Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
BubbaFett wrote:Ok. Here is our entry for the contest. We wanted a character that would have a plausable bridge between Episode VI and VII. After researching the Sand People and watching ROTJ again, we finally came up a figure. We even created his own card, backstory, and gave him a recon droid. Even with all the new gadgets, we felt he should still be true to his heritage and own his gaffi stick. Because of his time with Boba Fett, we felt Boba would have given him some of his older items in his closet: wrist rocket, worn cape, shoulder/knee pads, and color scheme. This merc is slowly evolving...
He has a Visual Display Scope: Enhances day/night vision, thermal traces, and links with recon droid. Made to swivel out of position when not in use.
Thanks for looking!

Dang - that's outstanding. I love this custom and the idea behind it. That's a great way to show Fett too... one of the first ideas behind him surviving ROTJ that I've truly liked.

Welcome to the forums too, by the way. Hope to see more of your work.

:wink:
Forum member Evilivo is having an account login issue that I'm looking into, but did create this custom for this that I'm posting for him for the time being.

Hi to all :)
I'm not sure if I need to introduce myself in another thread, so please excuse me that I do it here. I'm from Bulgaria, Europe and I've been customizing for quite some time, but mainly "improving" my figures, it's too expensive to buy multiples for customizing here. This is my first participation in this kind of contest :) I wanted to register in Yakface, too - I've been a regular visitor there for a few years, but for some reason my registration fails every time. If someone from their site sees this and helps me, I'll be grateful. Anyway, here are my customs:

Neru Keel. I imagined him as a clone who was exposed to some kind of radiation and developed midichlorians. His lifespan and his vision about the Galaxy got bigger :) So in Ep 7 he should be one of the followers of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, a veteran and survivor of the Clone wars and the Jedi Purge.
Recipe:
Head - Saga 2 Clonetrooper, hair and beard sculpted with Aves FIXIT.
Rest- ROTS Obi-Wan, resculpted bootstraps.
Lightsaber - scratchbuild.
Image Image
Image Image

The second one - a Wookie War Chieftain. No name by far. I would just love to see more wookies in Ep7. I don't know if Chewie will still e there, but this one could be one powerfull sidekick :)
Recipe:
Ep1 preview Wookie Warrior with resculpted using Aves FIXIT head and elbows (added fur).
Scratch-built bandolier from polymer clay and real leather.
Scratch-built crossbow using the big gun that comes with the Wookie Warrior.

ImageImage

And the two together:

Great customs by far, good luck to everyone :)
Hello all. It's been a long time since I've posted, but I couldn't pass up this challenge! I've got one done and I hope to get another done tomorrow, but we'll see.

This is Borga the Hutt. He's the "Godfather" of the underworld and he's got a serious problem. For a long time he had gone unchecked in the Outer-Rim when the Empire was in control but in the past several years that has changed. The Jedi have been resurrected by the Master Luke Skywalker and in recent years have become numerous enough to be a thorn in his side.

Borga brings together several organizations to meet and discuss a solution to this "Jedi" problem. The biggest and baddest Crime Syndicates in the galaxy attend and attempt to work together to rid themselves of Skywalker and his Jedi once and for all. Collectively they're gangs are still no match for the Jedi who are backed by the Supreme Chancellor of the New Republic Leia Solo.

Borga decides the best way to handle this problem is to call in a mark with the ruler of Mandalore and combine their armies for an all out war with the forces of good.

