Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By ImperialOfficer
I absolutely hate the ball jointed hips that are on current figures... Not only do they make it hard to pose, they make it hard to customize as well. I have some marvel and GI Joe figures, and the ball socket is so much nicer. Even some older figures, like the at te gunner, have ball hinge hips that are easier to use. I have 6 of the tbs shore trooper, and the small skirt thing makes it almost impossible to pose...
By Raylen
While I agree, at the same time I cringe a little. As fans, we demand more. Then they give us more and we complain. Can we ever get to a point where we're happy? LOL I want to make it abundantly clear to all the Hasbro folks who aren't gonna read this. I'd rather have too much than not enough.
By reverendstrone
Ball jointed hips was never something I wanted. I used to wince when I saw them in super heroes and Joes, but was quietly smug that 'my Star Wars figures' never looked like that. I think they're ugly on figures, giving them awkward crotches unless hidden behind skirt elements. They're too disruptive to the aesthetics of a character in my opinion. They hit the perfect level of articulation a few years ago, in my opinion. No need to take it further.
By darth_sidious
Raylen wrote:While I agree, at the same time I cringe a little. As fans, we demand more. Then they give us more and we complain. Can we ever get to a point where we're happy? LOL I want to make it abundantly clear to all the Hasbro folks who aren't gonna read this. I'd rather have too much than not enough.

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004 ... BS_21.html

That's what "I'd rather have too much than not enough" looks like. I'll take 5 POA over something like that anyday. ;) As Rev mentioned, the aesthetics can be ruined by articulation in some cases.
By Raylen
darth_sidious wrote:
Raylen wrote:While I agree, at the same time I cringe a little. As fans, we demand more. Then they give us more and we complain. Can we ever get to a point where we're happy? LOL I want to make it abundantly clear to all the Hasbro folks who aren't gonna read this. I'd rather have too much than not enough.

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004 ... BS_21.html

That's what "I'd rather have too much than not enough" looks like. I'll take 5 POA over something like that anyday. ;) As Rev mentioned, the aesthetics can be ruined by articulation in some cases.

Well, 5 poa is fine.... if it was still 1990. I'm an opener and like to pose my figures. If I want nostalgia, I have my vintage Kenner figures for that. If Hasbro doesn't deliver on articulation, I'm gone. I would have bought almost every figure from TFA but I saved a buttload of money.
By YAK_Chewie
Many of the ball jointed hip figures don't sit well, and look unnatural... I think it's fine to sprinkle in on some figures but they don't all need it...

A good example is TVC Lando...

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004 ... /lf26.html

...it is better than the previous version; except the hips look awful. The older verson looked better in that regard.

:wink:
By BanthaFodder44
YAK_Chewie wrote:Many of the ball jointed hip figures don't sit well, and look unnatural... I think it's fine to sprinkle in on some figures but they don't all need it...

A good example is TVC Lando...

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004 ... /lf26.html

...it is better than the previous version; except the hips look awful. The older verson looked better in that regard.

:wink:

To me, the headsculpt on the old one looks like Darrell from "Ray Donovan..." :D

Well, I made the pilgrimage to Everett, WA and fou[…]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

I must admit, I really do like the look. Better t[…]

Wanted, fo sho.

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

And stay away from my Disney “friend” at all cost![…]

Retro Vintage Figures

Stormtrooper Luke blends in great!

They are everywhere across the universe. Like ver[…]

This jawa figure features pivot hips, wrists and w[…]

Time for another update. Here are some Jedi/Rebels[…]