Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By darthvlad
YAK_Chewie wrote:Image

^ Imagine walking into stores and seeing all of the crap merchandise cleared out and room for a killer new TVC line....

Above is pic I snapped over the weekend while at SAGA TOYS in St. Louis.

:wink:

That is a thing of beauty right there.

Hate to know the $$$ tags.
By Trooper31
You know, I really hope Hasbro surprises us at TF and says they've added extra waves in 2018. With E IX being pushed back to Dec. 2019, they need to step up the pace of TVC.
By Fritzkrieg
The money is there, they just need to make the products we want. Since Hasbro dropped the ball, most of my cash has been funneled towards independent lines, that offer more quality products. To me the 3.75" Black series is a quality product, at a fair price. They just don't offer enough variety, or distribute it very well. I don't need another OT Luke, Han, Chewbacca, or Darth Vader. I have great figures of them all. Give me some of the cool background aliens from the new trilogy. Give me some more realistic Clone Wars and Rebels figures. Give me some more Cool Video Game Characters, those Force Unleashed sets Rocked! You had a good thig Hasbro, now you've gone and mucked it up.
By darth_sidious
I agree, at this point in my collecting, I have little interest in buying rehashed characters anymore. Diversity of characters has always been what draws me in. I'd like to see fan favorites that have never been produced from the OT, along with CW and Rebels characters - for example, where the hell is Bo Katan? She's a female Mando from two series, yet no representation in action figure form. I'm not sure about the quality of the TBS 3.75 line though, as a number of basic figures have superior sculpts and deco. The pricepoint is also too high for many, and we'll likely lose more collectors if it hits $15.
By JawaKing
I would have no issue with some repacks in TBS waves with new releases. I don't follow secondary market prices on all figures, but I have seen that a lot of exclusive multi-pack figures (TRU's Ewoks & TFU sets etc.) have become ridiculous. These may warrant some single releases. Also, many of the Legacy and TBS characters from Jabba's palace and barge scenes, such as Gamorrean Guard, Wooof, Giran, Malakili, and those shown by Yak_Chewie would make good candidates for re-release without becoming peg-warmers. Many waves from TVC were hard to find with little opportunity to build up any army-builder characters. The secondary market, eBay, etc would be good places for Hasbro to look to see what figures could benefit from coming around again.
By Jedimaster-c
Yeah, Yee-Rees and the black masked Skiff guard are great choices. They also should repack these as well:
Biggs Darklighter X-wing flight suit-SW card
Wedge- X-wing fight suit-SW Card
Garvin Dreis(Red Leader)-SW card
Dutch Vander- SW card
Mosep Binneed- SW
Darth Plagueis-EU
Toryn Farr-ESB
R5-G19-ROTJ
Jawa- which we never got a VTC figure of- SW card
Zev-ESB
Hobby-ESB
Wes Janson- ESB
Padme in the white outfit on Geonosis-AOTC
Captain Rex-CW
Commander Thorn-CW
Commando Scorch-CW or EU

Just to name a few. I do agree, in the words of the Grail Knight from Indiana Jones and the Last crusade"you must chose wisely". :mrgreen:
By Raylen
At At Commander is a must. I check ebay all the time and he goes for $30 loose. Better yet, toss a Veers head sculpt on him. I'd also like to see some figures previously only available in packs single carded like the Resurgance of the Jedi pack which had the best farm boy Luke to date. We never got Mara Jade of vintage card as promised. Make good on that. The Gammorean and Rebel Fleet Trooper are both in demand.
By darthapathy
Being an opener I'm really not concerned about the cards. However, like everyone else, I wouldn't mind some of the hard to find/outrageously priced on the secondary market figures as repacks. There have been a lot of great choices so far. Totally agree with the AT-AT Commander, Jabba's Skiff Guard, Rebel Trooper (Echo Base Battle Gear), and Gamorrean Guard.

