Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By DarthEddie
True, but it *IS* Hasbro we're talking about, so who knows what on earth they'll be thinking.

The Naboo Fighter seemed like a complete no-brainer for an early 2012 release and they completely botched that, so my faith in the company doing the most sensible thing with future ships and vehicles is pretty weak.
By Paulskywalker
You never know we may get the updated mold of the Gunship with gun pods included, all for $80!!
By DarthEddie
And in 2014! :P

Nah, if they put out a "new" Gunship it'll be next year and might be the year's BMF for all we know. But like others have said, don't expect it when AOTC 3-D is actually in theaters.
By YAK_Chewie
I think Hasbro said there wouldn't be a "Big One" in 2013... or at least not a "new" one - which makes me think the 2013 vehicle assortment will (or should) be something like this:

Early 2013 - mass retail
$80 - Repainted Republic Gunship w/ turrets - Repack
$30 - Homing Spider Droid repack - Repack
$30 - Mandalorian Assault Transport - Repack
$30 - Neimoidian Shuttle - NEW!
$30 - Forward Command Center - NEW!

Early 2013 - exclusives
$30 - Acklay - Repack w/ Obi Wan Kenobi (TRU)

Late 2013 - mass retail
$100 - Geonosian Arena Playset - NEW!
$30 - Geonosian Starfighter - Repack
$30 - Hailfire Droid - Repack
$30 - Something OT - Repack
$30 - Something OT - Repack

:wink:
By Paulskywalker
Some nice suggestions there Chewie and if some of those repacks were worth picking up again i would.
By DarthEddie
A couple of those seem like interesting ideas. I wouldn't mind a Neimoidian Shuttle.
By DarthEddie
^
I agree. Someone needs to ask about the Fighter. This is getting ridiculous.
By Paulskywalker
Amazon have this on sale for £25.59, so got one! :lol:
By DarthEddie
Still a little rich for my blood (25 pounds is roughly $41 American) but at least it's nice to know the thing's still surfacing.
By Paulskywalker
Well these days medium vehicles are £34.99, so for one that never made it to general retail £25.59 is a good price for me. Heck long ago retail price for medium vehicles was 24.99, i didn't mind when they were that price.
By DarthEddie
I might look into this after some thought. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. $41 might not be ideal but it's a fair sight better than the $89 or $99 before shipping and handling that eBay scalpers want.
By Paulskywalker
It was free delivery too, don't know if it would be the same for the US.
By DarthEddie
Even better! Thanks again. I'll take a look and see.
By Paulskywalker
My starfighter came in the post today, just put it together after a frustrating 45 min putting stickers on; least they were easy to adjust! Very cool vehicle, the new features are great. Put all my Naboo Starship astromechs in it and R5 D4, all look pretty good in it. The landing gears are subtle and nice and the engine cannons hide well. The sliding cockpit is a nice touch, fits well. Nice to get quite a large vehicle in the medium line considering what were getting soon, will have to route out my TPM one to compare.
Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Timian is a hired gun, willing to work for whomeve[…]

Tzizvvt Arleil Schous Melas Commander Bob Hudsol […]

1 Biggs Darklighter; Red 3 2 Wedge Antilles; Red 2[…]

Yakfinities #70 - Vote Now

Droids will be fun.

John Morog Customs

Realized there were some customs that I hadn't pos[…]

Yeah, I just joined that group...Did you see all […]

The dioramas for my own PN were always one of my f[…]

Choose 2 from the following 5 to fill out #s 8-10 […]