Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Lance Quazar
darthapathy wrote:Totally agree with Chewie. These are fantastic pics. Thanks for taking them.
I'm going to try to get these when they show up on Pulse. Once I do, the other versions will go into the fodder box.

Thanks! I had forgotten about the joys (and frustrations) of toy pics.

Yeah, I got rid of my previous (mediocre) pilot Luke a short while ago. The old Luke stormie can just hang in the BG with other troopers.

That said, I kinda like the "lightsaber construction" Luke a little better as a Jabba/ROTJ Luke. But with both a jabba playset and a barge on my shelves, there's room for both! :D
By darthapathy
Chewie I saw your post over on Rebelscum about this set. You mentioned that X-Wing Pilot Luke has one of the "new" heads while the other two still have ball jointed heads. What are the new heads?
By YAK_Chewie
It's basically a ball point pin that connects the head and neck. The X Wing Luke has it... same as these TVC figures:

- Mimban Stormtrooper
- Rogue One Stormtrooper
- Death Star Gunner
- Island Journey Rey
- Crait Luke Skywalker
- Klaatu

Probably some others that I'm not thinking of right now...

:wink:
By Lance Quazar
darthapathy wrote:Chewie I saw your post over on Rebelscum about this set. You mentioned that X-Wing Pilot Luke has one of the "new" heads while the other two still have ball jointed heads. What are the new heads?

The "new" heads are like Dr. Aphra - pull the head off and there's a tiny peg connected to the head itself, not the neck. And in the neck is a gaping hole where the peg goes.

So it's pretty awful for head swapping.

The reason why two out of three Lukes have the "old" heads is they are using some recycled parts.

Unfortunately, the "new" head seems to be the way things are going (DS Gunner has it, too.)

UGH! Hasbro continues to make needless "refinements" that screw over customizers!
By darth_sidious
I'd buy more Leia figures, especially an ANH version, considering how nice the TVC Hoth Leia turned out. I don't have any desire to see secondary OT characters revisited, or anything from the PT. With so few available slots in TVC, Hasbro should really move on from previous movies / characters that have been covered sufficiently and have some existing figures that are great - Dooku being a prime example.
By YAK_Chewie
I have to say, I'd probably buy ANY great Star Wars figure in 3.75" scale.

Now, I really don't want them to go back and revisit everything, but it would be pretty hard to pass up photo real versions of prequels mains like Anakin, Obi Wan, Padme, Palpatine, Dooku, Jedi Council, etc.

Troops would be great too... like the TVC Endor Rebel and Rebel Fleet Trooper - repack them each with a new photo real head, and then issue another with yet another alternate head... that would be stellar.

This could also really benefit the Sequel Trilogy characters... Finn, Rey, etc... and we know that Poe is coming... though I feel they need to resculpt that X-Wing body. It looks "off" in my opinion. How have they not made old man smuggler Han Solo in TVC yet? Dumb.

And since we know there is a Cassian Andor series coming, it will be cool to see a photo real version of him too... and many more.

:wink:
By UKHistory
I think real photo imagery for the leads is too hard to pass up.

Although the changes in design and construction impacts customs

I am more open for prequel figures over sequel trilogy. Those figures have not been made in a while.

Definitive versions. Of course Palme has many outfits to select from to make

I worry about new versions of Poe, Finn etc from the first two movies.

Use that tech for the new one and I feel better.

I want to make sure figures are really good and are. It missing key pieces or have a real issue.

Rebel troopers need a holster. DS gunners need a helmet proportional to body.

Cherie has made great suggest that has to misses.

Appropriate level of articulation.

Stormies need lots. A back ground alien maybe just bending arms and bending legs

Mon mothma even less.

Charge an amount that allows for a cheaper storm trooper by offering lea articlte droids and backgrounders.
By darthapathy
Totally agree with Chewie on the troops. They can do the Rebel Fleet Trooper (complete with holster), Rebel Tech, Endor Rebel Trooper, and Echo Base Trooper for the Rebellion and Imperial Naval Trooper/Death Star Troopers for the Empire. They can finally give us the grey suited Death Squad Commander.

Here is what else I'd like to see (NOTE: These don't have to be on a single card. In fact, many of these would work best as a multi-pack)

PT
Chancellor Valorum [TPM]
Captain Panaka w/removable hat [TPM]
Jarus Jannik; Naboo Officer (Dominic West) [TPM]
Naboo Royal Security w/removable hat (2 heads representing both skin tones shown) [TPM]
Officer Ellberger; Bravo Five (Celia Imrie) [TPM]
Padme Amidala; Naboo Pilot Disguise [AOTC]

OT
Luke Skywalker; Tatooine a.k.a. Farmboy Luke [ANH]
Princess Leia; Imperial Senator (2 heads-one hood up, one hood down) [ANH]
Owen and Beru Lars (2 pack) [ANH]
Wuher [ANH]
General Dodonna [ANH]
Commander Bob Hudsol [ANH]
Commander Willard [ANH]
Admiral Conan Motti [ANH]
Chief Bast [ANH]
General Cassio Tagge [ANH]
Officer Cass [ANH]
Colonel Wulf Yularen [ANH]
General Riekeen [ESB]
Princess Leia; Bespin Escape [ESB]
Captain/Admiral Piett [ESB]
General Veers [ESB]
Admiral Ozzel ESB]
Lt. Sheckil (Jeremy Bulloch) [ESB]
Princess Leia; Ewok Gown [ROTJ]
General Crix Madine [ROTJ]
Mon Mothma [ROTJ]
Moff Jerjerod [ROTJ]

ST
Snap Wexley [TFA]
Jess Parva [TFA]
Admiral Holdo [TLJ]
By vikingrobot
I purchase updated photo real figures on a case by case basis. I picked up the Hoth Leia, but not Hoth Hangar Han or Jedi Luke. I am even more apt to wait after both my young Lando and Crait Luke figures looked horrible. Skiff Guard Lando was also a good upgrade for me.
By FettFanster
Those figures look awesome. I'm glad they finally got Luke's hair parted correctly. I'd probably buy specific main characters with the photo real heads.
Thanks for the Pics
By Jodo
I didn’t get Jedi Luke because I didn’t really have a use for him. For me, it’s if I can use a figure in a diorama or something. I don’t think there any figures I would re-purchase for the new paint apps generally. It seems the photo-real technique still has placement issues, so no reason to update my collection just yet, given I can’t hand pick these in the stores.

Edit - Darth Vlad, another fan list option perhaps? What figures need PhotoReal Paint?
By darthvlad
Jodo wrote:Darth Vlad, another fan list option perhaps? What figures need PhotoReal Paint?

We could do one... though I don't know if Hasbro listens. :lol:
By darthapathy
darthvlad wrote:
Jodo wrote:Darth Vlad, another fan list option perhaps? What figures need PhotoReal Paint?

We could do one... though I don't know if Hasbro listens. :lol:

Maybe Hasbro won't listen but it would be interesting to see what we as fans want or would like to see.

Either their warehouse is screwed up or they are p[…]

I also liked the boots on the ground aspect of Rep[…]

Recent Finds/Acquisitions: Vintage/SOTDS

Pulse shipped my TFF order of 4 figures in 3 diffe[…]

Yakfinities #73 - The Unknown Regions

I'll take the purple and gold one (can't remember […]

Star Wars Dioramas

Cool! I miss seeing dioramas like this one. Th[…]

Great work. In our little corner it's always a tre[…]

It’s a real shame when it’s funner to visit dollar[…]

Where does the hobby go from here?

Was it the 6” trash compactor scene? I don’t rec[…]