Image Image Image Image Image

Joint Site Tribute - Roundup Report!

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: Joint Site Tribute - NOW LIVE!

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:51 pm

Wow, that's a pretty interesting character, and I love how you decided to take an original character and show is progression through life... the soft goods are also a great way to distinguish this guy... and the way you modified the old man Vader head is fantastic. It's really hard to tell that it's from a Vader!

:wink:
botwt
Moisture Farmer

Postby botwt » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Very cool entries so far! :)
You can count me in...I've got one started and two that are in the planning stages. :)
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////â• []={]|||[}[___][}
DanOfTheDead

Postby DanOfTheDead » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Got 4 figures about done, have to do two more and then I'll have to sets to contribute to the project. Been having a lot of fun working on Star Wars again, and I've found myself using a lot of fodder I'd given up on. Stopped worrying about every shoulder and ankle having to have perfect articulation, and started working on sculpting some details to make better use of what I had on hand. It's been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to getting them done so I can share them!

Hope we see some more submissions, we've had some great figures shown so far!
botwt
Moisture Farmer

Postby botwt » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:36 am

I have one custom finished and two in various states of completion...I don't want to clutter up the thread, so I'll wait till I have all three finished before I post them up here. :)
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////â• []={]|||[}[___][}
botwt
Moisture Farmer

Postby botwt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Well, here are my three...Sith Pureblood Inquisitor, Aqualish Sith Warrior and a prototype T7 Astromech

More pictures on my blog at http://botwtswfigures.wordpress.com/
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Wow - those are stellar! Probably your best customs I've seen from you.

Aqualish - That paint job is amazing. The head really looks more like a spider creature than what Hasbro did. Talk about bringing a sculpt to life!

Astromech - Excellent work using a vintage FX-7 head. I've used one a time or two before, but never had results that good.

Sith Pureblood - Damn! This one rocks too, I love the head - how did you go about that? Are the hands from a Red Skull figure?

Also of note, for anyone interested in joining in, the rules/prizes/etc. are on the first page of this thread - hope to see some more entries soon!

botwt
Moisture Farmer

Postby botwt » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Thanks Chewie, I'm glad you like 'em! :)

The hands are actually repainted Darth Sidious hands, the head was originally a Captain Rex with alot of green stuff sculpting to create the look of the Sith Pureblood...there is more pictures on my blog that show how it looked at one point during the sculpting phase.
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:31 pm

botwt, wow, those are great!

aqualish sith warrior - very cool, the paint apps on the head are very well done that is a nice use of the concept boba armor for a sith.

droid - my favorite of the group, is that a little tire he has on the back? :lol:

trueblood sith - amazing, i never ever would have even considered that being a CW clone head, well done on the sculpting.

a very cool group of OR cutsoms, i would easily buy multiples of all three of these should hasbro make somthing this well done.....
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
botwt
Moisture Farmer

Postby botwt » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Wow, thank you jedistyle...I am very happy you like them! :)
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:21 pm

botwt wrote:Thanks Chewie, I'm glad you like 'em! :)

The hands are actually repainted Darth Sidious hands, the head was originally a Captain Rex with alot of green stuff sculpting to create the look of the Sith Pureblood...there is more pictures on my blog that show how it looked at one point during the sculpting phase.

Awesome, thanks for the explanation.

Tamer
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Tamer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Wow, what a great bunch of custom entries! Just outstanding.

I told CHEWIE I would pop in here and see what was going on and wow color me impressed. I can't wait to see what happens here in the next few months! Thanks for participating.
He who is one with the Walker. And do you really think tow cables will take one down?

imperialshipyards.net
Revanfan1
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Revanfan1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Hey all! I have the figures I need to customize in order to join this thing! 8)

Now all I need is some paint! You should be hearing from me in a few weeks! :mrgreen:
I want a Zayne Carrick action figure!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 am

Revanfan1 wrote:Hey all! I have the figures I need to customize in order to join this thing! 8)

Now all I need is some paint! You should be hearing from me in a few weeks! :mrgreen:

Cool - we have through April - can't wait to see what you come up with!

botwt
Moisture Farmer

Postby botwt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 am

Looking forward to seeing your models Revanfan1! :)
DanOfTheDead

Postby DanOfTheDead » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Since I help run the Yakfinities roundup, these are just for inspiration and not official entries. I had to get in on this project however, and after a lot of thought I knew what I wanted to try to do.

My friend Martin has been working on a Star Wars film for 10 years, and ever since I saw a rough cut I've been wanting to do customs of the main characters. I acutally met Martin through a friend, and the story goes that they met at film school when Martin walked up, introduced himself and immediately asked "So do you like Star Wars?"

I didn't get to know Mike very well, but I was a big fan of MercuryArtsStudio's work, and we'd traded comments on each others figures and I was always honored when he complimented my work. I'd like to consider these figures a toast to all the friends Star Wars has made, for me and for everyone, online and out in "the real world." What Star Wars is has changed over the years and will continue to change, but it's always been more than just a movie or a hobby. And whatever else it may be, it's formed many long lasting friendships. I'm grateful for that, and all the people it's introduced into my life.

At any rate, here are some of the characters from Martin's film, Hunt for the Holocron. While I don't think it has a specific spot in the Star Wars timeline, it has always had a very Old Republic feel to it, and the designs lend themselves well to that era. You can click on each one to find the part recipes at my site!

Dregr Jarrat

E'din Kyle

Dagan Accour

Ariah Duen

Sahn Jinkuru

Bando Jinkuru

Return to “Featured Spotlight”