Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
It's not bad like you said - but the ones in red prevent me from ordering a case:

- Qui-Gon Jinn (Phantom Menace)
- Ratts Tyerell and Pit Droid (Phantom Menace)
- Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker
- Darth Vader (Episode IV)
- Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
- VC87 Luke Skywalker (Jedi Origin)
- VC58 Aayla Secura
- VC59 Nom Anor
- VC60 501st Clone Trooper
- VC56 Kithaba (Barada)
- VC57 Dr. Cornelius Evazan
- VC28 Wedge Antilles

...that would be like paying in the ballpark of $140.00 for seven figures... I wonder how many people buy cases like this for a handful of figures they want, but then say things like the upcoming MTT are overpriced...:?:

:wink:
By jedistyle
just out of curiosity what is the luke skywalker "jedi origins" figure all about?
By drod26
1x VC87 Luke Skywalker (Jedi Origin) is Luke from the deleted scene. Weird name to give it. I think Im going to order this wave but need to see how wave 3 looks like 1st..
By Raylen
YAK_Chewie wrote:
...that would be like paying in the ballpark of $140.00 for seven figures... I wonder how many people buy cases like this for a handful of figures they want, but then say things like the upcoming MTT are overpriced...:?:

I for one am seriously considering it. Distribution around me is much worse than many other places. If you don't have Wedge, he'll still be almost impossible to find...again. And I don't have Ratts yet and I do want the CW Anakin. Granted it'll cost more, but I can always sell off what I don't want and hey... I'll actually be able to get the ones I want instead of striking out repeatedly. Plus there is always the focus of the collector.
By YAK_Chewie
For me, Wedge is a non-factor - I don't have it, and don't really even want it. If the body sculpt was better than the outdated Luke body from about 6 or so years ago, then sure, I'd be interested - but after so many orange pilots over and over in this line, he's just not that big of a priority. I might get one at retail if I see it, but might just hang hit back on the peg.

I do understand though how distribution to some areas is a nightmare, and makes these cases more appealing - but they would be even more appealing if Hasbro had smarter case assortments.

By DarthEddie
IF I can score most or all of the Darth Malgus wave(Wave 3) when it hits I won't have to worry about half the figures in Wave 4. My main concerns with this assortment will be Evazan and the other characters that were delayed from last year, followed by a Wedge.
By AaylaSecurasMan
drod26 wrote:I'm actually considering buying a case but Im waiting for bbts to have it up for preorder. Usually $10 cheaper and no sales tax. :D

No tax for me when I buy from EE :D
By DarthEddie
I seriously wonder if the new Episode IV Vader(VC93) is going to be a pegwarmer. The VC08 Vader wasn't exactly the speediest bestseller on the planet after the initial Wave 1 excitement began to wear off. This will be a Vader without a removable helmet, which will be received with mixed results by many in the collecting community as well as kids who like removing Vader's dome and mask to look at Anakin's badly scarred face. I for one am glad this one doesn't have a removable helmet since I think that there've been too many successive Vaders with that feature since the EVOLUTIONS mold in 2005, but without a really big hook to attract some kids and collectors(other than it being based on the original ANH screen armor) I'm starting to think it may pegwarm if given a chance.
By AaylaSecurasMan
DarthEddie wrote:I seriously wonder if the new Episode IV Vader(VC93) is going to be a pegwarmer.

No, Vader NEVER pegwarms, he ALWAYS sells if it was the case we would be sitting in seas of POTF2, Saga, OTC, Saga2, TAC, Legacy, Saga Legends, Vintage 8)
By JediMerc
AaylaSecurasMan wrote:
DarthEddie wrote:I seriously wonder if the new Episode IV Vader(VC93) is going to be a pegwarmer.

No, Vader NEVER pegwarms, he ALWAYS sells if it was the case we would be sitting in seas of POTF2, Saga, OTC, Saga2, TAC, Legacy, Saga Legends, Vintage 8)

I have to agree: Vaders actually sell quite well around here (Dayton, OH) too. If you do find one, he tends to sit for a week maybe, no more than that. The Saga Legends version sold phenomenally fast around here; you really couldn't find one and when I did see one, he sold through within a day or so.

With Vintage and Movie Heroes essentially the same price at most stores around here, I expect the new Vintage version to fly off pegs sooner than the MH one...
By DarthEddie
Maybe you guys are right. I'm just so used to all the 2011 pegwarmers and the fact that the Movie Heroes Wave 1 Vader is slowly fossilizing that worries about the VC93 Vader sprang to mind. I know *I'll* be getting him. He'll be different enough from other recent Vaders to get my attention, even if other people might turn their nose up at him thinking he's more of the same.
By JediMerc
I took a closer look at the upcoming EpIV Vader (VC94?) on Rebelscum earlier today and this fig's got me even more excited. The ball-hinged hips are very well hidden and though some were put off by it, I like the maroon tint they gave the eyes on his helmet. (This matches the glare we see in the opening sequences.)

Mark me down for 2, at least!
By Raylen
Just saw someone selling a $12 loose Bastila.... Hmmmm tempting. But to be honest, not really the best done figure now that I can actually see one in person. The guy has a ton of loose figures and I could easily buy a crapload of figures from him. But.... my wife is starting to worry I'll spend more than we make! It's easy to get carried away at this show. Lol
Star Wars Hot Wheels

Anyone here collect these? Hasbro's Black Serie[…]

i have 2 so far. Is the poop easy to clean up?

Community fodder box...

Sure, I'll toss a few bucks in there. Canada shi[…]

Black Spire Outpost- WIP

Thanks everyone! I had some time this weekend to b[…]

Mimban Stormtrooper

Yeah, Walmart exclusive. Hasbro could not have […]

Load the Barge!

Bib Fortuna (new sculpt) Tessek (new sculpt) […]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Li’l Klee – The youngest of fourteen children in h[…]

Rogue One Assault Tank

Very happy with mine. Love the paint job and all o[…]