Image Image Image Image Image

TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

User avatar
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin
Posts: 23722
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:02 pm

...great pic.

I'd love to see a few more obscure Jedi made this way, with a bust of one of the "Lost Twenty" but I'd rather it be an exclusive through a different place than Brian's Toys.

:wink:
User avatar
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor
Posts: 6449
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:28 am
Location: Wirral, UK

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby Paulskywalker » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:05 pm

So if CWs Maul is on single card next year, i wonder if she will be minus the pillar? :wink:
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
User avatar
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin
Posts: 23722
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:So if CWs Maul is on single card next year, i wonder if she will be minus the pillar? :wink:


That's a good question... but I don't think Hasbro will do that. I bet their deal with Brian's Toys forbids that or something.

:wink:
User avatar
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor
Posts: 6449
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:28 am
Location: Wirral, UK

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby Paulskywalker » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:23 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:
Paulskywalker wrote:So if CWs Maul is on single card next year, i wonder if she will be minus the pillar? :wink:


That's a good question... but I don't think Hasbro will do that. I bet their deal with Brian's Toys forbids that or something.


But they release exlcusive figures and vehicles in other formats all the time so why would this be different, Brian's Toys would only have the rights to this particular set; besides in the UK Forbbiden Planet has the exclusive rights to this.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
User avatar
darth_sidious
Emperor
Posts: 3060
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby darth_sidious » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Its hard to imagine this figure being repacked, not because its bad by any means, but kids arent going to be chasing her down, and I doubt she'll be a major player in any CW episodes to come...

I havent even ordered one yet - the minimum production numbers for exclusives are usually pretty significant, so I dont see this figure ever being in short supply. I'm not interested in paying a premium for action figures anymore, so I am waiting.
User avatar
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin
Posts: 23722
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 am

Yeah, plus I would think that if Hasbro had any plans at all to release her again, they would not have made her an internet exclusive for what may be the most overpriced site around. They made this one about as niche as you can get...

I could see them reusing some of the parts for a different female Jedi at some point. But I don't think we'll see Jocasta Nu in any other format than this one...

:wink:
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Kansas City metro

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby Grimace » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 pm

I sent an email inquiring about my order late last week and I have yet to hear from Brian's Toys
99%
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Kansas City metro

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby Grimace » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:53 pm

I sent a second email shortly after I made the post above, and I received my shipping notice

if anyone else is still waiting to hear from Brian's Toys about their preordered Jocasta Nu, it pays to be a bit proactive
send them a politely worded email asking what the status of your order is

it might take a day or two for them to get back to you, but it worked for me
99%
User avatar
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator
Posts: 1994
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:48 am

Grimace wrote:I sent a second email shortly after I made the post above, and I received my shipping notice

if anyone else is still waiting to hear from Brian's Toys about their preordered Jocasta Nu, it pays to be a bit proactive
send them a politely worded email asking what the status of your order is

it might take a day or two for them to get back to you, but it worked for me


Nothing against you Grimace, you know that I mean no harm.

Why would you remind a business that they need to take your money? :shock:

I won't be sending them an e-mail nor calling them I have a ticker going and will report how long it took them to ship a toy that I pre-ordered back on 7/17 (the weekend it went up) with a Credit Card.
Che la forza sia con voi
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Kansas City metro

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby Grimace » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:24 pm

because I want the thing!

:roll:

:wink:
99%
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Kansas City metro

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby Grimace » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 pm

I must have forgotten that this figure doesn't come with ankle articulation

you'd think since the price is almost 150% above retail, premium articulation would be standard
I guess they think the bust and pedestal make up for it

that premium packaging does not
99%
User avatar
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator
Posts: 1994
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Grimace wrote:I must have forgotten that this figure doesn't come with ankle articulation

you'd think since the price is almost 150% above retail, premium articulation would be standard
I guess they think the bust and pedestal make up for it

that premium packaging does not


And the Holocron :wink:
Che la forza sia con voi
User avatar
darth_sidious
Emperor
Posts: 3060
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby darth_sidious » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 pm

I bet that this figure lacks articulation in certain areas because it was sculpted awhile ago - they've been aware of the interest from fans for years, so its possible that they've been sitting on this sculpt for years as well...
User avatar
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin
Posts: 23722
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm

darth_sidious wrote:I bet that this figure lacks articulation in certain areas because it was sculpted awhile ago - they've been aware of the interest from fans for years, so its possible that they've been sitting on this sculpt for years as well...


I bet you're right on the money.

:wink:
User avatar
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:47 pm
Location: So. Cal

Re: TVC Exclusive: Jocasta Nu (Brian's Toys)

Postby jedistyle » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:47 pm

i finally got my jocasta nu figures in the mail this week. the packaging is super cool....havent had the chance to open one yet but im looking forward to it.
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.

Return to “TVC & SOTDS: The Vintage Collection & Shadow of the Dark Side”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest