Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By darthmac
I'm still waiting on this one. I really want a good x-wing so I'm leaning toward the tru exclusive. If amazon drops the price even more it may be too much to resist.
By Grimace
found this in my email box

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

"Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship Vehicle"
Previous estimated arrival date: August 21, 2013 - August 24, 2013
New estimated arrival date: August 15, 2013 - August 20, 2013

yay!
By darthmadonna
I ordered mine on Thursday then Fri I got the email saying they can ship it sooner around 8-21. Yet it shows in stock now. Amazon annoys me with their product descriptions and off the wall shipping times and packing. I just hope it arrives in great condition. This is one I want for the box just as much as I want the ship.
By Grimace
yeah the box is pretty, but it's going in the recycle bin once I open it up

which wont be until October after I get settled in the new place
By AaylaSecurasMan
darthmadonna wrote:I ordered mine on Thursday then Fri I got the email saying they can ship it sooner around 8-21. Yet it shows in stock now. Amazon annoys me with their product descriptions and off the wall shipping times and packing. I just hope it arrives in great condition. This is one I want for the box just as much as I want the ship.

Well, with Amazon it is always a gamble, but from what I have experienced it is more of a 70% chance to get the items with some sort of damage or issue.
By Paulskywalker
That's unbelivable, they to all the trouble to get an exclusive known collectors will want it in good condition then do this!! Also how about covering up peoples products so their private, not stolen and clean etc.
By Grimace
I guess we got what we paid for with the free shipping

for an extra $5.99, they will wrap it with "Amazon Gift Wrap" wrapping paper, but there is no mention of another box it would be placed in for shipping
By The Professor
I have to admit that I've never understood carded collectors. I do have a four carded figures, but at least with those you can see the product inside. With something like this, what good is keeping Slave I sealed up? You might as well just have a bunch of styrofoam in there if it's in a box like that. Mind you, Amazon should be a little more mindful while shipping, but I also know that Amazon's price for this thing is a whole lot cheaper than it would have been anywhere else.

EDIT: Okay, I just read the JTA post about shipping. I didn't realize the vehicle's box didn't come in another box. That is ridiculous!
By OGTrilogy
I got my Slave I from Amazon today and it came in a thin, white cardboard box. The Slave I box fits very snug inside the white mailer box and it had a few minor issues, but overall the Vintage Style Box is in pretty good shape.

Has anyone opened their's yet? I looked at the instructions and put the thing together but I can't get the wings to lay flat as if the ship has landed. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if mine's defective, but the wings feel like they're spring loaded and won't lay flat. I'm afraid to try and force it because I might break the silly thing, but it bugs the crap out of me that I can't get it to look right.

Also I think it would have been super-cool if it came with a clear plastic stand that you could use to hold the ship upright. It would be awesome to display it upright with out having to hang it.
By JediMerc
OGTrilogy wrote:I got my Slave I from Amazon today and it came in a thin, white cardboard box. The Slave I box fits very snug inside the white mailer box and it had a few minor issues, but overall the Vintage Style Box is in pretty good shape.

Has anyone opened their's yet? I looked at the instructions and put the thing together but I can't get the wings to lay flat as if the ship has landed. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if mine's defective, but the wings feel like they're spring loaded and won't lay flat. I'm afraid to try and force it because I might break the silly thing, but it bugs the crap out of me that I can't get it to look right.

Also I think it would have been super-cool if it came with a clear plastic stand that you could use to hold the ship upright. It would be awesome to display it upright with out having to hang it.

See here for info in how to if fix the spring loading problem: http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/story/ ... t-screw-it
By OGTrilogy
JediMerc wrote:
OGTrilogy wrote:I got my Slave I from Amazon today and it came in a thin, white cardboard box. The Slave I box fits very snug inside the white mailer box and it had a few minor issues, but overall the Vintage Style Box is in pretty good shape.

See here for info in how to if fix the spring loading problem: http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/story/ ... t-screw-it

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try this out and report back to this thread.

Movakko and crew The Nikto Movakko could be call[…]

Community fodder box...

will need Lance Quazar address:P. Thanks, roro[…]

Asajj Ventress in Ball Gown p64 / Index p1

Thanks so much, Chewie! Formerly wanted by both t[…]

You my friend are a customizing machine. I don't[…]

Oh my gosh, that is terrible!!!! I have always tho[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Ah, the Battle of Jabiim! What a fun story arc t[…]

ProCreate is good. Not brittle at all. Thank you b[…]

I noticed on the Shadow Trooper, his left knee is […]