Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Which "Discover The Force" Figure Are You Looking Forward To Most?

Aurra Sing
23%
G8-R2
9%
Mawhonic
26%
Ric Olie
No votes
0%
Destroyer Droid
No votes
0%
Gungan Warrior
9%
Naboo Pilot
14%
Tusken Raider
3%
Darth Maul
17%
darth_sidious wrote:The actor who played Mawhonic was a full sized adult, LFL just did a retcon and made him shorter, both in his stats and his action figure. Luckily he isnt shown next to any of the other podracer pilots or they would have had to use CGI to make him appear smaller.

I'll be damned. I had begun to think that the whole character was CGI after seeing how small the figure is.

:wink:
I'd never seen that photo before either. I always believed it was a guy in a costume because the shot of Mawhonic in the film looked too real to be 1999-era CGI, but I didn't think the actor in the makeup was THAT big and tall.
The number of DTF figures at my Walmarts is dwindling. The ones that you'd expect to sell the worst are still there along with a few G8-R3s and Ric Olies, but most of the assortment has been selling very well. I haven't seen a Darth Maul in weeks, Aurra Sing is almost completely gone and Mawhonic is increasingly hard to find. Naboo Pilots and Tuskens are also good sellers because they're terrific army builders. Even the markdown Dewbacks seem to have sold a few units since the sale started. My only beef with the DTF line is how mind-numbingly bad the 3-D Battle Packs have been handled. There hasn't been a single 3-D Battle Pack on any local Walmart shelf since the day I found mine, and that was almost an entire month ago. More than a few people are still looking in vain for the Astro Droids and Mos Espa and finding squat. Walmart has not handled these sets well at all, and that's being kind. You can always get the Battle Packs from eBay but it'll cost you thirty or more dollars for each set and that's usually before S & H. I hope more cases of these show up and soon. Of all the Battle Packs to have distribution issues...why does it always have to be the GOOD ones?
It's kinda unfortunate that Canada's not getting any Wal-Mart exclusives. Oh well, at least they're being re-released on VC cards later in the year, so then they may pop up in Canada, unlike the Royal Starship Droids Pack(or whatever it was called), which I'll have to find at a decent price online.
Yeah, the PLAN is for four of the 3-D figures to show up on Vintage cards this fall. But who knows really? Hasbro's canceled figures and changed/shifted around assortments before, and in just the past year. I hope Aurra, Mawhonic, the Gungan and Naboo Pilot get put out in the Vintage Collection but with Hasbro you just never know. They might decide to delay them until 2013 or not do them at all. Delays happen all the time. Look at the Dr. Evazan wave. It was supposed to be out last summer or fall, but we're having to wait until Wave 4 of this year to get those five figures.

I'd hate for you to have to go online and pay eBay prices for some of these Walmart exclusives. Perhaps you could get someone on the boards to help you out with getting the figures you want?
DarthEddie wrote:Yeah, the PLAN is for four of the 3-D figures to show up on Vintage cards this fall. But who knows really? Hasbro's canceled figures and changed/shifted around assortments before, and in just the past year. I hope Aurra, Mawhonic, the Gungan and Naboo Pilot get put out in the Vintage Collection but with Hasbro you just never know. They might decide to delay them until 2013 or not do them at all. Delays happen all the time. Look at the Dr. Evazan wave. It was supposed to be out last summer or fall, but we're having to wait until Wave 4 of this year to get those five figures.

I'd hate for you to have to go online and pay eBay prices for some of these Walmart exclusives. Perhaps you could get someone on the boards to help you out with getting the figures you want?

Thats okay. I have a close cousin in Arizona that can help me out, but thanks for trying to help out. :)
Oh, okay...that's cool. I hope they can help you. If there's ever anything we can do to help don't hesitate to ask. We collectors have to try to look out for one another. :wink:
My ranking of the Discover the Force exclusive merchandise from hardest to find to pegwarmer, as based on visible sales in my own area:

1. Royal Starship Droids
2. Mos Espa Arena
3. Darth Maul
4. Aurra Sing
5. Mawhonic
6. Gungan Warrior
7. Naboo Pilot
8. Destroyer Droid
9. Tusken Raider
10. Ric Olie
11. G8-R3
12. Dewback
13. Yoda
14. Obi-Wan Kenobi
15. Qui-Gon Jinn
16. Vulture Droid
17. Qui-Gon Jinn Electronic Lightsaber
The DTF wave is hardly an "exclusive" here in Australia....we don't have Walmarts here but these figures are at Big W here and i can tell you that Mawhonic, Gungan Warrior, Aurra Sing and G8-R3 are flying off the pegs...the rest of the wave is slowly...and i mean "slowly" selling. Ric Olie and the Naboo Pilot are everywhere here and i was thinking about buying them as custom fodder.

I do think though that the Naboo Pilot is a bit of a waste really...that figure's position in the wave should have been taken by a new Sio Bibble or a Bib Fortuna from the Podrace scenes or possibly even a new sculpt of one of the Jedi Council members like Adi Galia or even Oppo Rancicis.
I really dig the Naboo Pilot and wouldn't want him to be replaced by another figure, but I *do* think that Yoda, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were wastes of slots in the assortment. I'd have replaced them with Sio Bibble, another one of the Queen's handmaidens, Chancellor Valorum, a new Nute Gunray or someone else along those lines. We need a new Senator Palpatine because the last one dates back to 1999 and really pales in comparison to much better Chancellor Palpatines from Episodes II and III. Heck, I would have taken a repaint of Watto. Any of the six characters I just mentioned would have been much more preferable than uninspired and unpopular Jedi repacks. The DTF figures are a frustrating mix of totally awesome and completely illogical. I love the assortment, but looking at those unwanted Yodas, Obi-Wans and Qui-Gons makes me wonder what could have been if Hasbro had been just a tad more creative and original.
Yeah i tend to agree with you there...the Obi-Wans, Yodas and Qui-Gons are peg waremers around my way and we really didn't need then again. There's heaps of other Jedi that need to be done/re-done other than those three.

I'd like to see a Kitster & Wald 2 pack (diorama figures for me), Jira, Rango "Tank Head" Tel, Erdan, Ark "Bumpy" Roose, Welding Droid, Shmi Skywalker (needs a resculpt badly), Waks Trode, Ann & Tann Gella (Sebula's Twi'lek girls) and Chokk. I haven't bought a Qui-Gon or EP1 Obi-Wan since TPM came out back in 1999...i don't them again either.

I think the only people who'll buy the Qui-Gons and Obi-Wan's are completists, customisers and kids who bug thier parents about getting the heroes from the film.
I will say this much for the DTF Yoda. It's a lot better than the Movie Heroes Yoda, which to be frank was kind of a crappy figure when it was brand new in 2005. :roll: At least the 3-D Yoda comes with a much better pose, more articulation, no goofy action feature and his Jedi High Council chair. If you had to pick one Yoda in the new 2012 Hasbro line I'd say go with the Discover the Force version...he isn't perfect by a mile but he's vastly superior to the spring-loaded turd in the first wave of Movie Heroes.

https://i.imgur.com/3uy9lk6.jpg https://i.imgu[…]

Community fodder box...

Here is everything I forgot to include. I'm OK[…]

Your customs put the company to shame. No excuse f[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

That is super cool! I have several of the NECA fi[…]

Thank you all! It's been fun doing these figures. […]

HOMEWORLD RETURN TO HIIGARA - Part 4

This is absolutely fantastic work! I LOVE the Home[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Chuckles - I think we should just go with a "[…]

I have a feeling that Moloch will be more readily […]