2010 "SOTDS/Vintage" Vehicle: Imperial AT-AT

Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Now that Christmas 2010 has passed, was the AT-AT a hit or miss in your area?

Sold great - it's hard to find now
49%
Sold good - but can still find relatively easily
44%
Sold decent - doesn't seem like it was a bit hit
7%
Sold poorly - this will be the doom of the "Big Ones"
No votes

Total votes : 41

Re: 2010 "SOTDS/Vintage" Vehicle: Imperial AT-AT

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:31 pm

Sold very well, but still can be found in my area.
Che la forza è con voi
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby rc-1207 Sev » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:37 pm

i also think the neck is done wrong because it is to small :( :wink:
"There is nothing anymore. Just white meat, and dark meat. It's just us and the dead, We survive this by pulling together not apart."
-Rick Grimes to Murrel Dickson
The Walking Dead
rc-1207 Sev
Bounty Hunter

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:20 am

Several of the Targets in my area had extras on risers in early December, and some Wal-Marts also had them in additional sections... all gone now. So while I'm sure some area stores didn't get in many, in my area they seemed to get in just as many as they did Turbo Tanks, if not more. I think the AT-TE production run was probably higher though.

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:58 am

The Wal-Mart closest to my house had been sold out, but put two more of these out yesterday (at full price).

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby McChiken » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:52 pm

I still have not seen one in the wild.
Probably the youngest carded collector on the forums.
McChiken
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Darth_Cuddles » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Well, I got to TRU last week and sure enough all the AT-AT's were gone. I bet there were some happy kids (and collectors!) on Christmas morning! :wink:
Do not underestimate the power of the Cuddly Side!

My friend's webcomic that's out of this world, check it out - if you dare!
Darth_Cuddles
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby rc-1207 Sev » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 pm

yeah it is defintly a better vehicle :wink:
"There is nothing anymore. Just white meat, and dark meat. It's just us and the dead, We survive this by pulling together not apart."
The Walking Dead
rc-1207 Sev
Bounty Hunter

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:40 pm

So I walk into a Target today on my lunch break... this Target hasn't had any AT-ATs on the shelves since around Christmas... but what do I see on the bottom shelf on its side? An AT-AT... I figure it's probably on clearance, but was not expecting the sticker on it to say $12.54!!!

I went ahead and scanned it, and sure enough - $12.54 was the price. I could not pass this sucker up... this gives me three of them now. I bought one at full price at Toysrus ($100), another at K-Mart on sale ($50) and now this one for just $12.54... on average these suckers only cost me about $54.18 each before tax.

Still can't believe I got it for that price... this one is going to stay in the box for a while. If my son starts showing an interest in this stuff (right now he's a GI JOE fanatic), this will make for a great surprise for him on a rainy day down the road.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby Paulskywalker » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:04 pm

That is the best bargain i've heard in a while, almost stealing! :lol:
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby darthmadonna » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:21 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:So I walk into a Target today on my lunch break... this Target hasn't had any AT-ATs on the shelves since around Christmas... but what do I see on the bottom shelf on its side? An AT-AT... I figure it's probably on clearance, but was not expecting the sticker on it to say $12.54!!!

I went ahead and scanned it, and sure enough - $12.54 was the price. I could not pass this sucker up... this gives me three of them now. I bought one at full price at Toysrus ($100), another at K-Mart on sale ($50) and now this one for just $12.54... on average these suckers only cost me about $54.18 each before tax.

Still can't believe I got it for that price... this one is going to stay in the box for a while. If my son starts showing an interest in this stuff (right now he's a GI JOE fanatic), this will make for a great surprise for him on a rainy day down the road.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: HOLY SNOWALKERS! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hellsya I'd grab it and run too at that price.
darthmadonna
Bounty Hunter

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:09 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:So I walk into a Target today on my lunch break... this Target hasn't had any AT-ATs on the shelves since around Christmas... but what do I see on the bottom shelf on its side? An AT-AT... I figure it's probably on clearance, but was not expecting the sticker on it to say $12.54!!!

So the AT-AT was cheaper than Commander Fox :shock: :lol:

Nice find, as a matter of fact I will call this the "Mother" of all acquisitions!! :D
Che la forza è con voi
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby rc-1207 Sev » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:27 pm

WOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
That is amazing :D
The Walking Dead
rc-1207 Sev
Bounty Hunter

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 pm

And here's pics... seriously, can't believe I found this thing for so freaking cheap.

I didn't realize it until I started snapping pics - this thing has remnants of wrapping paper on it. I guess someone got it for Christmas, and took it back to Target. So they went ahead and just marked it down by 85% to just get it out of their inventory...

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:41 pm

That is absolutely crazy. I'm going to check Target tomorrow just in case!
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby darthmadonna » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 pm

I figured that is what had happened. I worked in a store and picked up some great deals on things like 300 dollar Ralph Lauren jacket for 10 dollars. All thanks to some shopping addict who had bought the jacket and decided to return it months after the fact still new. They got their full refund but the jacket was and had been clearanced out. So in the database when you scanned the UPC it automatically came up 9.99 and it just so happened to be in my size. :)
darthmadonna
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to TVC & SOTDS: The Vintage Collection & Shadow of the Dark Side