Image Image Image Image Image

2012 Multi-Pack: Pod Racer Pilots (TRU Exclusive)

Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Re: 2012 Multi-Pack: Pod Racer Pilots (TRU Exclusive)

Postby DarthEddie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:08 am

There are some that are still rotting on the shelf of my local Toys "R" Us, and the last time anybody posted in this thread before earlier this morning was April of 2012 - 18 months ago (plus some). In all that time they haven't found a way to sell those sets and they just sit there collecting dust and getting pushed to the sides by customers looking for other items. Even a few 50% Off sales (which made an entire five-pack of Podracer aliens with race flags and other accessories barely $11 or $12 total) didn't get rid of these things.

I still like the Podracer set, and very much so. But it's even more indicative now than it was 18 months ago that they made way, way, WAY too much Episode I 3-D promotional merchandise.
"We lived through another day... it's a good excuse to celebrate."

-Soul Asylum, "Can't Even Tell"(1994)
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:41 am

There are still loads here, i think if they keep this price for Christmas time i can see them as stocking fillers. I got one yday as i don't have Mars Guo and Dud Bolt; so thought may as well.

It's just the fact that a £29.99 set is now £6.99, funny thing is TRU are not saying that; their saying was £9.99.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Postby DarthEddie » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:03 pm

It's a great set with very good figures in it, but just like most everything else released in January and February of 2012 it was vastly overproduced and overstocked.
"We lived through another day... it's a good excuse to celebrate."

-Soul Asylum, "Can't Even Tell"(1994)

Return to “Movie Heroes/Discover the Force (2012)/Saga Legends (2013)”