Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Scarrviper
Thanks!

Emperor's Royal Guard by scarrviper, on Flickr

the robe was definitely an issue with this figure. I shortened it a little and gave it the water treatment so it can hold this shape. A solid update, hopefully I can get a second one eventually. My only other complaint is that the outfit under the robe should be maroon and not red.
By The Professor
Great job on the water treatment and the pose with the staff. I was trying to figure out how to pose it properly and never could get it. Thanks for the inspiration!
By Raylen
Just opened my Royal Guard the other night. Not a big fan of it. Robe too long and puffs out. Couldn't figure out a good way to pose it with the staff. Staff way too soft. Oh, and gravity is the ONLY thing keeping the helmet on. Love that they included all the extras but not at the expense of the more important elements. I prefer not to modify my figures, but I may have to try trimming the robe and try the water trick.
By Incom
I have this wave on its way to me, thanks to Tamer from ISY. I too think it's a real shame it's an online only wave, with such iconic figures in it.

I'm very excited for that Royal Guard, one of my all time favourites. No, my one all time favourite! I absolutely love the old Kenner version and have about a dozen of those. There hasn't been a modern figure since that can hold a candle to that one, imho. Unfortunately, from what I'm reading, it seems I again will be somehwat disappointed.

Could it be Hasbro just said "okay, you whiners, we'll make a TVC Royal Guard", but didn't give their best to make him truly outstanding?

The robe does indeed look similar to the ROTS version (shudders), but I've read that ironing some folds in it can do wonders.

We'll see, I'm also very eager to recieving a lot of other figures from this wave!
By darthmac
I finally got to see (via Skype) all my figures from this wave! 21 of the 22 figures arrived in fantastic condition - only 1 ERG bubble got crushed. Considering the vast majority are in great shape, I won't file a complaint with amazon (and I was really looking forward to getting some discounts on my orders). I'll be getting those in my hands Wednesday! Then will start the corrective work on the ERG's.
By Raylen
Incom wrote:I have this wave on its way to me, thanks to Tamer from ISY. I too think it's a real shame it's an online only wave, with such iconic figures in it.

I'm very excited for that Royal Guard, one of my all time favourites. No, my one all time favourite! I absolutely love the old Kenner version and have about a dozen of those. There hasn't been a modern figure since that can hold a candle to that one, imho. Unfortunately, from what I'm reading, it seems I again will be somehwat disappointed.

Could it be Hasbro just said "okay, you whiners, we'll make a TVC Royal Guard", but didn't give their best to make him truly outstanding?

The robe does indeed look similar to the ROTS version (shudders), but I've read that ironing some folds in it can do wonders.

We'll see, I'm also very eager to recieving a lot of other figures from this wave!

Not sure, but the body may have been at least partially recycled from the Crimson Empire "training" set. The second helmet was at least.
By darth_sidious
My nephew was over today, so a few of these figures got torn open - haha, oddly enough his favorites were the ERG and Republic Trooper - followed by Ahsoka and Obi-wan. I showed him the OT figures as well, and he didnt really like any of them, other than the Ewok...

As for the ERG, I must not be as picky as some of you guys, because I love it - sure, the softgoods are a bit bulky but its an otherwise perfect figure in my opinion. If they release another at some point, maybe with a different likeness, I'd buy it. After looking at the pieces / parts, it appears to be an all new sculpt, even the EU helmet is different.
By darthmac
Just a heads up for yakkers, I've put all my extras from this wave up for sale in the classifieds. I have extra's of ALL the OT figures, @ $13 each (amazon cost).
darth_sidious wrote:All the new figures from this wave are on sale - save for the ERG and Republic Trooper which both sold out. Thats a nice kick in the pants from Amazon, lol - get collectors to pay $12.99 and then reduce the price for holiday shoppers to clear the rest of the stock. I wont be paying $13 for an action figure again...

Well, they take advantage of the "gotta have it now" mentality I don't blame them, their average selling price at the end of the day is about retail.

What most people don't consider when ordering from Amazon is the fact that they don't charge sales tax (if you live outside of CA like me) and they offer free shipping (when you order at least 2, which is what I do anyway, I have never ordered 1 action figure ever).

I did some math for several folks over at Rebelscum that were saying that they were hoping for HTS to have this wave so they can order it for "retail", here is what I shared with them:

Let's say you are ordering 4 figures:

Amazon: $12.99/figure = $51.96 + $0 Tax +$0 Shipping = $51.96
HTS: $9.99/figure = $39.96 + $3.51 Tax (in my case) + $9 Shipping = $52.47

At any other brick and mortar, yes you will pay $9.99 + tax but what are the chances that you will see ALL of the figures that you want in one trip/stop, most likely you will have to stop by a few more times to get them all if you are lucky.

Amazon had all of the figures for quite sometime but HTS is hit and miss, so I rather
By YAK_Chewie
I've been quite happy with my purchases through Amazon, personally. I don't feel like I've been gouged, especially when they have the free shipping for orders over $25. If they didn't have that, then it would sting more. But when the figures were $13 each, you could get two figures for $26 shipped - that's actually really good, when considering this stuff is online only here in the states.

:wink:
By darth_sidious
I'm not saying I dislike Amazon at all - I actually really like them. My only issue is changing the price so soon after release. It would be different if stock sat around for a year and they had to clearance it out. They dropped the price down to the normal retail level $10-11 less than a month after their release. I suppose its a moot issue now, but another lesson learned - I'm honestly sick of the whole distribution / price game...
Community fodder box...

Jodo you make a valid point. One box is the way […]

I really want the Rio and Kesel guy! Val actually […]

Sy Snootles Bib Fortuna Droopy McCool Yarna D'al[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Oh yeah, I forgot the parts lists. The head of CT[…]

I just added pics of the 6" scaled resin part[…]

Cane Addis Velken tezeril Fozec Bib fortuna Ama[…]

John Morog Customs

Tree-R Ion cannon neck matchbox tank cast piece on[…]

Battle of Crait 4-pk

Hopefully Hasbro got the message with this set. […]