Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

darth_sidious wrote:Received the Crait Luke wave from Hasbro Pulse today - each figure came in a large box, each of which was sufficient to hold all three figures - seems like a waste of resources to me, but carded collectors will likely appreciate it. Overall, cant say I'm overly excited about the wave - the troops both look cool, but hardly feel like fresh new releases. The Crait Luke figure was the one I've been looking forward to, unfortunately the head doesn't look anything like the prototype they had in the slideshow. The highlights on the hair and beard look more like the toupee and dyed beard of Chuck Norris. They nailed his squint on the cardback though, so much so that you can barely see anything outside of pin sized pupils - mine looks possessed, lol. As a customizer, I frequently correct the deco on figures, but I might have to repaint most of the head on this one. Photo Real isn't there yet - at least in the 3.75 scale. Some repaints such as Vader and Leia look good, but Crait Luke does not hit the mark.

Wishing I had ordered these from Pulse... mine are still on backorder from EE, which I ordered back on April 13.

Would love to see some opened up pics when you get a chance!

:wink:
darth_sidious wrote:Received the Crait Luke wave from Hasbro Pulse today - each figure came in a large box, each of which was sufficient to hold all three figures - seems like a waste of resources to me, but carded collectors will likely appreciate it. Overall, cant say I'm overly excited about the wave - the troops both look cool, but hardly feel like fresh new releases. The Crait Luke figure was the one I've been looking forward to, unfortunately the head doesn't look anything like the prototype they had in the slideshow. The highlights on the hair and beard look more like the toupee and dyed beard of Chuck Norris. They nailed his squint on the cardback though, so much so that you can barely see anything outside of pin sized pupils - mine looks possessed, lol. As a customizer, I frequently correct the deco on figures, but I might have to repaint most of the head on this one. Photo Real isn't there yet - at least in the 3.75 scale. Some repaints such as Vader and Leia look good, but Crait Luke does not hit the mark.

Yeah, I really can't stand Hasbro's wastefulness with the one figure a box nonsense. Mine are set to arrive later in the week.

Disappointed to hear about Luke, those most recent pictures looked really dodgy.

I am not really a fan of the face printing. It looks good on a few figures like Stormie Han and maybe Young Lando, but I really don't like the "squinty" look you refer to. It's just so hard to really "see" a character's face/facial expression.

Someone on RS did a repaint of Luke's hair, which looks much better, but, come on, should we really have to do that?

Throw up some pics of the figures when you get a chance and thanks for the report!
Here's the Luke figure, with the squinted eyes and awful hair / beard - I'm all for advancements in paint application, but I don't think this looks good. What I do appreciate is the detailing on his skintone though. I think I'm keeping it carded to see if a running change is done, but I doubt these will even make it retail.

By Jodo
darth_sidious wrote:Here's the Luke figure, with the squinted eyes and awful hair / beard - I'm all for advancements in paint application, but I don't think this looks good. What I do appreciate is the detailing on his skintone though. I think I'm keeping it carded to see if a running change is done, but I doubt these will even make it retail.

Luke Skywalker as played by Humpty Dumpty.
By Jodo
Got my two tank captains and Luke figure from Hasbro Pulse. The tankers look great, but Luke literally has his mustache printed on completely crooked. Not sure what I’ll do. Maybe order one from Amazon or another from Pulse and see if the luck of the draw is any better...
Got 2 Lukes in today along with 4 gunners.

One of my Luke figures has a good paint application on the face. I guess I lucked out...

I like the Death Star gunner but damn the legs suck. Too much ball joint hip madness going on. It looks bad and one of mine has very loose hips.

I also am not liking the new ball joint neck styling.

I agree the coloring on the beard/hair is off on mine, but I think I could touch that up pretty easily. I think Hasbro feels Luke is always going to have blonde hair or something.

Here's a normal size pic that's not blown up...

I actually feel the figure is awesome. 9/10 on my good sample. My other sample suffers from poorly painted eyes, but I wanted an extra figure for custom parts anyways, so I'm fine with it.

vikingrobot sent me a pic of his Luke, and it's got a bad paint app... along with the one darth_sidious shared... here's a comparison...

Good sculpt and all that, just sadly many of these seem to have a poorly aligned face printing.

Oh and Lance, his waist is ball jointed and is a "soft" torso which is great for customs. It's just really well concealed in the sculpt!

I opened mine and dry brushed some paint over the highlights on the beard and hair, then I connected the sideburns to his actual hair, so it doesn't look as much like a toupee. I also repainted the eyes - it seems to be a mix of blue, grey, and black. My lackluster photography skills aside, I think it looks more like his appearance in the movie.

Yakfinities #73 - The Unknown Regions

A Dark Jedi and master of Teräs Käsi, Arden Lyn […]

Arden Lyn p63 / Index p1

A Dark Jedi and master of Teräs Käsi, Arden Lyn […]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Omega Squad is finished! https://i.imgur.com/pM9J[…]

I love each of those custom Luke figures -- awesom[…]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

Nice! I found Quay two weekends ago.

Amazon.ca has finally listed them for $16.50 (spid[…]

That’s an excellent first vehicle to get!!!

Yakfinities #74 - Idea Phase

Yeah, but a similar theme to Fugitives (Criminals[…]