Discuss of Hasbro new line in the 3-3/4" scale & 6" scale

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Looks like "Vintage" is getting makeover:

The current "vintage"-style line of 3¾ figures will also continue under the Black Series banner.
By JediMerc
I kind of like the idea. I have no idea which ones I'll purchase at this point, probably the biggies of course: Vader, Luke, Han, R2, 3PO, Fett, Stormies. Some may simply depend on how they look in-hand (as I've been know the buy a figure I didn't originally intend to simply be aide it was well-made and looked better than expectations).

I tend to collect a few Marvel 6-inch figs here and there, so this is not much of a stretch for me as I would gladly trade off a couple Marvel figs for SW ones.
By Paulskywalker
Not sure if i like the name. Will be interesting to see the 3 3/4 inch offerings but even though that 6 inch Luke mock up is nice i don't think i need another line of figures; just concentrate on one Hasbro. :roll:
By The Professor
The 6" Luke pilot looks beautiful, but I don't think I would pick up but a few of these figures. Maybe the droids and Vader. I'm way too set in the 3 3/4" line to change now.
By drod26
This is bittersweet for me.. I like the idea of a new 6" line and the detail these figures are going to have.. The bad thing about it is I dont want another line of figures.. I already collect Hasbro 3 3/4, Sideshow and Hottoys 12", and Sideshow premium format..

I like the name they picked and hopefully with this fancy new name we will get new fancy figures.. But they will be a catch.. the price is going to go up, just wait for it.. :wink:
By Paulskywalker
I'm waiting for someone to compalin racism with the name, image certain characters in this packaging with that slogan. :?
By Trooper31
The Professor wrote:The 6" Luke pilot looks beautiful, but I don't think I would pick up but a few of these figures. Maybe the droids and Vader. I'm way too set in the 3 3/4" line to change now.

I feel the same way. I'm really torn at this point. They look cool and all, but I've put too much time and money into the 3.75" line to change completely now. I'll pick up a few that I like, but my first love will always be the 3.75" line.

As cool as these are, I agree with Chewie, they can go and do this, but taking a chance on environment sets, which we've been asking for over the last 5-6 years, is too risky.
By YAK_Jayson
darth_sidious wrote:This thread is for the 4 inch Black Series figures, right? Its basically just going to be the BAD line, minus the actual BADs - along with new cardbacks?

Correct.
By Trooper31
darth_sidious wrote:This thread is for the 4 inch Black Series figures, right? Its basically just going to be the BAD line, minus the actual BADs - along with new cardbacks?

D'oh!!!!

Missed that. I really hope this line stays with same articulation we had in the TVC line. I could see them slowly doing away with some of the articulation, but I'd have to assume that anything that was planned for this year, still has the higher level of articulation.
I hope the first waves are not stuffed with too many of the figures shown at CVI.
By YAK_Chewie
Trooper31 wrote:

D'oh!!!!

Missed that. I really hope this line stays with same articulation we had in the TVC line. I could see them slowly doing away with some of the articulation, but I'd have to assume that anything that was planned for this year, still has the higher level of articulation.
I hope the first waves are not stuffed with too many of the figures shown at CVI.

I *think* we'll still see high level articulation in this line as it's going to be the "premium" line.

What concerns me is a lot of the BAD figures they showed before only had one appealing factor - the droid part. But those aren't included now, so I'll be passing on quite a few of those figures (good for my wallet, bad for Hasbro and their retail partners).

:wink:
By zedhatch
Well the way I read the report this is the BAD line without the droid part, hard to say for certain as the report is not very descriptive. Still it's hard to believe they would work those molds up and not use them, then again Hasbro and DePriest did just that with GI Joe so you never know.

Jedha was definitely a desert, so I'd say they dwe[…]

Mousedroid Hoojib's collection in 3D

With the addition of the massive Jabba's Sail Barg[…]

Does anyone have an extra TVC Darth Maul hood ava[…]

PLNK series power droid p61 / Index p1

Known for their distinctive vocalisations, PLNK s[…]

Star Wars Celebration 2019 Chicago

Okay, I'm still looking for the 6th puzzle patch p[…]

Did you try scanning one to see if it would even […]

Dorky Dad's Haves / Wants

Haves Rogue One Tie Striker TLJ Crayt Speeder W[…]

Martin S. TheDorkiestDad