Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

They do need to see it, and personally I think they owe the community a gigantic apology as well as a guarantee that exclusive mailaways like this will be handled properly moving forward...

They just can't seem to get this sort of thing right, can they? They cancel orders on the Eopie, then don't seem to care about ensuring these Fetts won't arrive damaged.

:?
Looks like there needs to be a lot of email and phone call submissions to customer service about this. If mine comes in crushed... I guarantee you they will be hearing about it.

I think it would make a really good Q/A question too...
I think Hasbro should just stop putting the mail away figures on cards and go back to bagging them loose

the smaller mailer box would probably hold up better, and the possibility of a damaged card would be entirely negated since it wouldn't even be there in the first place
Here is the Hasbro boilerplate for the first round of complaint:

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. regarding the Star Wars Exclusive Rocket Firing Boba Fett. We are sorry to learn the packaging from your promotional figure was damaged.

Regrettably, we are unable to exchange the figures for you due to the packaging being crushed. Hasbro, Inc. is not responsible for issues with USPS mailings and we do not guarantee the packaging. I sincerely apologize for this unfortunate experience.

Thank you for your understanding.

But if you respond and push back they will cave and pay for your return shipping and replacement:

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc., and for bringing this matter to our attention. I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

Please be assured that I have shared your concerns with the product team. We will be pleased to arrange an exchange for you.

To help facilitate the process, a postage paid mailing label has been sent via email from eMerchandiseReturnAlert@uspsshippingapis.com for you to use in returning your Star Wars Exclusive Rocket Firing Boba Fett figure and packaging to us. Simply package up your return and place the mailing label securely on the package. Drop it off at the Post Office window and it’ll be on its way back to us.

Your name here, I want to assure you that all of us are dedicated to maintaining quality products. I hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come.

Trying to save a few bucks is going to cost them a bundle in the long run.
Grimace wrote:I think Hasbro should just stop putting the mail away figures on cards and go back to bagging them loose

I agree 100%! That's the way it was done in the old days and that's how this figure originally came. It would cut costs on their part and headaches on our part.

I was going to order a second one but have now decided not to if this first one comes in damaged... it will be the only Fett that I won't have two of (one carded/one loose) but I refuse to pay the scalper price and I'm sure as heck am not sending Hasbro anymore money for the chance to get damaged goods.
I ORDERED 3 THINKING I WOULD OPEN ONE SAVE ONE AND SELL ONE. 2 WERE DAMAGED AND THANKFULLY 1 WAS IN NEAR PERFECT SHAPE EVEN THOUGH THE MAILER WASN'T THAT CRAP HAS TO STOP I MEAN WE ALREADY BOUGHT 5 FIGURES (AT LEAST)FOR THE UPCS AT AN AVERAGE OF $8 EACH AND THEN WE SHELL OUT ANOTHER $7 FOR THIS CRAP! COME ON HASBRO,WE WERE OWED THIS AND YOU GUYS HAVE PRETTY MUCH SCREWED THE POOCH. I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE A REFUND!
Thanks everyone for your feedback and advise. I decided to snap some higher rez
photos of my damaged Boba Fett Mailaway (previous photos were from my iphone).

Again, this is the First of the 3 that I ordered. Hopefully Hasbro will see these photos
and understand the frustration and disappointment when we open our boxes :shock:

I've seen a lot of the vintage figures in the stores that are banged up the same way. I've even passed on some with Silver Foil because of the damage, so maybe it's a production problem, and not just with the Boba Fett figure.
Two of the three Fetts that I ordered arrived yesterday. One box was hanging open, so smashed that two of the box seams were torn. I pulled it from the mailbox and the figure in the bubble fell out, completely unglued from the card. I was still debating opening one, so this made the decision for me! The other box was fine... though I have to wonder how the third will arrive.
Yakreader Jeff wrote in to say he contacted Hasbro Consumer Affairs Division (1-800-327-8264) regarding his damaged Fett. They offered to send him a replacement and a return label for his damaged one. Might be worth a call if you are in the same situation.
I would rather pay $1 or $2 less and get the figure loose in a baggie inside a smaller mailer box

I open most of my figures away, so the larger box, card and bubble all end up in the recycle bin

less packaging = less money spent and less resources used, and is better for the planet in the long run

the Cantina Band Member, Spirit of Obi Wan, Han in Stormtrooper disguise are all good examples of a minimal amount of packaging
Utinniii's Unique Universe Vol 2

Trying to fall asleep but had to comment first, th[…]

Utinniii - that's a prodigious output of customs -[…]

and more ross

TVC Desert Skiff

I would have never even thought about that! Actu[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]

Custom Tree Huts Star Wars !!!!

Bumped because someone asked me about these today.[…]

Luke 3-Pack

Great thread, some brilliant pictures, well done I[…]