Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By DarthEddie
Wow. Looks like a smorgasbord of Weak.
By YAK_Chewie
There happens to be another Gordmans somewhat close to my work - went by there just now on lunch, and nada.

I don't know why I really care. I kind of want this ship, but not that badly. Last year at this time, I was excited about it. But after going a year without getting it, it's not that exciting anymore. Especially considering all sequel merchandise we'll be seeing over the next decade...

:wink:
By DarthEddie
I still want at least two Starfighters, but I'm not going to any excessive lengths to get my hands on them. If I have to wait until they show up at a discount store chain that actually exists in my area or I wind up trading for them or buying them off an online friend, fine.

Any of those alternatives beat most eBay prices or taking some hours-long road trip to another state (based on little or nothing more than the hope that they actually have them).
Last edited by DarthEddie on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DarthEddie
This one's actually a fantastic little vehicle with features that top those of the original 1999 version, but man....all Hasbro had to do was find some way to distribute these last year and 95% of this current craze wouldn't even be necessary. We could have gotten our hands on these a year ago if certain people hadn't had the business and marketing sense of a box of stale crullers.
By DarthEddie
Haven't checked the eBay prices for the Starfighter since the Gordmans finds began. If they haven't dropped yet they're bound to soon.
By The Professor
Never heard of Gordmans, but I still can't believe these never made major retail outlets. Such a debacle in the past four years.
By DarthEddie
Debacle seems like an apt word to describe almost anything after January 30, 2012 (if nothing else).
By DarthEddie
At least you have one nearby that you can choose to avoid and not check. I'd love a couple of these Fighters, but to each their own. I totally respect how tired you feel about some of this stuff and sympathize to an extent.
By YAK_Chewie
It's because toy runs are worse than ever now and a complete waste of time, gas and energy. I'm not joking when I say that I've only bought maybe 5-6 figures total at places other than Toys"R"us in the past 12 months.

Hasbro has damaged this hobby so bad that I'm now venturing out to other things for the 3.75" scale, like those awesome Shapeways diorama accessories, etc. It's sad how poorly that Hasbro has managed Star Wars in recent years. And really, they've missed out on a lot of opportunities to make some great diroama and playset pieces before things got as bad as they are now in even finding basic figures.

I have no sympathy for them these days. Only spite.

:wink:
By Paulskywalker
Well Hasbro knows best Chewie, they know putting out cheap looking 12 inch figures at mass reatil is a better plan than actually getting out a cool vehicle; were just silly for thinking other wise.
By Paulskywalker
Well Hasbro knows best Chewie, they know putting out cheap looking 12 inch figures at mass reatil is a better plan than actually getting out a cool vehicle; were just silly for thinking other wise.
Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Completely agree... the Gamorrean is going to be i[…]

https://i.imgur.com/3uy9lk6.jpg https://i.imgu[…]

Community fodder box...

Here is everything I forgot to include. I'm OK[…]

Your customs put the company to shame. No excuse f[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

That is super cool! I have several of the NECA fi[…]

Thank you all! It's been fun doing these figures. […]

HOMEWORLD RETURN TO HIIGARA - Part 4

This is absolutely fantastic work! I LOVE the Home[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS