Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

I have pretty much always hated the practice of exclusives. Especially because some people have limited access to the store that has them. I remember having to miss out on some of what Target would get early on because there weren't any near me. Plus distribution is horrible. Why make things worse by further limiting the availability of figures.

With exclusives, everyone wins except the buyer. Unless you're a scalper I guess. That's another thing that exclusives promote.

Are these DTF figures going to be available on vintage cards, or the same packaging as Movie Heroes?
Raylen wrote:Are these DTF figures going to be available on vintage cards, or the same packaging as Movie Heroes?

A few of them are going to be released in August or September on Vintage cards. The following will comprise #s 71 - 74 of the Vintage Collection later this year:

Mawhonic
Naboo Pilot
Aurra Sing
Gungan Warrior

If true, maybe that means Mawhonic will finally get packaged with a bonus Pit Droid or a very large accessory. The other Vintage Podracers come with Pit Droids. At his current size, he just isn't worth Vintage prices unless he comes in a 2-pack of some kind.
DarthEddie wrote:^
If that was on a peg in the action figure aisle it *might* be for regular Movie Heroes figures, not the DTF line. I'm becoming more and more convinced as the days pass that the DTF characters will be sold on endcaps or on separate cardboard displays set up elsewhere in the toy department.

All the Wal-Marts in my area have the following setup (or close to it)...

Starting from the left...

Row 1 - Clone Wars 2012 (stocked) - $8.96
Row 2 - Movie Heroes 2012 (stocked) - $8.96
Row 3/4 - Vintage 2012 (stocked) - $8.96
Row 4/5 - Star Wars Transformers 2012 (stocked) - can't remember price
Row 6/7 - Battle Balls 2012 (empty pegs) - can't remember price
Row 8 - Movie Legends 2012 (empty pegs) <- 99.9% sure these are the DTF figures - $8.96

They might have some sort of special shipper displays for these, but I'd be willing to bet that "Row 8" is the DFT stuff...

:wink:
Raylen wrote:I have pretty much always hated the practice of exclusives. Especially because some people have limited access to the store that has them. I remember having to miss out on some of what Target would get early on because there weren't any near me. Plus distribution is horrible. Why make things worse by further limiting the availability of figures.

With exclusives, everyone wins except the buyer. Unless you're a scalper I guess. That's another thing that exclusives promote.

Are these DTF figures going to be available on vintage cards, or the same packaging as Movie Heroes?

I can sympathize with that... I just would rather see these figures come out in some format than not at all.

If not for exclusives we might have never seen Jaina and Jacen hit retail at all, or TFU Shaak Ti... think of all the TFU exclusives that TRU has carried too, and also the Taun Tauns this past year... the Trash Compactor sets, some background Jedi in the Geonosis Sets, certain Comic Packs, the Hoth Rebel turrets, etc.

It might not be convenient, and more pricey for people who don't have those stores in their area, but I'd rather see items like that made in a somewhat limited capacity than passed over by Hasbro altogether.

YAK_Chewie wrote:
DarthEddie wrote:^
If that was on a peg in the action figure aisle it *might* be for regular Movie Heroes figures, not the DTF line. I'm becoming more and more convinced as the days pass that the DTF characters will be sold on endcaps or on separate cardboard displays set up elsewhere in the toy department.

All the Wal-Marts in my area have the following setup (or close to it)...

Starting from the left...

Row 1 - Clone Wars 2012 (stocked) - $8.96
Row 2 - Movie Heroes 2012 (stocked) - $8.96
Row 3/4 - Vintage 2012 (stocked) - $8.96
Row 4/5 - Star Wars Transformers 2012 (stocked) - can't remember price
Row 6/7 - Battle Balls 2012 (empty pegs) - can't remember price
Row 8 - Movie Legends 2012 (empty pegs) <- 99.9% sure these are the DTF figures - $8.96

They might have some sort of special shipper displays for these, but I'd be willing to bet that "Row 8" is the DFT stuff...

Hmmmmm. Maybe so. As wide as the DTF cardbacks are with the big 3-D glasses sticking out the side I wouldn't think their limited space for STAR WARS figures would allow them to stock the DTF characters on pegs right next to all the others, but I could be wrong. If they're not on the pegs I'm assuming we'll see a separate cardboard display standing nearby. Or at the most an endcap stuffed with them. After 13 years of collecting I've become accustomed to Walmart's habits when it comes to stocking certain STAR WARS items.
Are they any wider than Comic Packs?

With Wal-Mart, you never know where they will display this stuff... I've seen exclusives never make it to the Star Wars section at all, and not even on a display either. Sometimes whoever the toy manager is will just find room in a promo or clearance aisle that shove it there.

I think...though I'm not 100% certain...that the DTF cardbacks are a little wider than a Comic Pack. Don't quote me though. They looked pretty wide based on photos I've seen. That doesn't mean they can't find a way to squeeze them onto the pegs and still have barely enough room for the figures right next to them, but like you said: Walmart doesn't always put exclusives in a logical place. We might end up checking every single aisle in the toy department for displays or any signs of the figures. They might BE in the clearance aisles for all we know.

All I know is that I'm doing a thorough check come Monday. I'm not leaving the store until I've looked through every toy and clearance aisle.

Your customs put the company to shame. No excuse f[…]

Community fodder box...

Here is everything I forgot to include. I'm OK[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

That is super cool! I have several of the NECA fi[…]

Thank you all! It's been fun doing these figures. […]

HOMEWORLD RETURN TO HIIGARA - Part 4

This is absolutely fantastic work! I LOVE the Home[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Chuckles - I think we should just go with a "[…]

I have a feeling that Moloch will be more readily […]

Utinniii's Unique Creations Vol 2