Image Image Image Image Image

2012 Discover the Force in 3D Wave (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Which "Discover The Force" Figure Are You Looking Forward To Most?

Aurra Sing
23%
G8-R2
9%
Mawhonic
26%
Ric Olie
No votes
Destroyer Droid
No votes
Gungan Warrior
9%
Naboo Pilot
14%
Tusken Raider
3%
Darth Maul
17%

Total votes: 35
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Re: 2012 Discover the Force in 3D Wave (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Postby DarthEddie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 pm

^
I haven't forgotten to keep you in mind, drod. The snow around here is melting pretty quickly and the roads are clear for the most part, so if I see some Tuskens in the next few days and can pick up a couple I'll let you know. :wink: It's a shame you don't need a Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan...those things are breeding in the action figure aisle like randy jackrabbits. We must be living in some parallel universe that someone created by changing history...who'd have thought that there'd be more Mawhonics and Aurra Sings to pick from than Tusken Raiders??? It's like an alternate-timeline episode of a STAR TREK show, man. :lol:
"We lived through another day... it's a good excuse to celebrate."

-Soul Asylum, "Can't Even Tell"(1994)
zedhatch

Postby zedhatch » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 am

DarthEddie wrote:
zedhatch wrote:I finally found Tunkin raider over the weekend, was in the 5th or 6th store I saw the 3-d wave in, but finally got him.

That's great to hear! I'm so surprised the Tusken is so hard to find. I always assumed he'd be one of the four pegwarmers along with Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Yoda. Back in 2006 the Vintage Saga Tusken wasn't exactly a warp-speed bestseller, and previous incarnations in other lines were always hanging around on pegs past their freshness dates. I guess since it's been a few years since the last carded Tusken Raider that collectors are taking advantage of seeing him.

But, back then he was also nearly twice as much as a regular figure too. The Vintage sold but there was that factor that effected the sales, I found several figures years later. My observation is one figure (Luke in bespin, Chewie, ect) per wave would sell out pretty fast and the others would linger, not because people didn't want them, but prices.

I think it's what's hurting prices now since we are nearly to that price ($10 back then, around $9 on adverage now).
Updated Mon-Fri every week
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Finally picked up a few of this wave this weekend: Gungan Warrior, Aurra Sing, Ric Olie, Naboo Pilot and Mawhonic. Great figures all around, I hope to pick up a few more Naboo Pilots and Gungans.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Postby DarthEddie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:22 pm

I briefly stopped in my largest area Walmart to grab a few small bags of groceries and I took a quick glance at the STAR WARS aisle. Still plenty of DTF figures to go around...but in case drod26 wanted to know, I didn't see a single Tusken Raider. Quite a few Mauls, Jedi, Mawhonics and Droidekas with shields, though. I'll continue to keep my eyes peeled.

vadersfist
Scavenger

Postby vadersfist » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:38 am

dont know if anyone has caught this or talked about it, but i found a few of these that were like this. i would guess the whole wave is like this. the pic on the right has the dice in the right corner, the accessory bubble is different as well. the pic on the left has the dice on the left, the accessory bubble is different here as well.

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Postby DarthEddie » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:53 am

vadersfist wrote:dont know if anyone has caught this or talked about it, but i found a few of these that were like this. i would guess the whole wave is like this. the pic on the right has the dice in the right corner, the accessory bubble is different as well. the pic on the left has the dice on the left, the accessory bubble is different here as well.

Yeah, I noticed and pointed this out as well. Some figures have the dice on the left side behind the photo of the character while others have the dice on the right in the blister tray. Of the three G8-R3 droids I have, two have the dice on the right...one has it on the left. I also have Tuskens, Gungans and Droidekas like that and have seen but not bought other characters with this dice variation.

Thanks for posting a photo...I meant to do so but never got around to it. :wink:

vadersfist
Scavenger

Postby vadersfist » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:09 pm

well since discovering that the whole wave has the dice/bubble variant i pickef up the whole wave again today, the ones i got a few weeks ago all had the dice on the right, the ones i bought today had them on the left, and yes the whole wave is like this not just a few of them.
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:20 pm

I am so glad that I am a loose collector, I would be insane by now chasing all this variants :?
Che la forza sia con voi
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Postby DarthEddie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Had a few extra bucks after buying my groceries, so I picked up another Mawhonic. This time with the dice on the left-hand side behind his picture. This makes my third Mawhonic. What can I say? I love the ugly little guy! :lol:

Here's my newest li'l buddy...

drod26
Storm Trooper

Postby drod26 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:12 am

Nice DarthEddie.. The little dude is actually really cool and I don't care if he is not to scale.
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Postby DarthEddie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:16 am

Technically, IS he not to scale though? We never got a good shot of him in the movie next to a character with a known height like, say, Anakin. For all we know he's supposed to be this small. Every other Podracer in the movie is pretty petite and/or slender, so maybe Hasbro and Lucasfilm got his figure right.

Who knows. All I'm sure of is that I dig the living crap outta this figure. He's the only Podracer action figure I've ever owned three copies of!

Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:10 am

Mawhonic is 1.22 metres tall, so i should think he is accurate and the pic of him on his podracer looks like he id diminutive.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mawhonic
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:38 am

The actor who played Mawhonic was a full sized adult, LFL just did a retcon and made him shorter, both in his stats and his action figure. Luckily he isnt shown next to any of the other podracer pilots or they would have had to use CGI to make him appear smaller.

Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:00 am

I saw that pic earlier, i think some have assumed is that size not realising that though played by an average sized actor forced perspective was likely used to make him smaller in the movie.

Oh and it explains that though he's a dwarf Gran his figure has the proportions of an average sized being and thus making the figure look like a new strange and a different size for figures.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Postby DarthEddie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:27 am

I think everybody can agree that the figure is fantastic, even if the character himself is weird. Mawhonic is one of the two best sellers where I am(Aurra being the other) and it's a wonder any were left yesterday when I picked up my extra one. All these race flags have me wishing that Hasbro had put some in the packages with Ratts Tyerell and Ben Quadinaros! :D

Return to “Movie Heroes/Discover the Force (2012)/Saga Legends (2013)”