Image Image Image Image Image

TVC "Best of the Best" in 2013

Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: TVC "Best of the Best" in 2013

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu May 23, 2013 10:47 am

Here we are in late May, and not even a sniff of more vintage.

In March, we saw some TRU stores getting in more Wave 3 TVC and support it with some great $4.99 sales, which even moved a lot of the TPM pegwarmers. Even some Target stores got in more of this wave and mostly sold through.

But now -- we are at yet another standstill, and apparently the Black Series stuff is supposed to start hitting in August. Really? Wave One of that line is a joke (way to continue the trend, Hasbro)... and Hasbro has to have tons and tons of TVC still sitting in warehouses.

Does anyone think we'll actually be seeing Galen Marek, Shae Vizsla, etc. in mass numbers at retail before the Black Series hits? Anyone still buy Hasbro's line that they are "reissuing" those figures (we know that it was a failed PR stunt - those figures weren't being reissued, they were just 2012 product still in warehouses).

Man - things just aren't improving. We can blame retailers for not ordering stuff, but why should they order more right now when they know that a new line is being pushed this August/Fall? Why should they believe anything Hasbro tries to sell them on after what Hasbro did to them with Movie Heroes and over producing TPM vintage figures?

I am so down on Hasbro right now, it's not even funny.

:cry:
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Thu May 23, 2013 11:11 am

Nope... I don't think these are coming at all.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
r3dfiv3
Midi-Chlorian

Postby r3dfiv3 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:16 am

No, I don't expect to see those figures. Also, the case assortments I'm seeing for Black and Movie Heroes scare me, given which ones are 2 per case. Also, can someone explain to me why Star Wars figs are being dumbed down to 5 pts of articulation because 'that's what kids want' and G.I. Joe figures are still super articulated?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu May 23, 2013 12:04 pm

I think we'll see them at places like 5 Below later on down the road - but not anytime soon.

If they are sent to those types of stores, and I can find a few that I want, I guess I can wait. But no way do I see Wal-Mart, TRU getting these in... MAYBE we'll see them at TRU to a certain degree, but that's the only main retailer I think will get them.

Guess they could show up on Amazon too...

Real shame that Hasbro shot themselves in the foot with their approach to launch 2012, because most of the later waves would have done just fine at regular retail.

:wink:
RyanMan12
Midi-Chlorian

Postby RyanMan12 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 pm

thats why im adding to my Old Republic line
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Thu May 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Hasbro said that they couldn't guarantee that all assortments would be available for collectors in all areas - that told me right there that these weren't reissues. I believed from the beginning that these were cases that never made it to retail in some locations. Over the last month, locals have reported finding the Malgus wave - so some cases are finding their way to retail somehow. Its too late in my case, because what I didn't find at retail, a forum buddy helped me out with, and the rest I got on Amazon...
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Fri May 24, 2013 3:53 pm

These shout start to hit retail soon as the Black Collection is supposed to be on shelves in August right? Well even if Hasbro says August it could be October before we see any at retail :?
Che la forza sia con voi
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri May 24, 2013 7:46 pm

AaylaSecurasMan wrote:These shout start to hit retail soon as the Black Collection is supposed to be on shelves in August right? Well even if Hasbro says August it could be October before we see any at retail :?

I'm thinking that retailers are passing on this and instead will be clearing out TVC soon. Black Series will probably have a street date so I expect we'll see those around the scheduled date in August.

AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Mon May 27, 2013 3:26 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:
AaylaSecurasMan wrote:These shout start to hit retail soon as the Black Collection is supposed to be on shelves in August right? Well even if Hasbro says August it could be October before we see any at retail :?

I'm thinking that retailers are passing on this and instead will be clearing out TVC soon. Black Series will probably have a street date so I expect we'll see those around the scheduled date in August.

Makes sense, who would want to be stuck with 100's of figures that won't sell for another 2 years :(
Che la forza sia con voi
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue May 28, 2013 10:18 am

Well - I think most of those figures WOULD sell, the problem is the retailers probably don't see it that way given how Hasbro screwed them over with the first few assortments of TVC. The later waves are fine - but Hasbro screwed up case ratios in the early assortments, making it to where the later stuff isn't being ordered.

Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:11 am

I'd expect to see some decent sales between now and mid-July if the stores still have figures in their warehouses. We might even see Hasbro use TVC cases for fillers, if TBS becomes really popular, but I really doubt the first two waves of TBS will sell through so quickly that stores would be screaming for more product.

At this point, I'm wondering if Biggs is going to become the worst pegwarmer in the history of the line.
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Trooper31 wrote:
At this point, I'm wondering if Biggs is going to become the worst pegwarmer in the history of the line.

He may be, mainly after seeing those most recent Rebel Pilot packs not moving at TRU
Che la forza sia con voi
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:23 am

Yes, Biggs is doomed to be the biggest pegwarmer of the Black Series.

I don't understand why they feel they need to pack him in two consecutive assortments.

AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:13 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Yes, Biggs is doomed to be the biggest pegwarmer of the Black Series.

I don't understand why they feel they need to pack him in two consecutive assortments.

Wow, I was not aware that he was being carryforward in wave 2 of the BS collection, really? after packing him 2x per case in wave 1. :?
Che la forza sia con voi
JediMerc
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby JediMerc » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Yeah, BanthaSkull posted the case assortments for the Black Series (3 3/4") last night. Biggs is in the first two waves and, again, figures like Padme, Rebel Ceremony Luke, and Mara Jade are one per case. WTF, Hasbro? Have we learned NOTHING? (solemnly walks off into sunset, shaking head)
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." -- Brian Fantana (from Anchorman)

Return to “TVC & SOTDS: The Vintage Collection & Shadow of the Dark Side”