STL.

TVC???
how much where those going for?

i have a 2nd hand/video game/comic store in my area that has a lot of TVC ranging from $20-$30 HOWEVER they have applied their stickers directly to the cards which sort of cancels the price they think they can get for them.

still might take some old game systems up there for trade in and be like "listen you guys have ruined these cards buy putting these large stickers on the front, how bout you trade me all 10 for this Ps3 and wii u" lol
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:44 am

hazzbrojonez wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:Picked up 2 more Rebel Fleet troopers and 2 more Endor Rebels today at SAGA Toys in STL.

TVC???
how much where those going for?

i have a 2nd hand/video game/comic store in my area that has a lot of TVC ranging from $20-$30 HOWEVER they have applied their stickers directly to the cards which sort of cancels the price they think they can get for them.

still might take some old game systems up there for trade in and be like "listen you guys have ruined these cards buy putting these large stickers on the front, how bout you trade me all 10 for this Ps3 and wii u" lol

I think he had $24.99 sticker price, but I was able to get them for a lower price... I bought a lot of other stuff that day for my kids too - I think I paid $15 per figure. His stickers are on the side bubble - which are hard to get off, but I am an opener anyway....

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:06 pm

I've picked up 3 more Stormtroopers over the past week with excellent paint apps thanks to the Target displays.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:29 pm

Grabbed another Stormtrooper. I figure 10 years from now I might be really glad I have gotten quite a few of these.

EndorJunkie
Midi-Chlorian

Postby EndorJunkie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Well, I had heard the stories from others but had yet to see it myself until yesterday evening! Straight out of the box and to the clearance pegs! Not as drastic of a "clearance" as some reports I have heard, but the entire wave was there! I bought the Jyn to keep carded and left everything else (I have a number of Hoth troopers already and decided to leave it for someone else). It is just amazing how badly Wal-mart is handling the SW brand in general! A number of the WM stores around here have yet to put out/carry any Solo product and the ones that have don't even have the basic figures or the VC, they literally have just have the 2 packs, the mini falcon, FL 2.0, and the 6" stuff. It is just unbelievable that they are still getting exclusive figures with how badly they have handled things the last few years!
Attachments
walmartfail.jpg
walmartfail.jpg (135.69 KiB) Viewed 400 times
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:22 pm

There is really no reason to stop at Walmart for Star Wars in my area either these days. It's a total joke. Few stores received any TVC to speak of, and really the Solo stuff ain't moving, so they don't see any need to order more...

For TVC, I heard they officially removed it from the planograms until Wave 2.... maybe because they viewed Wave 1 as repacks of the 3.75" TBS that some stores still have in stock?

Star Wars is dead at Walmart right now... No TRU... it's basically turned into Target or online shopping. I blame most of this on Disney/Hasbro and the terrible decision to mainline 5poa... these people have driven their cash cow into the ground and are now they better be scrambling to unbury it.

darthvlad
Nerf Herder

Postby darthvlad » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:54 am

The scary thing is that Walmart continues to get exclusives. There’s two TVC figures and a TBS (am I forgetting anything?). I’m sure those will be easy to find.

But, yeah, I find there’s no point shopping at Walmart.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:45 am

Yeah... I guess with TRU leaving, and Kmart pretty much dead, the exclusives are going to go to Walmart more.

Walmart has NEVER been good at managing exclusives - and Hasbro really has never cared. As long as the buyer (being Walmart) orders it, Hasbro is happy.

Hopefully the return of KB Toys this fall works out well, and in a couple years they will be a viable partner for this sort of thing, but who knows really.

Gamestop might be another option for Hasbro...?

EndorJunkie
Midi-Chlorian

Postby EndorJunkie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 am

Game stop might not be a bad idea, they are usually pretty good at putting product out and/or ordering it for you! Aside from the VC Snoke and HRT I purchased from Wal-Mart in April, pretty much every new SW purchase I have made has come from Target and a couple from GS.

Also, I came across this, this morning and it just felt appropriate lol!
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (12.67 KiB) Viewed 371 times
darthvlad
Nerf Herder

Postby darthvlad » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:33 am

I just wish they'd forego store exclusives altogether. :roll: Make them available everywhere.
ImperialOfficer
Scavenger

Postby ImperialOfficer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Today I got the Hoth Rebel Soldier from target.
Collector of Hasbro 3.75, customizer, superfan

Return to “TVC & SOTDS: The Vintage Collection & Shadow of the Dark Side”