Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
Alright, what we've all been waiting for... Roundup Report Time!!!

For anyone who isn't aware, last summer, the Star Wars fan community lost one of its most spirited customizers, Mike Martinez, known around the forums as Mercuryartstudios.

In his honor, three fan sites came together to realize a customizing contest that he had been working on, and the participation was amazing. We would like to thank the customizing community for such a strong showing in this multi-site customizing tribute to our friend that we miss so much. The theme was anything related to SWTOR, and entries could be fan fiction, etc. but did need to include three figures. It was basically a "loose interpretation" of an Evolutions theme for SWTOR.

In no particular order, here's a roundup of all the amazing entries...

Once the deadline for the contest had passed, we had a difficult time choosing a grand prize winner, but our consensus was that the first place winner should be forum member Wookiee Balls - congratulations to him for his amazing custom entries, and for his prize - a Sideshow Commander Gree!

After that, three random winners were selected. They are as follows:

1st Random Winner - Revanfan1

2nd Random Winner - Botwt

3rd Random Winner - JediMinstrel

In order to claim the prizes, Revanfan1 will first need to post in the forum which prize he has selected from the prize pool. After he makes his selection, Botwt will post his selection, and then JediMinstrel will receive the remaining prize. You will each be contacted by a sponsor of the contest to make shipping arrangements.

The Random Winner prize pool is as follows:

NOTE - Since Hasbro's distribution woes continue, the Republic Tank is not available yet. Whoever chooses that prize will be contacted by the contest sponsors to discuss arrangements. We will certainly work with you if you prefer a substitute prize.

Thank you again everyone for your participation (and to Tamer at Imperialshipyards and David at Echobase), and if the support is there, we may look to doing another joint contest in the future.

We hope this was as much fun for everyone who participated as it was for us, and we sincerely thank you, and we'll always miss our friend, Mike Martinez. God bless you and your family, Mike!

- Echobasenews.com
- Imperialshipyards.net
- Yakface.com
By botwt
I think everyone that participated in this contest did an extremely awesome job and each of you inspire me to get better each time I try to tackle a custom. Congrats to all the participants and to the winners of this contest!!  :)
I am very honored to have been chosen as one of the winners...you guys truly humble me when you comment on my work, and now that I've been chosen as a winner I am nearly speechless. Thank you so very much for thinking my work was worthy of a winning selection! :)  
By YAK_Chewie
Cool, thanks for posting that. Tamer should be able to get that sent off to you then.

Botwt has selected the Republic Tank - since that's not in stores yet, you will be contacted to sort that out. Looks like David at Echobase will be in touch with you.

That means that JediMinstrel gets the AAT Tank set. I'll get in touch with you.

Congrats again, everyone! This was great!

:wink:
Community fodder box...

I’ll take the best cop with a jacket and the one w[…]

Tessek (Squidhead) Ree Yees Weequay Nikto Admiral […]

John Morog Customs

Finished up work on my latest E-11 last night. Thi[…]

AT-ACT

Apparently the Gordmans by my house still has quit[…]

Walmart and TVC

LOL - I just worry about how the figure looks. :[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

CT-X3 looks fabulous! I love the design... I migh[…]