Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Incom
Hey guys, here's an update on mine:

Skin is too red, I'll fix that tonight. I'll probably won't be able to match the colour of her face, so I'll have to repaint that too. Not my strongest virtue.
By YAK_Chewie
Looks great so far Incom. I agree on the face, I'm going to have to repaint mine too... I'm debating on what to do with her feet... I'm using shoe lace for part of her leg wrappings, and am afraid that if I do the same method for her feet, it will make her wobbly...

:wink:
By JediLjf
Not sure if this is the right topic to post in (Haven't things moved around regarding YAKFinities?) Anyway, today some parts CHEWIE sent me arrived, I used the Shaak Ti head from that to start off my Shaak Ti custom, and I can say after 3 hours of work (including paint drying time) I'm done! Not sounding big headed but for my 2nd ever custom figure I think it looks alright, considering the challenge. I'm pleased with it, bad photography but it was from a mobile phone.

Parts: TAC Starkiller Hero, AoTC Shaak Ti.

- JediLjf
By Incom
Liam, I am seriously impressed. That is one helluva Shaak Ti you've made there. Is her "skirt" also from one of the two figures you've used? And is it me, or did you rearrange her lekku? IIRC, the AotC Shaak Ti has these very rigid straight lekku, but yours seem to flow more.

Again, top notch work, buddy! My second custom couldn't hold a light to it.
By JediLjf
Incom wrote:Liam, I am seriously impressed. That is one helluva Shaak Ti you've made there. Is her "skirt" also from one of the two figures you've used? And is it me, or did you rearrange her lekku? IIRC, the AotC Shaak Ti has these very rigid straight lekku, but yours seem to flow more.

Again, top notch work, buddy! My second custom couldn't hold a light to it.

Cheers, that means alot coming from a great customizer! Oh and I forgot to mention her 'skirt' is off a WWE Figure, it's some wrestlers hair cut, shaped and painted. And all I did was snip in the crease between the lekku and the face (theres a part on it, you'll see) and then it fell to that poisition after being freed from glue to the face.

Thanks again! ;)

- JediLjf.
By Incom
Thanks for the inside info, Liam, it's always fun to read how people work.

Here's a small update, just want to keep you guys updated with WIP pics :wink: Alreayd mixed a nice red/orange/brown/tan whatever skin colour, of which I don't remember the ratios anymore! :lol: Painting of the tattoos and details has commenced!
By JediLjf
Well that looks great Incom, I like it. Can't wait to see the bands/ribbon attatched to her lekku/horns. It really sets the figure from being normal Shaak Ti's to being Felucian hideouts to me. Well on mine it did, mine just looked like a slutty Shaak Ti before I did that. :? Can't wait for more pictures, all these black and whites are a tease! :lol:

- JediLjf
By YAK_Chewie
Alrighty... here's my "almost complete" figure... this isn't 100% accurate, and I took some creative liberties here some, but here's what I got...

head - ROTS Shaak Ti
torso - ROTS Aayla Secura
arms - TAC Maris Brood
tunic - Indiana Jones Ugha Warrior
legs - ROTS Shaak Ti
feet - Indiana Jones Ugha Warrior
rest - threads, shoelace

I actually went through THREE heads on this figure, gosh dangit! The first one, I positioned the head tails behind her head. And it looked pretty good I thought, until I wanted to get the head to fit better on the figure... I went ahead and drilled the head a bit, and POP! I drilled right through the top of the her skull and screwed it up royally... that's why I rarely do commissions for people, lol.

So then I rushed another one and messed up the head wrapping so bad with glue that I threw the head away, and finally had one head left, and decided to play it safe and not reposition the head tails (I still have one more, but that's for my non-customized Shaak Ti that's in a diorama).

I'd like to add foot wrappings, some wrapping on her left forearm and perhaps a belt. But for now she might stay like this.

By Clone_5X
CHEWIE that is fantastic!

Put-er in ur PN :lol:
By scribble
Chewie,

Excellent! (as usual)

What did you use for her necklace and straps? They really capture the look.

Tonphanan,

Thats a cool concept, hope hasbro gives us that kindof poseability and accessories.
What did you use as your base figure?
By Tonphanan
scribble wrote:Chewie,

Excellent! (as usual)

What did you use for her necklace and straps? They really capture the look.

Tonphanan,

Thats a cool concept, hope hasbro gives us that kindof poseability and accessories.
What did you use as your base figure?

Tails-Jedi Council Shaaki Ti
Head & Torso-Barriss Offee
Legs-Elizabeth Swan
Arms-Fireside Padme'
By Incom
Wow, Tonphanan, that is a very original take on Shaak Ti. She actually looks literally wicked like that! The high contrast paint apps on her lekku are really cool and different from the "realistic" approach. Kudos for her outfit and those eyes. Phew!
By JediLjf
YAK_Chewie wrote:How did you create the open mouth on her?

I agree with you... I'm creeped out by that custom. In a good way! :lol: oh and I'm guessing they didn't, isn't the base of this figure Barriss Offee? I think she already has the open mouth, as did half the figures released around her time. :wink:

Only a couple more days to go now guys! :D Lets get them last minute entries! I wish I had spent more time on mine, I had mine done in a couple of hours thinking I'd never make the deadline. Incom, how's yours coming along?

Hohum.

- JediLjf.
Yakfinities #71 - ideas phase

So far, I think I would vote for either Desert (Fi[…]

Bodhi Rook is the only one that I hope they make. […]

1 K-2SO 2 Chirrut Imwe 3 Baze Malbus 4 Bodhi Rook […]

Wow! Looks great by far, I'm anticipating the fina[…]

Triple Zero looks great - really cool. Thanks![…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

0-0-0.JPG 0-0-0 (Doctor Aphra comics) 0-0-0, o[…]

Determine the final spot for The Black Series: The[…]

Results! 01. Paige Tico 02. Lt. Kaydel Ko Connix […]