Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Darth_Cuddles
YAK_Chewie wrote:Yeah, I've actually put that Han coat on a few of the Rebel Vanguard figures from the TAC line - looks pretty nifty.

:wink:

I never thought of that, it's a neat idea actually, I might give it a go! :wink:
By Paulskywalker
I know were getting Ballista Shan and that on basic card, but here is some evidence that EU won't be nearly completely gone!

jeditemplearchives.com

Q. We are barely able to contain our excitement for The Vintage Collection. Many of us think it is the only way Star Wars figures should be released! You’ve answered a lot of questions already on this line, but some things remain unclear. What logo will you be using for figures based from The Phantom Menace? Will it say Episode I with The Phantom Menace under it or will you be “creating” a new logo that just says The Phantom Menace? Also, will all the figures be tweaked (even in the slightest) to make them unique to The Vintage Collection line? Or will there be straight repacks too?

A. We will be putting all of the Prequel Trilogy movie logos in a Star Wars "holding shape" on the front of each card. The same will hold for the Expanded Universe when EU characters begin to appear late next Fall. There will be straight repacks in the Vintage Collection. If there is a way to make a figure substantially new, we will pursue it, but if it turns out that only minor upgrades in deco or sculpt are the only improvements we feel we can make, then we'd rather not do that and just do a straight repack. We don't want the completist collector to feel compelled to buy a figure when the differences are very slight.
By Darth_Cuddles
Ooooh, more EU figs! I'm sold already, I hope they release some good ones! :wink:
By Paulskywalker
I just read in a Q&A there was going to be a multi pack of Ewoks but it has been cancelled, so there trying to find another way to get it out.
By stroebel83
were there problems with selling comic packs as exclusive via EE I thought that had been a great venue
By Drayco90
I hope for a new Galen Marek and Juno Eclipse around October, and Darth Malgus and Satele Shan to commerate the release of The Old Republic. Maybe even a whole "Video Game" wave of figures, throw in an updated Dash Rendar, Delta Squad, and some KOTOR characters, but that's probabley asking for too much.
By stroebel83
Just ran across this guy, NICANAS TASSU, at the Star Wars Army Store. Not sure what his story is maybe the return of the genosis two packs, that being said not sure what thread to put him under http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-aotc-geon ... 563e01fa21

By Squirepec7
Paulskywalker wrote:I know were getting Ballista Shan and that on basic card, but here is some evidence that EU won't be nearly completely gone!

jeditemplearchives.com

Q. We are barely able to contain our excitement for The Vintage Collection. Many of us think it is the only way Star Wars figures should be released! You’ve answered a lot of questions already on this line, but some things remain unclear. What logo will you be using for figures based from The Phantom Menace? Will it say Episode I with The Phantom Menace under it or will you be “creating” a new logo that just says The Phantom Menace? Also, will all the figures be tweaked (even in the slightest) to make them unique to The Vintage Collection line? Or will there be straight repacks too?

A. We will be putting all of the Prequel Trilogy movie logos in a Star Wars "holding shape" on the front of each card.The same will hold for the Expanded Universe when EU characters begin to appear late next Fall. There will be straight repacks in the Vintage Collection. If there is a way to make a figure substantially new, we will pursue it, but if it turns out that only minor upgrades in deco or sculpt are the only improvements we feel we can make, then we'd rather not do that and just do a straight repack. We don't want the completist collector to feel compelled to buy a figure when the differences are very slight.

Well I certainly saw that one coming. PEGWARMERS PEGWARMERS! sigh why did I do that.
By YAK_Chewie
stroebel83 wrote:Just ran across this guy, NICANAS TASSU, at the Star Wars Army Store. Not sure what his story is maybe the return of the genosis two packs, that being said not sure what thread to put him under http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-aotc-geon ... 563e01fa21

Awesome... that is surely one of the better looking Target exclusive figures I've seen, if it's indeed one of those. It seems like a pretty good candidate to me for part of a 2-pk.

The head/face sculpt is very well done too. I like this quite a bit.

By Paulskywalker
Nice figure, the Geo 2 packs did well here last time. Nice to see their getting their monies worth out of the Mace body. :lol:
By Squirepec7
Yeah new 2-packs. :D Hopefully anyway. that figure is just way cool. The face sculpt is awesome to.
By YAK_Chewie
I liked the Geonosis 2-pks better than what we saw before with the Order 66 sets, because we seemed to get more "new" figures (or at least needed upgrades) with those. The two new human Jedi sets actually didn't move too well though and can still easily be found all over St. Louis. But the others seemed to be a huge hit.

I wonder what else they could have in store for these? We'd probably be looking at 6 sets again, correct?

Perhaps they can use this as a chance to get Pablo Jill back into the mix again (finally). I'd also guess there's a chance we'll see the likes of the following characters:

- Shaak Ti (an upgrade of the 2005 ROTS version would be awesome)
- Aayla Secura (an upgrade of the 2005 ROTS version would be awesome)
- Obi Wan Kenobi (Legacy AOTC version)
- Anakin Skywalkder (Evolutions version)
- Some other "new" Jedi

As for Separatists, who knows? I wonder if Battle Droids are out of the question seeing that they're already putting that good mold into a 2-pk for the basic Legends line and this would not be perceived as such a good value.

By Squirepec7
I'd like a new Aayla Secura one. A new sculpt would be much appreciated the toothpick legs and swivel arms are annoying.
Recent Finds/Acquisitions: Vintage/SOTDS

Nice pic... Thanks! Had to do a LOT of clea[…]

Yakfinities #73 - Vote Now

Ok, will do.

Yakfinities #72 - Desert Dwellers

Here are my first couple of entries, with many mor[…]

I want to see... TVC figures - 5-6 TVC main cha[…]

The V-Stock store near my house (South County Mall[…]

That is one of the most amazing collections I've s[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

http://i.imgur.com/uUmRFoJ.jpg http://i.imgur.c[…]

AT-PT p62 / Index p1