Here are some of my choices and again, not for the cards but for the availability.
Rebel Fleet Trooper (new head and possibly holsters)-Rogue One/ANH
Rebel Honor Guard (Yavin) [TAC]-ANH
Imperial Navy Commander (new head and possibly gray variant)-ANH
Rebel Technician-ANH
AT-ST Driver (goggles up, Attack on Hoth battlepack variant)-ROTJ
Tarados Gon-AOTC
Vizam-ROTJ
BG-J38 (BAD)-ROTJ
By Raylen
darthapathy wrote:Being an opener I'm really not concerned about the cards. However, like everyone else, I wouldn't mind some of the hard to find/outrageously priced on the secondary market figures as repacks. There have been a lot of great choices so far. Totally agree with the AT-AT Commander, Jabba's Skiff Guard, Rebel Trooper (Echo Base Battle Gear), and Gamorrean Guard.

Here are some of my choices and again, not for the cards but for the availability.
Rebel Fleet Trooper (new head and possibly holsters)-Rogue One/ANH
Rebel Honor Guard (Yavin) [TAC]-ANH
Imperial Navy Commander (new head and possibly gray variant)-ANH
Rebel Technician-ANH
AT-ST Driver (goggles up, Attack on Hoth battlepack variant)-ROTJ
Tarados Gon-AOTC
Vizam-ROTJ
BG-J38 (BAD)-ROTJ

Rebel Technician would be a good one. Wanted to get a couple and cost me $20 a pop. I think that figure with the tram was $18 new.

I do think though to most people its a rather dull looking figure and doubt they'd release it on a single card. What would be awesome is an "Unsung Rebels Pack" of some sort. Have the Technician, Rebel Fleet Trooper, new Cap Antilles, and new Dodonna. I'd buy that all day. Then do an Imperial Pack with Navy Commander, new Piett, Gunner w/ updated elbows, and maybe a new Motti. Again, I'd buy that all day.
By Jodo
I'd love to get about 5-6 Rebel techs, but there's no way I'm paying that much for them!

Same with the Gam. Guards and Rebel Honor Guards...Garven Dreis is another that needs to be repackaged.
By reverendstrone
Please, please, please repack the Shore Trooper from Walmart's 3.75" BS line, Hasbro peoples. That thing is far too rare.

It's hard to go wrong with troopers, unless of course they're the kind that have been rereleased too many times already.

Royal Guards seem to always be popular.

And how about some ewoks? It has been a long time.

Whatever they choose, they need to be figures that will move quickly and have broad appeal, otherwise the line will stagnate and they'll just say we didn't support it.
By Starchaser
I have a hard time trying to figure out repacks. For me part of the issue is accessibility, but what I find versus what other people report are sometimes very different. For example, I had no trouble finding the Rogue One Shoretrooper, but I never found the Rebel Soldier - Echo Base gear (VC68). So I would want them to repack VC68. I think that the Old Republic Trooper is a sure bet - he was never repacked even though there was talk that he would be. The other figure that seems to have a fair amount of demand on the secondary market and that makes sense is Hrchek Kal Fas (Legacy 2009), as there were two Saurians in the cantina. Oh...and anything from the Legacy Wave 13 (Expanded Universe) would be welcome!
By Warsaw
I'm sure many would scoff at some of these repacks but I am at least sticking with figures that have ball-jointed elbows!
Most are former single card offerings and I would buy all of these figures repacked onto TVC cards...

TAC
- Galactic Marine
- Airborne Trooper
- Biggs (Tosche Station/Academy outfit)
- CZ-4
- A-Wing Pilot (Tycho Celchu)
- Darth Nihilus (Evolutions Pack)

Legacy Collection
- Luke Stormtrooper Disguise
- Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi (BD34)
- Pons Limbic (Brainiac)
- Luke (Medical Frigate)
- Captain Needa
- Owen Lars
- Beru Whitesun
- Ugnaught
- Captain Typho
- Jawa
- Giran
- Nysad (Nikto Gunner)
- AT-AT Driver
- Cloud City Wing Guard
- Zuckuss

TVC
- Grand Moff Tarkin (missed this one)
- Snaggletooth (from Target 3-pk)
- FX-7 (Medical Droid) (Target 3-pk)
- Death Star Droid (Target 3-pk)
- AT-ST Driver (from Target Attack On Hoth set)

Movie Heroes
- Teebo (from Toys R Us Ewok Pack)
- Kneesaa (Toys R Us Ewok Pack)

Black Series
- Padme (Arena)
- Luke (Yavin Ceremony)
- Luminara Unduli
- Mermeru
- Clone Commander Neyo
- Vizam
- Darth Plagueis
- Snowtrooper Commander