Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Darth_Cuddles
darth_sidious wrote:The only thing I'm not fond of is how Hasbro is saving money on packaging, dropping most accessories, and dropping BAD parts, but the MSRP is still $8.

That's my issue too. I'm liking the packaging and the figs are cool, but costs only ever seem to go up with theese guys!
By YAK_Jayson
Think of it this way. The cost is down compared to previous Vintage (VOTC/VTSC) figures. :wink:
By Paulskywalker
YAK_Jayson wrote:Think of it this way. The cost is down compared to previous Vintage (VOTC/VTSC) figures. :wink:

Yeah but this is the basic line, mainly repacks and no protective cases. Plus it is letting off Hasbro, cus it is basically saying it's ok.
By YAK_Jayson
Paulskywalker wrote:
YAK_Jayson wrote:Think of it this way. The cost is down compared to previous Vintage (VOTC/VTSC) figures. :wink:

Yeah but this is the basic line, mainly repacks and no protective cases. Plus it is letting off Hasbro, cus it is basically saying it's ok.

The glass is always half empty with you kids today. :lol: You are essentially getting 13-14 new and/or retooled figures out of the first 20 figures (9 of them being in the first wave alone).
By darth_sidious
I think that higher expected demand you mention is the nostalgia factor - I think some collectors will buy all the OT characters just because of the cardbacks, and the same cardback may draw in some collectors that left in previous years. I think the next few years will really give loose collectors a chance to pick and choose what they are interested in, which may in turn change the face of collecting. Without the BAD parts and large accessories, I'm skipping figures for sure, and some figures that are just resculpts will be those 'wait to see it on the pegs' type scenerios, where I wont know if I want to shell out $8 on say...yet another not-so-perfect C-3PO...
By darthmadonna
I am excited for the packaging. I admit it i love it. I just hope HAsbro is not shooting themselves in the foot by expecting that "higher demand dollar". Price can still be a factor for collectors even if it is a shiny OT cardback.
By stroebel83
just got Hoth Leia, Dengar, AT-AT Commander, and Dak from overseas.
Dak is "Meh" to me he came with a pistol and rifle which is cool but no holster
Leia is awesome great detail onler surpassed by Dengar whose gear is amazing (his groin protector is even removable
AT-AT commander is also great
I guess I am liking this new line more than I thought.
Time for this 27 year old college kid to get a job
By YAK_Jayson
stroebel83 wrote:just got Hoth Leia, Dengar, AT-AT Commander, and Dak from overseas.
Dak is "Meh" to me he came with a pistol and rifle which is cool but no holster
Leia is awesome great detail onler surpassed by Dengar whose gear is amazing (his groin protector is even removable
AT-AT commander is also great
I guess I am liking this new line more than I thought.
Time for this 27 year old college kid to get a job

Can you post some images of Dengar with and without he gear? You will be immortalized on the front page for doing so. 8)
By stroebel83
Dengar
Attachments
DSC01794.JPG
DSC01794.JPG (31.72 KiB) Viewed 4720 times
DSC01793.JPG
DSC01793.JPG (30.42 KiB) Viewed 4720 times
DSC01792.JPG
DSC01792.JPG (30.35 KiB) Viewed 4720 times
By Paulskywalker
It's a great figure ain't it, pity for customisers that the rest of the armour isn't removable.

Think you did a good job personalizing yourself in[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Excellent!!!! RC was one of my favorite games as […]

Great use of the Kit Fisto head! Very reminiscent[…]

I swear, your skill in soft goods and sculpting ar[…]

Parts Swap/Parts For Sale

Any Republic Commando backpacks available in here?[…]

Community fodder box...

It looks like we need the bigger box since most of[…]

So cool. I really like the dark side yoda!

TLJ Purchases and Finds

I was able to find one at Ross here in AZ, I agre[…]