Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By stroebel83
less stuff higher price, they could have at least thrown a jawa in or something
By DarthEddie
I was tempted to get one of these new Dewbacks, but for thirty dollars a pop they can keep them for now. I'll wait until they go on markdown. The new 3-D box is really colorful and cool but I'm not shelling out three Hamiltons for one of these.
By darth_sidious
Look at what the TPM Dewback could have been:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album ... eR?start=0

I would have actually bought the thing if it included those accessories, and many other collectors would have as well - kids wouldnt even have noticed the change, and Hasbro could have cashed in on so many more of these selling - now they have a 1-way ticket to the clearance aisle.
By DarthEddie
Wait...THAT'S what the new Dewback was originally supposed to be?! :shock: :evil:

What happened? Cost-cutting by Hasbro? That thing looks a lot better than the one that's currently shipping to Walmart! That could have been the definitive, ultimate Dewback for collectors! I'll tell ya, there are times I think Hasbro's head is so far up its rear end that it can see its own corporate spleen. I hope we eventually get this particular Dewback...but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
By stroebel83
totally would gave grabbed more of those
By DarthEddie
Saw it at one of my local Walmarts tonight. Great box, but the lizard inside just isn't worth thirty bucks. I'll wait until they're put on clearance thank you very much...and even then I'm not 100% certain I'll get one.
By DarthEddie
I have to admit. It's tempting. That new 2012 Darth Maul packaging is very appealing and the pictures of the Dewback on the box make you salivate a little. But...for thirty dollars all they're gonna get are my looks and a little drool. :wink:
By DarthEddie
I saw two more of them today during my "street date" toy runs. Again, I stood there like a dork adoring the box design but for thirty dollars apiece they aren't going to sell me on it. Fifteen? Even twenty? Sure. And if they ordered enough of them I'm sure at least one or two will make it to clearance. But for right now it's just a glorified and colorful paperweight on a shelf.
By DarthEddie
Just curious, does the website offer a discount for ordering it online? Or is it the same thirty bucks there as it is in brick-and-mortar stores?

I'm not saying I'd buy it...but if it were cheaper online I'd be much more tempted to bite the bullet and get it.
By DarthEddie
Got two of them myself at the $21 markdown price. The store had only three or four left...more than a few have been selling since the price got slashed. I have to say I'm quite happy with the Dewback. He has his downsides(for one, don't even TRY to get most Sandtroopers or Stormtroopers to sit on his saddle because it results in some of the most painful and stupid looking leg bends and poses imaginable...it's really quite sad) but for the markdown pricepoint it's mighty hard to resist the lizard as well as the excellent Discover the Force 3-D box.
Black Spire Outpost- WIP

Very inspiring! Makes me want to get back into ge[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

:lol: LOL, no 2 gammoreans already. I woul[…]

Mimban Stormtrooper

Good point, I've noticed a figure stained before t[…]

Star Wars Hot Wheels

I love this line, because I can actually collect s[…]

Community fodder box...

Sure, I'll toss a few bucks in there. Canada shi[…]

Load the Barge!

Bib Fortuna (new sculpt) Tessek (new sculpt) […]