BORGA THE HUTT

This was an old POF deleted scene Jabba I had laying around. The sculpt was so bad I had no remorse ripping him apart and re-sculpting him. He is actually modeled after a horned toad. I thought this made him look a little more threatening than Jabba. Hope you all like him and his bad attitude. :D
By JediMerc
That is one awesome Hutt, DarthSinister! Perfect paint detailing as well as the "rough skin", warts and all!
By drod26
I posted this one in the imperialshipyards for my entry to the contest...
Jaina Solo Pre-Pilot Suit... I know we have seen customs of here in the xwing pilot suit, but I wanted my own version and this is what I came out with from some inspiration from the japanese statue of hers that just came out.. :D
Attachments
jaina-pilot101.JPG
jaina-pilot101.JPG (136.79 KiB) Viewed 1711 times
jaina-pilot102.JPG
jaina-pilot102.JPG (168.99 KiB) Viewed 1711 times
Having survived the Battle of Dathomir during the Clone Wars, Mother Talzin, in league with Darth Sidious, created an army of Nightbrothers and Nightsisters trained by Darth Maul. This army was to be used against the Jedi, had Order 66 not been successful. After the Purge, the Emperor ordered a blockade of Dathomir, knowing the power of Mother Talzin and her minions. The clans were held isolated for decades until the Empire fell. With Darth Sidious dead - Mother Talzin was able to forge an alliance with the Imperial fleet in orbit of Dathomir. This fleet, armed with hundreds of force sensitive Nightbrothers and Nightsisters, along with Darth Maul, and Mother Talzin, now make their way to Coruscant to wage war with the New Republic...

===

This is my third (and final) Mother Talzin custom. I designed her to be a cross between the Clone Wars appearance, and what she may look like in a movie - for the 2013 Joint Site Episode VII Customizing Challenge.

** Forgot some detailing - so I updated the pictures **
Last edited by darth_sidious on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Revanfan1
Say hello to Anakin Solo! Note I am rather computer illiterate (I know how to use one but more often than not can't figure out how to post an image not hosted by a wiki. So instead, here is the link.

http://zaynecarrick.deviantart.com/art/Anakin-Solo-362543032?q=gallery%3Azaynecarrick&qo=0

I used an Indy 4 Mutt Williams for the entire figure. The lightsaber comes from some Obi-Wan or another and the blaster is from the Saga 2002 Zam Wessel.

Edit - pic added by Yak_Chewie
By DeltaSev
Nice entries guys, I like the Talzin, and the interesting idea of what happened to her, very cool! The Gammorean is very nice too! Also, can we get a parts list of the Jainas, Drod? They look spectacular!
XDarthSinisterX wrote:Hello all. It's been a long time since I've posted, but I couldn't pass up this challenge! I've got one done and I hope to get another done tomorrow, but we'll see.

This is Borga the Hutt. He's the "Godfather" of the underworld and he's got a serious problem. For a long time he had gone unchecked in the Outer-Rim when the Empire was in control but in the past several years that has changed. The Jedi have been resurrected by the Master Luke Skywalker and in recent years have become numerous enough to be a thorn in his side.

Borga brings together several organizations to meet and discuss a solution to this "Jedi" problem. The biggest and baddest Crime Syndicates in the galaxy attend and attempt to work together to rid themselves of Skywalker and his Jedi once and for all. Collectively they're gangs are still no match for the Jedi who are backed by the Supreme Chancellor of the New Republic Leia Solo.

Borga decides the best way to handle this problem is to call in a mark with the ruler of Mandalore and combine their armies for an all out war with the forces of good.

BORGA THE HUTT

This was an old POF deleted scene Jabba I had laying around. The sculpt was so bad I had no remorse ripping him apart and re-sculpting him. He is actually modeled after a horned toad. I thought this made him look a little more threatening than Jabba. Hope you all like him and his bad attitude. :D

Wow! You took that absolutely awful Jabba and made something awesome out of it. Great name, too. Reminds me of the Borgia family.

https://i.imgur.com/3uy9lk6.jpg https://i.imgu[…]

Community fodder box...

Here is everything I forgot to include. I'm OK[…]

Your customs put the company to shame. No excuse f[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

That is super cool! I have several of the NECA fi[…]

Thank you all! It's been fun doing these figures. […]

HOMEWORLD RETURN TO HIIGARA - Part 4

This is absolutely fantastic work! I LOVE the Home[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Chuckles - I think we should just go with a "[…]

I have a feeling that Moloch will be more readily […]