Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Except for the, say, random and occasional Imperial Navy Commander or some leftover TVC Battle Droids for army building fodder there usually isn't anything on the 3.75" pegs to pick up in order to take advantage of a major sale. There's no telling how many case assortments of Waves 11 through 15 are still sitting in warehouses and distribution centers and haven't shipped (and that doesn't include the pile of Wave 9/Ponda Baba that just have to be lurking somewhere in the system until they show up at a discount chain at some future point).
By Warsaw
I'm thinking those Ponda Baba cases don't exist. They would've hit a discount chain by now as it's been well over 1.5 years since that wave hit. I know Target received some back then as well as reports of FYE store finds, but it's hard to believe Hasbro would manufacture such a small amount of this assortment since there were 3 new sculpts in the group. You'd think they'd want to make their money back in the first year rather than re-releasing the molds 3 years down the line in a battle pack or whatever!
Warsaw wrote:I'm thinking those Ponda Baba cases don't exist. They would've hit a discount chain by now as it's been well over 1.5 years since that wave hit. I know Target received some back then as well as reports of FYE store finds, but it's hard to believe Hasbro would manufacture such a small amount of this assortment since there were 3 new sculpts in the group. You'd think they'd want to make their money back in the first year rather than re-releasing the molds 3 years down the line in a battle pack or whatever!

Yeah it seems odd that they haven't shown up at discounters, doesn't it? Who knows at this point. It's aggravating though when you consider how awesome Ponda Baba, Bastila and the Echo Rebel are.

:wink:
The prevailing theory thus far seems to be that the Wave 9 cases will surface eventually and more likely than not at one or more of the U.S. discount chains. I doubt the production run was that much smaller that there just wouldn't be many assortments left floating around somewhere....so relative few of us even found the Ponda Baba wave that there just logically have to be more of them out there in warehouses and distribution centers just waiting for somebody to ship them to a retailer.

They're probably just another victim of the 2012 distribution train wreck and would have shown up in greater numbers by now if it weren't for all the later and newer 2012 wave assortments that were also waiting to ship to stores so they could finally be put on the pegs.
It is possible that Fred Meyers (pnw chain) could be sitting a pile of wave 9 cases. They order their figures in large batches and recieved a large order around the time this wave showed up. Unfortunately they have been horribly choked with TPM figures from both wave 10 & 11 ever since wave 10 showed up. If they ever get the notice to clear them out, the may show up there.
I'm up to 18 of the Vintage Collection Battle Droids myself. Some don't like him that much and nitpick the figure's height, but he's still the best Battle Droid yet.
Look at what I found at Five Below tonight...

They had received from what I could tell, at least 4 cases of the Malgus wave. I picked up the following:

Vader x 1
Malgus x 1
Hoth Luke x 1
Imperial Navy Commander x 2

I left several Vaders and one Imperial Navy Commander, a few CW Anakins and a ton of TPM carry forwards.

:wink:
Attachments
5below3.jpg
5below3.jpg (88.33 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
5below1.jpg
5below1.jpg (79.12 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
Excellent find! Will be heading over to my Five Belows today...
Hope this happens at a store here, i need the INT. And if they can do it with the Royal Guard wave great lol.

Jedha was definitely a desert, so I'd say they dwe[…]

Mousedroid Hoojib's collection in 3D

With the addition of the massive Jabba's Sail Barg[…]

Does anyone have an extra TVC Darth Maul hood ava[…]

PLNK series power droid p61 / Index p1

Known for their distinctive vocalisations, PLNK s[…]

Star Wars Celebration 2019 Chicago

Okay, I'm still looking for the 6th puzzle patch p[…]

Did you try scanning one to see if it would even […]

Dorky Dad's Haves / Wants

Haves Rogue One Tie Striker TLJ Crayt Speeder W[…]

Martin S. TheDorkiestDad